Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Metro 2033 Redux Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 10 October 15 at 09:31
Please use this thread to discuss the Metro 2033 Redux walkthrough
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 10 October 15 at 10:18
Hi guys,

I have just sent the WT for review, should be with you over the next day or so. Hope it is of use to you, any improvements please either PM me or drop me a message on this thread.

Thanks
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 12 October 15 at 19:50
Just got feedback re this, I have a few grammatical issues to fix. I'm hoping this will not take to long to rectify.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 05 November 15 at 13:55
The walkthrough has been published.

You can find it here: Metro 2033 Redux Walkthrough
CovetousCash64
Posted on 29 February 16 at 07:03
Am I right in thinking it will take 2 playthroughs to 100% the game (one on Spartan and one on Survivor)?
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 29 February 16 at 10:55
yes pal
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 05 March 16 at 21:00
I have been messaged asking to highlght the moral points and diaries in Bold and Italic. I am currently in the process of doing this.
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 06 March 16 at 11:12
So I have highlighted the words Diary or Moral points to allow easier navigation if you are specifically just using the WT for this. Obviously you will need to read the relevant paragraph to ensure that you can follow where the diary or moral points are.

I may have missed some as there was a lot of words to read through, so if you spot any I missed, please PM me with the tab and paragraph and I will edit them ASAP.

Thanks!
Aradeen
Aradeen
Posted on 07 March 16 at 17:58
I don't know if this can help to improve your walkthrought for the scrooge achievement, but I think you can add a note at the beginning of the fifth chapter. I only had 650 military-grade rounds when I came to Polis and I wasn't sure to be able to find at least 350 ones before the end.

In the D6 level, when you come to the room before the computer one, you have a ammo cache on the left side with ~225 rounds. On the right side, you can find a safe key in the little room. The safe is in the computer room with ~225 rounds in it.

I'm pretty sure you can add a few places to loot in your WT to help unlocking this achievement.

Metro 2033 ReduxScroogeThe Scrooge achievement in Metro 2033 Redux worth 29 pointsSave 1000 military-grade rounds.
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 07 March 16 at 18:41
I will incorporate that in the D6 level and I will credit you.

I appreciate what you are saying about adding loot locations, however for me to do that now would require an entire new play through and I have very limited gaming time as it is so won't be able to do this personally.

I can safely say if you search a little through the game you won't have to worry about this, but I understand for those who are not willing to they may struggle with this.

I do also mention about selling your extra ammo and weapons to get more military grade ammo, using this should easily help towards the achievement.

Thanks for the pointer though, it should help others who struggle with this.
Aradeen
Aradeen
Posted on 21 March 16 at 18:30
I replayed the D6 level to check where military ammos are and I found 3 locations :

1 - After the big central lift, power up the generator on the wall to let the yellow vehicule open the big door. In the next room, there is a ammo cache with 228 rounds on the right side.

2 - Turn left, enter the little room and pick up the safe key. Go to the back left side of the computer room to open the safe with 228 rounds.

3 - After taking the big central lift for the second time, check the yellow vehicule in front of you to find another ammo cache with 228 rounds.

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=427326cache1.jpg

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=557413cache2.jpg

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=222937cache3.jpg
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 22 March 16 at 10:18
Thanks Aradeen, are you happy for me to incorporate those images within the WT?
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 30 March 16 at 16:16
I have implemented the images provided by Aradeen, many thanks
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 09 July 16 at 19:55
Weaponsmith seems to require a stealth kill with the knife. I'd only ever used the knock out option (cn_X) rather than the kill (cn_RS) and couldn't work out what I was missing.
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 10 July 16 at 10:54
That's odd, I never used the stealth kill with a knife to unlock this. I've done some research and can't seem to find anyone else mention it. If someone else comes across this issue I'll add it to the walkthrough.

Thanks for pointing it out Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 10 July 16 at 19:04
SwelterinBeaver said:That's odd, I never used the stealth kill with a knife to unlock this. I've done some research and can't seem to find anyone else mention it. If someone else comes across this issue I'll add it to the walkthrough.

Thanks for pointing it out Mr Fiddler
Yeah, I've never seen it in a guide either. I guess it could have been a really delayed event from another weapon but it didn't feel like it. Probably fairly easy to confirm on an account that hasn't played the game before.
Kalujo
Kalujo
Posted on 27 November 16 at 14:35
Great walkthrough. Thank you. I mainly used it for moral points of which I got most & would like to point out that on Level Tower although I listened carefully, no one whispered the specific words "He's enlightened." I decided to try for the Enlightened 'chieve anyway & got it no problem.
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 27 November 16 at 17:06
Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you managed to get the achievement. I will have a look through this part and amend it as necessary. dance
SzilardUK
SzilardUK
Posted on 22 December 16 at 06:49
I have just started reading the walkthrough and noticed that the general hints and tips section starts with "Metro 2033 Redux is a third person shooter". You should amed this to first person shooter.
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 22 December 16 at 13:11
Thanks pal, I'll do that now
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.