Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: October 7th, 2015

• randy2084randy2084325,937
    Posted on 08 October 15 at 02:23Permalink
    This is a tedious and largely thankless task, but important (at least to TA gamers). Thank You so much for providing a "one stop" source for us. You are awesome! Keep up the excellent work!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 October 15 at 03:00, Edited on 08 October 15 at 03:07 by Permalink
    JDawgg77 said:HaxAras said:Thankfully I've completed Serious Sam and already purchases Pacific Rim. I need to re-obtain Forza 4 but at least the DLC is on disk.They were referring to the Mafia II DLCs being available on disk.

It was just really poor wording then. It made it sound like the Forza DLC was on disk. I also knew about the Mafia II DLC for quite some time now. TA must be really behind on these things.

Skate 323 said:It looks like yoy can still buy the porsche expansion for forza 4 through gamestop. I thought i had picked it up awhile ago and never did. When i just went on gamestop they had it to purchase still. I just bought it digital through them and it worked.Thanks so much for pointing this out. You just saved me a major headache.

Also, I have The Pacific Rim game is anybody is looking for a serious boosting partner to set up sessions with.
  • Posted on 08 October 15 at 03:21Permalink
    I just wanna tell you guys, about wp games, that there is new old wp7 games now compatible wp8. I just went in the store and i saw The Harvest, big buck hunter pro, hydro thunder go, hasta la muerte, zombie attack 2, ms splosion man, rabbids go phone and the oregon trail !!
  • Posted on 08 October 15 at 03:51Permalink
    Elite Dangerous sounds fun when described, but doesn't look fun when you watch it. Go on Twitch to see what I mean. Almost all the screen captures on Twitch look exactly alike! It looks to me like 95% of your time is spent travelling. roll
  • Posted on 08 October 15 at 04:11Permalink
    Turn 10 removed their DLC packs for Forza 4 because they're hoping nobody remembers when they sell the same cars in Forza 6 DLC packs.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 October 15 at 04:11Permalink
    Wish they'd give us a little notice before delistings,wanted to pick up Trouble Witches Neo but totally forgot about it. facepalm
  • MaesenkoMaesenko291,235
    Posted on 08 October 15 at 04:50Permalink
    Can anybody confirm if the code bought from Amazon or Gamestop still works to get the Porsche pack, can you post here or send me a PM? Please include as of what time it was still valid.
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • SpilnerSpilner777,445
    Posted on 08 October 15 at 06:07Permalink
    punkyliar said:Spilner said:Just to be awkward could we get store links with the DLC without achievements?The chances of those coming back are fairly slim just because it adds so much time to link every single piece of DLC, especially when so few people have used those links in the past.That's what I figured was the reason, thanks again for the reply :)

Maesenko said:Can anybody confirm if the code bought from Amazon or Gamestop still works to get the Porsche pack, can you post here or send me a PM? Please include as of what time it was still valid.Codes should work since the content is only delisted but not removed per say since anyone who already owned it can still redownload, I believe the codes for old XBLA games that got delisted worked (Marble Blast Ultra comes to mind)
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo253,679
    Posted on 08 October 15 at 06:46Permalink
    FightingMegaFoo said:Turn 10 removed their DLC packs for Forza 4 because they're hoping nobody remembers when they sell the same cars in Forza 6 DLC packs.+1 for brilliance and transparency of the Forza model.

Not too bad for delistings, all the truly great games always seem to survive. I would hazard a guess that the cost of listing isn't outweighed by the costs MS charges...? But on to the Ubisoft games, there is still a horrible outline/wording of what DLC gets included in the price. After ACIII, no AC games gets a season pass out of me unless they state specifically its DLC model. With the lack of MP in AC games from Unity onwards you have to be wary about how much 'story content' is actually put into them.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • FaalbaardFaalbaard162,797
    Posted on 08 October 15 at 07:45Permalink
    Thanks for keeping this upll
  • Posted on 08 October 15 at 08:57Permalink
    nice - i think we (not saying TA needs to find this out, but Microsoft atleast) should display a list of upcoming delistings so there is some kinda of warning for people.

another note, if anyone remembers an old game called "Overboard", think it was PS1, I loved that game, and Monkey Pirates reminds me of it, so think that will be picked up when I clear my bean dive

Community Warning: Never Accidently start Halo:MCC when in bean dive recovery....
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82400,015
    Posted on 08 October 15 at 13:40Permalink
    Linkx41 said:Can we include CDN prices? I mean surely there are more Canadian members on here then Japanese members, yet they get the Yen prices listed.no no no, don't do that. No whining, be a man and find the price yourself. wink
    As a Canadian, I'm sorry for what this other Canadian suggested. smile

In all seriousness, the vast majority of the time, it's the same price as USD: remove the USD, and put the CAD. It's generally a good deal considering the weaker CAD.
    Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
  • BuckShotzNYCBuckShotzNYC610,286
    Posted on 08 October 15 at 13:47Permalink
    rise of tomb raider very nice
    project cars nice ^^
  • planting42planting421,450,032
    Posted on 08 October 15 at 15:31Permalink
    FightingMegaFoo said:Elite Dangerous sounds fun when described, but doesn't look fun when you watch it. Go on Twitch to see what I mean. Almost all the screen captures on Twitch look exactly alike! It looks to me like 95% of your time is spent travelling. rollIts a very niche game. If you enjoy exploration, space piracy or want an aimless game to spend countless hours in... I encourage you to dive in. Its not for everyone, that's for sure. Flying is more difficult than one would expect... and docking takes a bit of finesse. I'm on my way to Sagittarius A now - for the achievement and the fun of exploration. Nothing like jumping into a system and finding Earthlike planets! Big payday for scanning those. Can't wait to get back to the populated realms to pass in this trade data and get back to Power Play. How can President Hudson overextend himself like this?
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2015.htm
  • Posted on 08 October 15 at 15:36Permalink
    is the porsche pack region free? or any way to buy in europe?

SquareHeadKillr said:I just wanna tell you guys, about wp games, that there is new old wp7 games now compatible wp8. I just went in the store and i saw The Harvest, big buck hunter pro, hydro thunder go, hasta la muerte, zombie attack 2, ms splosion man, rabbids go phone and the oregon trail !!thanks. this should be an individual news.
  • Posted on 08 October 15 at 16:13Permalink
    Teslapunk is great. Everyone should check it out (i think it has a demo)!
  • Posted on 08 October 15 at 16:49, Edited on 08 October 15 at 18:04 by GandalfWhite659Permalink
    punkyliar said:Forza Motorsport 6
    • "2016 Infiniti Q60 Concept" – FREE
    Not quite - only FM6 license holders get the free car after installing the update. If you have several players on the same console, only the person who installed the game & update gets a free Q60.
  • Kid VranicKid Vranic403,118
    Posted on 08 October 15 at 17:23Permalink
    Could not help myself. I had to buy Elite. I played Elite on de c64 in 1985 (!) for hundreds of hours. Pure nostalgia. I can only hope it is good. wink
    But even if I have half as much fun it's fine with me :-)
    There is no Spoon
  • Posted on 08 October 15 at 17:40Permalink
    Thanks for adding Microsoft Bingo for Windows 10. smile
    Love playing ALL XBOX games! :) 2,190 gamerscore as of right now!
  • TehJofusTehJofus419,273
    Posted on 08 October 15 at 17:44Permalink
    Honestly, if I was Ubisoft, I'd have added achievements to the Monopoly Plus skins they bring out. Maybe just 10-50G for each one or something.

But then, I'm an evil person who would exploit gamerscore addicts for money, so maybe I'm not the best person to be giving advice smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.