The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: October 1st, 2015

• NO1KEVNO1KEV1,943,438
    Posted on 01 October 15 at 18:54
    Michael Vanek said:Yesterday I noticed that old WP7 games are available on store too. But it would be nice to put them on sale :)Yep I downloaded and completed ghostscape and orbital. Rabbids go phone crashes as soon as you press yes or no to sounds (so 79p wasted!) and big buck hunter just sits on the loading screen forever (£2.29 wasted!) they may be there but alot of them dont work! Ms dont test fuck all as far as WP games go. I'm nearly done with WP all together. So many broken games that never get fixed its fucking ridiculous
  • SpilnerSpilner799,156
    Posted on 01 October 15 at 18:57
    Yeah cause its on MS to fix other peoples games
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV1,943,438
    Posted on 01 October 15 at 19:28
    Spilner said:Yeah cause its on MS to fix other peoples gamesI never said that! I'm just warning ppl that most of those wp7 games that are up on wp8 DO NOT WORK on wp8 phones. They were up on wp8 like 6 months ago and disappeared after a day because of complaints they didnt work yet 6 months later they have re-appeared and still don't work! So part of the blame is at ms' doorstep. Most of them have not had updates since 2013 and earlier so how can they suddenly only be wp7 games but magically work on wp8 with NO UPDATES/TESTING?! Explain that to me! Its a joke that Ms and various devs are taking money for games that dont work, that is a piss take simple as.
  • xQuesooxQuesoo384,023
    Posted on 01 October 15 at 19:34
    I just bought the Windows 8 version. After it was installed I went to get it for my phone but the option to buy for £1.89 is there. Do I click buy and then it'll tell me I can get it free or has something gone wrong?
  • MxSvnty4MxSvnty4349,186
    Posted on 01 October 15 at 22:52
    First windows 8 game I'm going to pick up from these deals.
  • SeoulcrusherSeoulcrusher982,076
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 03:50
    I've been picking up almost all of these red stripe deals ever since I upgraded to Windows 10. I've only played about an hour of Hitman so far but I'm really liking it.
  • Posted on 02 October 15 at 07:52
    xQuesoo said:I just bought the Windows 8 version. After it was installed I went to get it for my phone but the option to buy for £1.89 is there. Do I click buy and then it'll tell me I can get it free or has something gone wrong?NORMALLY when you select in hte marketplace you will have an option to buy.
    if you click buy ONCE then it should say already purchased or words to that effect.
    if it shows you a price in your currency, something went wrong and it will probably charge you twice.

yesterday i tried to redownload a bunch of games on my WP7 and only one of them correctly showed as "already purchased" - the other 9-10 all wanted repurchasing. So there may currently be a backend glitch.
  • MaesenkoMaesenko297,274
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 09:44
    xQuesoo said:I just bought the Windows 8 version. After it was installed I went to get it for my phone but the option to buy for £1.89 is there. Do I click buy and then it'll tell me I can get it free or has something gone wrong?If it's anything like when I upgraded from WP7 to WP8, then it should recognize that you have already bought the game and offer to re-download it at no cost. That's how it was for me with the Final Fantasy games (no way I was going to repay $15 for that!) Keep in mind that any saves you had on the old phone will not likely save/transfer onto the new phone (which reminds me, I need to go back and finish Contre Jour on my WP7).
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • xQuesooxQuesoo384,023
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 09:56
    MakeMeACoffee said:xQuesoo said:I just bought the Windows 8 version. After it was installed I went to get it for my phone but the option to buy for £1.89 is there. Do I click buy and then it'll tell me I can get it free or has something gone wrong?NORMALLY when you select in hte marketplace you will have an option to buy.
    if you click buy ONCE then it should say already purchased or words to that effect.
    if it shows you a price in your currency, something went wrong and it will probably charge you twice.

yesterday i tried to redownload a bunch of games on my WP7 and only one of them correctly showed as "already purchased" - the other 9-10 all wanted repurchasing. So there may currently be a backend glitch.
    I clicked it once and then said it was already installed so thanks! Just didn't want to pay twice so asked here first.
  • planting42planting421,501,506
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 10:44
    ROBBERT DHT said:Spilner said:ROBBERT DHT said:KryptonicFusion said:Last week there was something on my phone for red stripe deal. It's said the bridge but when I tried to open it it said it wasn't available.It still does at my spotlight screen. Expected it to become live enabled and a cross buy for WP/W8. But there are no other hints towards that other than it being listed at the Xbox part on the phone.They're not always live enabled.I thought the ones at the Xbox game tab were. For the regular marketplace I know that.Sorta, still waiting on Angry Birds Epic...
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2015.htm
  • TangerineGamerTangerineGamer1,298,919
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 11:38
    Been waiting for this to go on sale again, awesome smile
  • Posted on 02 October 15 at 12:31
    Anyone think this will ever be $0.99 again? I can wait...
  • ReD S1XReD S1X1,066,387
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 13:30
    two weeks ago for me, the price was still the same at 4.99 and not 0.99. if it was, would've bought it.

now at half price, at least i spend only 3.00 (plus tax).

speaking of which, is it right to tax something that is digital since it is not physical?
    Say NO to overpriced DLC Map Packs.
  • ROBBERT DHTROBBERT DHT1,151,170
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 14:39
    ReD S1X said:two weeks ago for me, the price was still the same at 4.99 and not 0.99. if it was, would've bought it.

now at half price, at least i spend only 3.00 (plus tax).

speaking of which, is it right to tax something that is digital since it is not physical?
    Quick search and I found this:

Consumers living in the EU must pay VAT on digital goods at the rate applicable in their own country. This rule applies regardless of where the seller is located.
    If you're selling digital goods to customers in the EU, you should charge VAT based on your customers' locations.
    It's your responsibility to make sure that you comply fully with tax laws wherever your business operates. You should familiarize yourself with EU VAT rules as they apply to you.

Pretty sure there are similair rules for countries outside of Europe.
  • W1LLYMANW1LLYMAN746,538
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 15:07
    OverIoad said:Nice game. Played both already when they were on sale for 99 eurocent.
    They should make Lara Croft Go an xbox game also.
    It would be wonderful if they added Live functionality to Lara Croft GO. Unfortunately I read an interview on WP Central that says they currently have no plans to do so. A shame really since it already has in game achievements. I guess the reason was that they wanted to release the game on WP concurrently with Apple and Android platforms. We can always cross our fingers for the future. I still bought it though and its just as good as Hitman in my opinion.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,195,369
    Posted on 02 October 15 at 21:36
    i wanna mention when I bought win8 version I also got the WP version and didn't pay extra
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead539,456
    Posted on 22 October 15 at 21:24
    Another Thursday, another set of Red Stripe Deals, another week without any XBL enabled games.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • baylunobayluno542,443
    Posted on 04 November 15 at 22:42
    Red Stripe Deals almost seem to die out now for people like us...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.