The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: September 29th, 2015

• Strykerz911Strykerz911229,369
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 18:39Permalink
    Maybe now is the time to get all the Batman games on the 360.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 September 15 at 18:56Permalink
    Well, I'll bite on NBA Jam. I just hope the two games I actually want go on sale or price drop at some point. $30 for Painkiller is ridiculous, and $20 for Crysis is a bit much. Isn't that like 10 years old now? It's been ported to 360 for at least 5.
    100% Onyx MAX on Halo: Reach 6/19/2012: 230+ DAYS playtime, 69+ million credits. 1.4 million FF kills.
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82390,353
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 19:30Permalink
    shadow of mordor for me. 16$ for the GOTY, it's a steal compared to what I see in store.
    Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,145
    Posted on 30 September 15 at 23:41Permalink
    AtlantisRhythm said:Good article on Kotaku about pricing
    http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/09/30/why-you-pay-what-you-pay-...
    Publishers, for reasons we’ll go into later, quite literally cannot afford to undercut or otherwise piss off retail under any circumstances.
    HolyHa1fDead said:TT Games have undercut store prices by $4, it makes no business sense to undercut them by $40.and No, I didn't write that article.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • DrewJCraigDrewJCraig410,444
    Posted on 01 October 15 at 00:25Permalink
    I bought more than I'd care to admit. Both shadow of mordors, 3 lego games, and toy soldiers, back log continues to grow
  • Posted on 01 October 15 at 01:56Permalink
    Damn, that's a really good price for Shadow of Mordor GOTY. I hate buying digital retail games but for that price...
    Each One Teach One
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 October 15 at 03:03Permalink
    This post is contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    100% Onyx MAX on Halo: Reach 6/19/2012: 230+ DAYS playtime, 69+ million credits. 1.4 million FF kills.
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82390,353
    Posted on 01 October 15 at 03:27, Edited on 01 October 15 at 03:29 by Tanelorn82Permalink
    This post is contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
  • Posted on 01 October 15 at 04:41Permalink
    Deadliest Warrior: Legends for me. Also thinking about buying Deadlist Warrior: Battlegrounds and The Lord of the Rings, but I'm not sure yet as I still have to purchase the dlc for Legends.
    G O DofL 1 V E
  • cheeky 315cheeky 315237,270 237,270 GamerScore
    Posted on 01 October 15 at 07:10Permalink
    Lego marvel super heroes 2, Lego movie video game and Lego hobbit added to the backlog
  • Posted on 01 October 15 at 11:15, Edited on 01 October 15 at 11:56 by The AllslayerPermalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:The Allslayer said:You can get a physical copy of any new release for £40 or less meanwhile the majorty are £50-£60 digitally.Not True, I just checked and Halo 5 is £42 (GAME and amazon), so not £40 or less for any new release (unless you mean in a deal, in which case you can't compare it to a digital title that isn't in a sale). Halo 5 digital is £45, so again not £50-£60. I agree it is still £3 more expensive, but not the £10-£20 price difference you claim.Because Game and Amazon are the only places that sell games? Google shopping it, places are selling it for £39.99. Of course you use Halo as an example, one of the very few exceptions to what I said (which is why I said majority). Why not Star Wars Battlefront, Blops 3, Fallout 4, RS: Siege, Fifa, both NBA's, Madden, Mad Max, MGSVTPP, MKX, Batman AK, Destiny: TTK Legendary Edition, Dying Light, Evolve, Dragonball Xenoverse, FF Type-0? Oh right because they prove my point.
  • BuckShotzNYCBuckShotzNYC588,263
    Posted on 01 October 15 at 19:16Permalink
    Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition easy 1000G laugh
  • ElyohElyoh781,963
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 04:55Permalink
    CounterInsurgnt said:Elyoh said:Yay Toy Soldiers clapYour excited now, then you will actually play the game.......

I warned you smile
    Your comment made me do a little research, I think I'm going to hold off laugh
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,145
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 17:50, Edited on 02 October 15 at 18:08 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    The Allslayer said:HolyHa1fDead said:The Allslayer said:You can get a physical copy of any new release for £40 or less meanwhile the majorty are £50-£60 digitally.Not True, I just checked and Halo 5 is £42 (GAME and amazon), so not £40 or less for any new release (unless you mean in a deal, in which case you can't compare it to a digital title that isn't in a sale). Halo 5 digital is £45, so again not £50-£60. I agree it is still £3 more expensive, but not the £10-£20 price difference you claim.Because Game and Amazon are the only places that sell games? Google shopping it, places are selling it for £39.99. Of course you use Halo as an example, one of the very few exceptions to what I said (which is why I said majority). Why not Star Wars Battlefront, Blops 3, Fallout 4, RS: Siege, Fifa, both NBA's, Madden, Mad Max, MGSVTPP, MKX, Batman AK, Destiny: TTK Legendary Edition, Dying Light, Evolve, Dragonball Xenoverse, FF Type-0? Oh right because they prove my point.To be honest Halo 5 was just the first game I thought of, and I am aware how much Activision (not Microsoft) screwed the UK on Destiny pricing (although I couldn't find a physical copy of the Taken King for less than £40, but by all means correct me). I think we both agree though that Digital costs more than Physical, sometimes by a little and sometimes by a lot.

I know it doesn't benefit many people, but digital pricing has always been for two legal copies. So if you have a brother/flatmate with an Xbox you can go halves, which is then cheaper than physical prices, and lends towards some fun LAN gaming or online team games.

At least with Xbox One GoD you can easily buy them from the cheapest country/state. If you think US prices are good, just check out the Canadian price on games like Shadow of Mordor. Most of the Lego games are also cheaper in Canada than they are in the US. I know we don't list the CAD prices in the TA news, but we do add them to the Sales Hub
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.