The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: September 29th, 2015

• ShadyShallShadyShall317,917
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 01:17Permalink
    Fuzzy Churro said:CounterInsurgnt said:Elyoh said:Yay Toy Soldiers clapYour excited now, then you will actually play the game.......

I warned you smile
    It was the biggest let down in the series. I was confident from the first two games that war chest would be great but I should've read reviews. Lesson learned. Lesson learned hard.
    it wasn't that bad... it just wasn't that good. i think the sale price tag is about what it is worth. wish i didn't pay $40.

the bigger issue is the current unobtainable achievement. they say they are aware and working on it, but if you are a worrisome completionist, i would avoid it for now.
    [url=http://www.trueachievements.com/ShadyShall.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/ShadyShall.png[/img][/url]
  • Posted on 30 September 15 at 01:26Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:Too many posts to quote anyone in particular.

Prices for the Lego games are set by TT Games, nothing to do with Microsoft (as already pointed out by xPut Name Herex).

Digital prices are regional, just like physical prices, so go complain in the stores that they are charging too much for physical and digital prices will drop.

• LEGO Jurassic World - 25% off - Now US$44.99 / £33.74 / €44.99 / AU$67.46
    converted into USD at todays exchange rate plus taxes:
    • LEGO Jurassic World - 25% off - Now US $49.98 / UK $51.13 / EU $50.65 / AU $47.32

So as usual AU is the cheapest (as is Canada) and UK and EU (and New Zealand) are the most expensive.

The problem many of you seem to have is with the fact that older games have far less value in the US. Walk into a store in the US that has 1 million second hand copies in stock of a 3 year old game and you will realise that if they ask $50 for it they are not going to sell a single one. So they drop the price to $5, but now realise if the digital version was $50 they are not going to sell a single one. TT Games know this and so drop the digital price.

Walk into a store in Australia and see a deal like
    ebGames LEGO Batman 3 Crazy Clearance price $57 (=$40 USD)

and you will realise that
    • LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - 60% off - Now US$12.00 / £20.00 / €24.00 / AU$35.98
    is actually a better deal for Australia than stores such as ebGames. Same applies to UK and EU. TT Games have undercut store prices by $4, it makes no business sense to undercut them by $40.

So my point still stands, until you can get the prices reduced in the stores, you can't expect digital prices to follow. And imagine if digital prices did follow and you could get this game for USD $12, then every store in Australia would go out of business overnight (and almost have in UK).

I am not a mod.
    You can get a physical copy of any new release for £40 or less meanwhile the majorty are £50-£60 digitally.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead501,067
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 01:32, Edited on 30 September 15 at 01:48 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    The Allslayer said:You can get a physical copy of any new release for £40 or less meanwhile the majorty are £50-£60 digitally.Not True, I just checked and Halo 5 is £42 (GAME and amazon), so not £40 or less for any new release (unless you mean in a deal, in which case you can't compare it to a digital title that isn't in a sale). Halo 5 digital is £45, so again not £50-£60. I agree it is still £3 more expensive, but not the £10-£20 price difference you claim.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Segendary TySegendary Ty659,037
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 02:11Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:Too many posts to quote anyone in particular.

*Lots of text*

I am not a mod.
    As microsoft and all other companies distribute internationally, don't they hold every right to run the competition to the ground?
    I know a lot of fanboys love to resell their physical copies but isn't that kinda bad for the enviroment? I mean 1 million plastic cases less is kind of a good thing right?

So my two questions are these:
    -What incentive or restriction is there for digital copies to compete fairly on regional basis? Is it based on how much money they make or is it based on how much money the competition of physical copy stores make?
    -Isn't it a better thing to have digital copies reign the sales over physical copies and as such isn't it more profitable AND more ecological to outcompete those physical copies stores?
  • Posted on 30 September 15 at 02:16Permalink
    Shadow of Mordor definitely for me without a doubt.
    GP
  • KinectKid333KinectKid333481,148
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 02:22Permalink
    CounterInsurgnt said:Elyoh said:Yay Toy Soldiers clapYour excited now, then you will actually play the game.......

I warned you smile
    *You're
    Wanna sign up for Dec. 2015 achievement wars? PM me! Don't know what Achievement Wars is? Go to my blog! :)
  • Posted on 30 September 15 at 02:24, Edited on 30 September 15 at 02:40 by DarkSquall1Permalink
    This may be a stupid question, but I have a feeling the people here can be more useful than the Xbox Live support person I'm talking to, so here goes.

I am located in Canada, and do not own an Xbox One yet, but I am getting one shortly. I wish to purchase Shadow of Mordor GOTY during this sale. When I hit buy for Xbox One, a screen pops up requiring credit card info, even though my card is on my profile (I can buy 360 games no problem). I can not add a new card, as the drop down menu that says "state/province" does not actually have any Provinces listed.

I was under the impression that I could buy Xbox One games online, despite not having the console. Is this correct? I have "purchased" a few Games with Gold, but never tried actually paying for any Xbox One titles yet. If anyone can shed some light it would be much appreciated.

*EDIT* - Issue Solved!

I might as well post it here for any other Canadians having the same problem. It turns out it was an issue with Firefox. Every time I clicked on the game to buy it, it changed to the US version of the website. I had to manually change back before it recognized my credit card. IE works properly, as much as I hate to use it.
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 02:46Permalink
    Segendary Ty said:HolyHa1fDead said:Too many posts to quote anyone in particular.

*Lots of text*

I am not a mod.
    As microsoft and all other companies distribute internationally, don't they hold every right to run the competition to the ground?
    I know a lot of fanboys love to resell their physical copies but isn't that kinda bad for the enviroment? I mean 1 million plastic cases less is kind of a good thing right?

So my two questions are these:
    -What incentive or restriction is there for digital copies to compete fairly on regional basis? Is it based on how much money they make or is it based on how much money the competition of physical copy stores make?
    -Isn't it a better thing to have digital copies reign the sales over physical copies and as such isn't it more profitable AND more ecological to outcompete those physical copies stores?
    I like your take on this. Don't forget though that all the XBL Marketplace datacenters around the globe have a carbon footprint.

Despite the pros and cons of physical vs digital I know I am happier about getting a code for Halo 5 with my Halo 5 Xbox One a week before release and pre-downloading the game than I would have been about collecting my Halo 5 Xbox One a week later after Halo 5 had been released with a disc and then having to wait while it copies the disc to the disc and then downloads updates before I can play. The disc-less GwG have also shown me how much I like digital.

If digital puts physical stores out of business that is one less outlet for their product, and in fact the XBL Marketplace will then have a monopoly and publishers will be able to charge whatever they want (or rather raising US prices to be inline with the rest of the world). Stores take a cut of all sales, but the XBL Marketplace probably does as well. Physical manufacture and distribution costs are replaced by datacenter and ISP costs.

At the end of the day price is driven by supply and demand (no second hand digital market will controls this) and competition. The competition isn't between physical and digital, it is between publishers (EA vs Ubisoft) and platforms (Xbox vs PS).
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 30 September 15 at 02:49Permalink
    I'll take Another World and Blue Estate.
  • Segendary TySegendary Ty659,037
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 03:04Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:If digital puts physical stores out of business that is one less outlet for their product, and in fact the XBL Marketplace will then have a monopoly and publishers will be able to charge whatever they want (or rather raising US prices to be inline with the rest of the world). Stores take a cut of all sales, but the XBL Marketplace probably does as well. Physical manufacture and distribution costs are replaced by datacenter and ISP costs.

At the end of the day price is driven by supply and demand (no second hand digital market will controls this) and competition. The competition isn't between physical and digital, it is between publishers (EA vs Ubisoft) and platforms (Xbox vs PS).
    True that those servers have a carbon footprint, but the burden would be way less I imagine.

Yeah so if xbox is trying to get publisher to like them over other consoles, wouldn't it be wiser to compete with prices as well with things such as Steam?

I get that the priceranges can be different, but with such extremity you'd think they would aim for reaching a higher demand as the supply only requires one purchase. But then again that is under the assumption that gamers aren't completely ignorant of the prices and don't care about how high the price is as long as it's bought in a sale?

Also gamestores should shift their focus of physical copies to also selling codes, which more and more you can see happening on websites that already offer xbox live or xbox 'gift card' codes. We will be seeing this more and more as digitalising is paired with the increase of automisation.

Anyway related to this weeks sale, I was interested in making the purchase of Shadow of Mordor, but seeing the price difference is really discouraging and as I prefer not to buy digital copies over €20 I'm going to let this pass unless they adjust the pricing! Have they ever corrected their pricing in a similar case? I know in some cases a glitch occured and the game was not adjusted correctly in relation to their provided discount%
  • Posted on 30 September 15 at 03:45, Edited on 30 September 15 at 03:48 by Typhon AchillesPermalink
    £22 for middle earth: shadow of mordor and £20 for the game of the year edition? So pay an extra £2 for less content? facepalm
  • Posted on 30 September 15 at 03:55Permalink
    KinectKid333 said:CounterInsurgnt said:Elyoh said:Yay Toy Soldiers clapYour excited now, then you will actually play the game.......

I warned you smile
    *You're
    Oh my gosh, YOUR so smart!

laugh
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • Triple Triad777Triple Triad7771,287,187
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 04:06Permalink
    Can anyone tell me if they still have the deal where if you buy the castle crashers for 360, then it lets you download the remastered version on xb1 for free???? Would much rather spend $6 for both castle crashers then 15 for just the xb1 version. Please help.
  • MaesenkoMaesenko286,474
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 04:10Permalink
    When I saw that the LEGO games were on sale again, I was hoping to see the season pass for Batman 3 X360. Once again, I am disappointed. Might snag the One version this time around so I can stack it (and besides, after I missed the 75% off there's no way I'm letting it go again).

That's about it this time around. We'll see about the Red Stripes.
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • SkormsGhostSkormsGhost497,350
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 04:24Permalink
    Argh, why can't Lego Batman 3 season pass be on sale... this is the 2nd time that the deluxe edition has been on sale but not the season pass....
  • lab0kuplab0kup1,199,548
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 04:45Permalink
    Does Blue Estate require kinect to complete 100% achievements?
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 04:57, Edited on 30 September 15 at 05:12 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    domdude7 said:Can anyone tell me if they still have the deal where if you buy the castle crashers for 360, then it lets you download the remastered version on xb1 for free???? Would much rather spend $6 for both castle crashers then 15 for just the xb1 version. Please help.They waited for that deal to finish before putting it on sale. However, as long as you have XBL Gold, you still get 66% off Castle Crashers Remastered

I know $11 for both isn't as good as $6, but it is still better than $15 for one.

Taken from HolyHa1fDead's blog post - Recent Price Drops (Updated 21st September 2015)

I also list some other deals on my blog, such as
    Ultratron 75% off has 1 unobtainable achievement
  • SpilnerSpilner766,955
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 05:25Permalink
    Lots there but nothing for me this time
  • Posted on 30 September 15 at 05:41Permalink
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes is $9.90 not $6.60 for me. facepalm
    wait.....what am I signing here?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 September 15 at 05:52Permalink
    Anyone know where the Red Stripe Deals for last week have got to? Doesn't seem to be any.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.