Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: October 14th, 2015

• punkyliarpunkyliar226,480
  • SpilnerSpilner1,003,289
  • Posted on 14 October 15 at 20:41
    Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series (Xbox 360).
    going to get them when they are on sale for so I can play it later when I get time to.
    Love playing ALL XBOX games! :) 3,215 gamerscore as of right now!
  • Posted on 14 October 15 at 21:01
    Woo Minecraft story mode came out and already completed lol, was such an epic game smile
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,541,950
    Posted on 14 October 15 at 21:03
    Star wars £104.99?! Who the fuck would pay that much for a download?! You would have to smoking something on or some sort of medication! Absurd pricing!
    Posted on 14 October 15 at 21:04, Edited on 14 October 15 at 21:04 by Spilner
    NO1KEV said:Star wars £104.99?! Who the fuck would pay that much for a download?! You would have to smoking something on or some sort of medication! Absurd pricing!My guess it includes the $50 season pass so makes sense
  • XpovosXpovos999,518
    Posted on 14 October 15 at 21:11
    Overlord: Fellowship of Evil is showing as $23.49 for me. ($21.14 after some discount is applied, either a new order bonus, or Gold).

I was interested before but that's a better price point than I expected.
  • Posted on 14 October 15 at 21:12
    NO1KEV said:Star wars £104.99?! Who the fuck would pay that much for a download?! You would have to smoking something on or some sort of medication! Absurd pricing!That's because it's the Ultimate Edition, and the special editions are usually more the the normal versions.
    Spilner said:My guess it includes the $50 season pass so makes senseIf it does then it makes sense, but if not then it's just pointless!
    Love playing ALL XBOX games! :) 3,215 gamerscore as of right now!
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,541,950
    Posted on 14 October 15 at 21:25
    Yes but £105 for a download is a fucking piss take because its star wars! I would pay that even if princess Leia arrived at my house to give me a blow job! Just remember if ppl pay that price every dev will assume people have that much cash and will start charging that for more releases(with the season passes) who could honestly afford to spend £100 a game?! It seems like devs are pricing out alot of their customers by getting too greedy they can shove it where the sun doesnt shine
    Posted on 14 October 15 at 21:28
    NO1KEV said:Yes but £105 for a download is a fucking piss take because its star wars! I would pay that even if princess Leia arrived at my house to give me a blow job! Just remember if ppl pay that price every dev will assume people have that much cash and will start charging that for more releases(with the season passes) who could honestly afford to spend £100 a game?! It seems like devs are pricing out alot of their customers by getting too greedy they can shove it where the sun doesnt shineIts not just the base game though, it includes the season pass and extra goodies just like a collector edition only its digital content.

(Some of us can afford to buy these games if we wanted to)
  • RotcatRotcat142,035
    Posted on 14 October 15 at 21:29
    Minecraft for me laugh but why is Back to the Future ~€20,- !??!!
    VENI, VIDI, VICI!
  • Posted on 14 October 15 at 21:46
    You had me at Goosebumps. I'm waiting till October 21 to play Back To The Future. toast

Happy to see Breaking Benjamin songs added to those games. I saw them live a few weeks ago and they were amazing. Failure is a great song/

Also I wish twin stick shooters would crawl in a hole and die, they are so lazy. Please stop making them.
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
  • JappeJappe1,114,989
    Posted on 14 October 15 at 21:51
    NO1KEV said:Yes but £105 for a download is a fucking piss take because its star wars! I would pay that even if princess Leia arrived at my house to give me a blow job! Just remember if ppl pay that price every dev will assume people have that much cash and will start charging that for more releases(with the season passes) who could honestly afford to spend £100 a game?! It seems like devs are pricing out alot of their customers by getting too greedy they can shove it where the sun doesnt shineDude calm your tits. There's been a lot of digital special editions before Star Wars. For example Call of Duties, Forza 6 etc.

If you don't have the money to buy the Ultimate Edition then get the standard. It's not like Special/Collector Editions are new to the gaming industry. It's just that you won't get physical disc and useless art books for the extra money you pay.

I like figures with CEs though and I get them whenever I have the extra money to spend.
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,391,079
    Posted on 14 October 15 at 21:53, Edited on 14 October 15 at 21:55 by PlayUltimate711
    Spilner said:(Some of us can afford to buy these games if we wanted to)Yeah, it kinda sucks, but there will always be people with enough disposable income and enough desire for the product that they will buy it. Unfortunate for those who want to play the whole thing and don't have as much disposable income, but that's how the economy works. At the end of the day the developers are a company seeking to make money and if people are willing to pay for the product then they will continue selling it.

I wish I had enough time to play all these games! I think I'll pass on this one, though. I don't think a lot of my friends are going to play it and if it's really similar to battlefield I don't think I'll enjoy it as much.
  • Posted on 14 October 15 at 21:54
    wait....why is the first episode of minecraft: story mode $5, the season pass $20, but the complete series $30????
  • Posted on 14 October 15 at 21:55
    Jappe XBA said:NO1KEV said:Yes but £105 for a download is a fucking piss take because its star wars! I would pay that even if princess Leia arrived at my house to give me a blow job! Just remember if ppl pay that price every dev will assume people have that much cash and will start charging that for more releases(with the season passes) who could honestly afford to spend £100 a game?! It seems like devs are pricing out alot of their customers by getting too greedy they can shove it where the sun doesnt shineDude calm your tits. There's been a lot of digital special editions before Star Wars. For example Call of Duties, Forza 6 etc.

If you don't have the money to buy the Ultimate Edition then get the standard. It's not like Special/Collector Editions are new to the gaming industry. It's just that you won't get physical disc and useless art books for the extra money you pay.

I like figures with CEs though and I get them whenever I have the extra money to spend.
    Exactly! If you just want it digitally just get it cheaper or not get the special versions of games at all since you'll save a lot of money that you don't want to spend on it.
    Love playing ALL XBOX games! :) 3,345 gamerscore as of right now!
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,621,171
    Posted on 14 October 15 at 21:57
    Games that are only digital and full price don't make sense ! Ex 30 bucks for minecraft on the one ...ummm no
  • Posted on 14 October 15 at 22:06
    I'm just so annoyed that Kinect Nat Geo TV and Kinect Sesame Street TV have been removed. I wish this was a temporary issue but I highly doubt it. I never bought the Episodes for Kinect Sesame Street TV at all and the Clips have made me unlock some achievements which I wasn't aware of. Now I'm stuck with 125G out of 2000G : (
  • Posted on 14 October 15 at 22:15
    Minecraft Story Mode already has a disc version of the $29.99 complete bundle coming out. Amazon has it up for Xbox One and 360 here: http://amzn.to/1K9Tf23

I also saw that Game of Thrones is doing the same thing and Amazon has it here: http://amzn.to/1Qu2NKs

I love the disc version of episodic games because I can trade them in when I'm done. I'm glad Minecraft is actually putting the option out there up front so people who like the disc version know it's available.
  • Posted on 14 October 15 at 22:45
    BulgyDragonZord said:I'm just so annoyed that Kinect Nat Geo TV and Kinect Sesame Street TV have been removed. I wish this was a temporary issue but I highly doubt it. I never bought the Episodes for Kinect Sesame Street TV at all and the Clips have made me unlock some achievements which I wasn't aware of. Now I'm stuck with 125G out of 2000G : (I feel you man! It sucks that I actually started Kinect sesame street tv and got some achievements. Luckily I already completed the Nat geo but I feel bad for anyone who hasn't.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.