The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: September 29th, 2015

AuthorMessage
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 30 September 15 at 05:57
Mickford said:Anyone know where the Red Stripe Deals for last week have got to? Doesn't seem to be any.Nope of the options for this weeks Red Stripe Deals were Xbox Live enabled, so they weren't covered on this site.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 30 September 15 at 06:01
xPut Name Herex said:Mickford said:Anyone know where the Red Stripe Deals for last week have got to? Doesn't seem to be any.Nope of the options for this weeks Red Stripe Deals were Xbox Live enabled, so they weren't covered on this site.Thanks mate smile
ShokuPanMike
ShokuPanMike
Posted on 30 September 15 at 07:50
I've been waiting for the Batman Arkham games to be on sale again but haven't they been cheaper than this before now? I'm sure Arkham City was stupidly cheap, like half this sale price again or am I thinking of a Steam sale?
Less work, more play!
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 30 September 15 at 07:58
Catching ZZZs said:Lego Marvel Super Heroes is $9.90 not $6.60 for me. facepalmAlthough $9.90 CAD = $7.37 USD so it's not that bad. Spare a thought for TT Games prices for the rest of the world.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
MattQuin89
MattQuin89
Posted on 30 September 15 at 08:12
Only slightly tempting one is the Shadows of Mordor Season Pass...
HungryWatchWOLF
Posted on 30 September 15 at 08:23
I have a lot of games I have yet to start or finish. This looks like a good week to not buy anything and start getting my backlog cleaned up a little bit. + I have gamefly and games with gold so i am not to worried about missing out on anything this week
WOLF.
BuckShotzNYC
BuckShotzNYC
Posted on 30 September 15 at 09:12
Valiant Hearts: The Great War easy 1000GS smile
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 30 September 15 at 09:30
Mickford said:Anyone know where the Red Stripe Deals for last week have got to? Doesn't seem to be any.The Red Stripe deal for WP is The Bridge. No deals for Win8
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 30 September 15 at 09:32
Please, may someone let me know if pickimg Toy Soldiers: War Chest "Hall of Fame Edition" make some difference in order to get more easily the achievements (considering the extras in this version) then buying the standard edition? Many thanks
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 30 September 15 at 10:10, Edited on 30 September 15 at 10:13 by HolyHalfDead
Pare ESP said:Mickford said:Anyone know where the Red Stripe Deals for last week have got to? Doesn't seem to be any.The Red Stripe deal for WP is The Bridge. No deals for Win8There are always 6 Red Stripe deals for W8 and WP every week, just last week none of them were XBL games, which is all we care about on TA. The version of The Bridge with achievements is an Xbox One game.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 30 September 15 at 12:02
HolyHa1fDead said:Pare ESP said:Mickford said:Anyone know where the Red Stripe Deals for last week have got to? Doesn't seem to be any.The Red Stripe deal for WP is The Bridge. No deals for Win8There are always 6 Red Stripe deals for W8 and WP every week, just last week none of them were XBL games, which is all we care about on TA. The version of The Bridge with achievements is an Xbox One game.So, If I get all the achievements on WP for The bridge, they will show up on XBox One?

thanks
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 30 September 15 at 12:09
Pare ESP said:HolyHa1fDead said:Pare ESP said:Mickford said:Anyone know where the Red Stripe Deals for last week have got to? Doesn't seem to be any.The Red Stripe deal for WP is The Bridge. No deals for Win8There are always 6 Red Stripe deals for W8 and WP every week, just last week none of them were XBL games, which is all we care about on TA. The version of The Bridge with achievements is an Xbox One game.So, If I get all the achievements on WP for The bridge, they will show up on XBox One?

thanks
No, the WP version is not Live enabled so has no achievements or link to achievements on any other platform.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
AtlantisRhythm
Posted on 30 September 15 at 12:26
Good article on Kotaku about pricing
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/09/30/why-you-pay-what-you-pay-...
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 30 September 15 at 13:38
ChewieOnIce said:Pare ESP said:HolyHa1fDead said:Pare ESP said:Mickford said:Anyone know where the Red Stripe Deals for last week have got to? Doesn't seem to be any.The Red Stripe deal for WP is The Bridge. No deals for Win8There are always 6 Red Stripe deals for W8 and WP every week, just last week none of them were XBL games, which is all we care about on TA. The version of The Bridge with achievements is an Xbox One game.So, If I get all the achievements on WP for The bridge, they will show up on XBox One?

thanks
No, the WP version is not Live enabled so has no achievements or link to achievements on any other platform.
Hi Chewie,

I just checked the game on my WP, and in the main menu there is an option of achievements with 20 of it,

Please, Chewie, may you also advise me about buying the standard or the luxe edition of toy soldier for Xbox one? Thanks
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 30 September 15 at 15:29, Edited on 30 September 15 at 15:30 by ChewieOnIce
Those are only in-game achievements. They don't hook up to Live so won't affect your gamerscore.

I can't really help with Toy Soldiers as I don't have any experience with the game. I believe some other people have commented about it in this thread though.

EDIT: Looking into it, it seems that the Hall of Fame Edition just includes packs for toys based on other franchises (GI Joe, He-Man, Assassin's Creed) so it depends how much you love those franchises and want to play as them in the game.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 30 September 15 at 15:40
ChewieOnIce said:Those are only in-game achievements. They don't hook up to Live so won't affect your gamerscore.

I can't really help with Toy Soldiers as I don't have any experience with the game
Help me Chewie-won Kenobi, you're my only hope!

Wait...that doesn't sound right...
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 30 September 15 at 16:03
ChewieOnIce said:Those are only in-game achievements. They don't hook up to Live so won't affect your gamerscore.

I can't really help with Toy Soldiers as I don't have any experience with the game. I believe some other people have commented about it in this thread though.

EDIT: Looking into it, it seems that the Hall of Fame Edition just includes packs for toys based on other franchises (GI Joe, He-Man, Assassin's Creed) so it depends how much you love those franchises and want to play as them in the game.
Thank you very much to clarify it. I thought those achievements count on the gamerscore.

Also thanks for the tip on toy soldier. Then the packs do not help to get the achievements more easy. They are just for fun
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 30 September 15 at 17:09
TA said:NBA JAM: On Fire Edition - 66% off - Now US$5.09 / £3.39 / €4.89 / AU$5.08€4.89? The game is not available in France, is it in other European countries? That's strange. I do want it for a long time, but I can't...
Pare ESP
Pare ESP
Posted on 30 September 15 at 17:58
vegansound said:TA said:NBA JAM: On Fire Edition - 66% off - Now US$5.09 / £3.39 / €4.89 / AU$5.08€4.89? The game is not available in France, is it in other European countries? That's strange. I do want it for a long time, but I can't...Available in Spain
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 30 September 15 at 18:17
Pare ESP said:vegansound said:TA said:NBA JAM: On Fire Edition - 66% off - Now US$5.09 / £3.39 / €4.89 / AU$5.08€4.89? The game is not available in France, is it in other European countries? That's strange. I do want it for a long time, but I can't...Available in SpainAnd Ireland, which is the primary marketplace we use for the € pricing. Seems weird that it wouldn't be available in France too. Maybe there was an issue with the NBA licensing.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.