Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Majesco Brings Attack of the Movies 3D to the 360

• Posted on 16 March 10 at 05:48
    Already announced for the Wii, Majesco Entertainment announced earlier today that their 3D 4-person co-op shooter Attack of the Movies 3D will be arriving on the Xbox 360 this May as well.

3-D Shooter Brings The Thrill of Action Movies to The Next-Gen Platform

EDISON, N.J., March 15th, 2010 – Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), an innovative provider of video games for the mass market, today announced Attack of the Movies 3-D for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Also being released for Wii, Attack of the Movies 3-D allows thrill seekers the opportunity to play through some of the greatest action movie scenes of all time – in 3-D! The game, which will release for both platforms this May, comes packaged with four pairs of 3-D glasses to support four-player multiplayer action.

In Attack of the Movies 3-D, players become an integral part of movie scenes they can typically only watch. They are transported to six fantastic movie-themed worlds where they will battle large alien space cruisers, shoot underwater monsters, join the resistance against the machines and more. Each scene features genre-based weapons to engage enemies, including zombie-slaying shotguns, automatic laser cannons and more. In addition, branching paths, changing enemy attack patterns, unique areas and environmental challenges ensure that players never experience the same fight twice.

Developed by Panic Button Games Inc., Attack of the Movies 3-D is expected to release this May. For additional information about Majesco’s exciting line of products, please visit www.majescoentertainment.com.

The age of 3-D gaming is coming. Majesco has not mentioned what TVs will support 3-D, but seeing as how Attack of the Movies 3D is also coming out for the Wii, it would be a safe bet that not even an HD TV is required. We will all get a chance to witness the new age of gaming this May.

External link: http://www.majescoentertainment.com/news/display_news.php?id...
  • Posted on 16 March 10 at 06:17, Edited on 16 March 10 at 06:17 by BiLLzuMaNaTi
    niceeee sounds cool... good game to play with the wifey
  • Tasty PastryTasty Pastry488,280
    Posted on 16 March 10 at 06:28
    Sounds rather fun! I'm sure it'll have its issues, but the theme of the game and it's individual traits will probably overcome those.
    Use one of the quotes from that thread
  • Posted on 16 March 10 at 06:42
    i can always count on you DoT, sounds like a fun game to me
  • Posted on 16 March 10 at 07:26
    sounds pretty good,but does it say what movies ?
    The one true Church-The church of satan founded by Anton Szandor Lavey
  • Posted on 16 March 10 at 07:38
    Heaven In Vain said:
    sounds pretty good,but does it say what movies ?
    Nope, but it mentions underwater monsters, zombie slaying and a resistance against machines. So it's taking I dunno, Megashark vs. Giant Octopus, Dawn of the Dead and Terminator like scenarios I suppose. Since there appears to be NO official movie licenses attached, I would expect no name brand.
  • NINja277NINja277494,598
    Posted on 16 March 10 at 08:19
    sigh...more subpar 3d generated images ...

that was my initial reaction to the story but upon reading it its more like .....SIGH....more subpar 3d generated images...

Avatar is the only 3d form of entertainment i've come to enjoy , the ability to see a movie in 3d usually comes with negative aspects in order to obtain the 3d image , until they make a TV or projection field 3d media will at best be a tradeoff . You are tricking the brain to "seeing" 3d instead of generating a true 3d image.

I guess what i'm trying to say is has anyone ever said to themself "I didnt care for that movie/game , perhaps i would have had it been in 3d!"

3d gaming may be coming but its not in the current "3d" form.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 March 10 at 08:37
    Sounds cool, might pick this one up depending on the cheeves.
    When you die can I have your stuff?
  • ZachRobins0nZachRobins0n527,578
    Posted on 16 March 10 at 10:50
    if this is as bad as ur in the movies i will be avoiding it
  • BrassBrumBrassBrum228,477
    Posted on 16 March 10 at 12:10
    3D games. No thanks. Hope this stays as nothing more than a novelty.
    http://daviemarshall.wordpress.com/ Xbox LIVE Ambassador (UK). TruAchievements Newshound (Probation
  • Posted on 16 March 10 at 12:29
    i'm hoping this is a project natal title. that'd be awesome.
  • Posted on 16 March 10 at 13:09
    Operation REMIE said:
    6 months before the device is even out? I highly doubt it. :)
    http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=140569
  • ZachRobins0nZachRobins0n527,578
    Posted on 16 March 10 at 13:26
    Operation REMIE said:
    im not that sure on natal either
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM112,475
    Posted on 16 March 10 at 13:50
    I never tried You're In the Movies, but from what I heard, it was pretty bad. Therefore, I don't have any expectations whatsoever for this game. :/
    If you like Pokemon, check out thepokemonleague.com! My name on it is ERIKDOTCOM. :D
  • Posted on 16 March 10 at 14:11
    It has come to my knowledge that most things relying on advertising with "3D" has come out to be subpar.
  • BrassBrumBrassBrum228,477
    Posted on 16 March 10 at 14:12
    Seems to be the current trend, like the 3D Arkham Asylum release that's going to be coming out.
    http://daviemarshall.wordpress.com/ Xbox LIVE Ambassador (UK). TruAchievements Newshound (Probation
  • DaKensterDaKenster113,933
    Posted on 16 March 10 at 15:04
    You're in the Movies was ok if you played it once in a while when you had guests over and let them be the characters in the movie. You could sit off to the side and laugh while they made utter fools of themselves. You can also save the movie for later for blackmailing purposes, if needed.

I only bought it because it came with the xbox webcam, and was cheaper than the webcam by itself. What's the deal on that? I guess it's pity for being stuck with the game.
  • Posted on 16 March 10 at 18:55
    DaKenster said:
    I only bought it because it came with the xbox webcam, and was cheaper than the webcam by itself. What's the deal on that? I guess it's pity for being stuck with the game.
    hahahah well said! I needed the webcam to finish off burnout paradise, so I was close to buy you're in the movies from play.com, but I was reluctant to do so.
    - I ended up going on a hunt one day: Called the library (they have a few games), the blockbuster store, but no luck. Then I called the nearest gamestop to ask if they had any used cams, but no. The next gamestop had a cam - got it for 25$. I was thrilled.
    http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=140569
  • GhostPants87GhostPants87240,817
    Posted on 16 March 10 at 19:03
    Could be good if done right, most likely will be a game with more bugs than a carnival.
    Games b4 Dames
  • dudecrazy108dudecrazy108468,474
    Posted on 16 March 10 at 22:23
    Tasty Pastry said:
    Sounds rather fun! I'm sure it'll have its issues, but the theme of the game and it's individual traits will probably overcome those.
    Agreed. I'll be watching this game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads