Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: October 14th, 2015

• Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,965,304
    Posted on 14 October 15 at 23:11
    I don't know why I come in these posts. "Oh, look at all the games I might be playing in a year or more." lol I'm still on my Xbox 360 playing games like MLB Front Office Manager and Aliens: Colonial Marines. Though, I did get to play The Escapists: The Walking Dead on Sunday and Monday for review, so once in a while I get some newer goodies to play.

I guess I just like being on top of the news.
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,645,702
    Posted on 14 October 15 at 23:20, Edited on 14 October 15 at 23:24 by Sashamorning
    PhilTheStampede said:wait....why is the first episode of minecraft: story mode $5, the season pass $20, but the complete series $30????I saw that too. The store price is $25.

My backlog is so heavy that even though I want to play this, I'll wait for the inevitable Black Friday price drop.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth. Always carry [popcorn].
  • Posted on 14 October 15 at 23:31
    KryptonicFusion said:BulgyDragonZord said:I'm just so annoyed that Kinect Nat Geo TV and Kinect Sesame Street TV have been removed. I wish this was a temporary issue but I highly doubt it. I never bought the Episodes for Kinect Sesame Street TV at all and the Clips have made me unlock some achievements which I wasn't aware of. Now I'm stuck with 125G out of 2000G : (I feel you man! It sucks that I actually started Kinect sesame street tv and got some achievements. Luckily I already completed the Nat geo but I feel bad for anyone who hasn't.So do I, I'm going to get Kinect sesame street tv disc on Xbox 360, but I'm going to slowly finish it since I don't want people to see me play it, lol not a game I can play with 2 people. It's also not the same without it, because then it's not as enjoyable.
    Love playing ALL XBOX games! :) 3,345 gamerscore as of right now!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead677,970
    Posted on 14 October 15 at 23:39, Edited on 14 October 15 at 23:47 by HolyHalfDead
    I can't decide whether to get 2300 Destiny Silver or the DOA Halloween costumes. PhilTheStampede said:wait....why is the first episode of minecraft: story mode $5, the season pass $20, but the complete series $30????The complete series is $24.99 but you can still save 1 cent buying them seperately.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • BlueyZealBlueyZeal1,530,918
    Posted on 14 October 15 at 23:57, Edited on 15 October 15 at 00:02 by BlueyZeal
    KryptonicFusion said:BulgyDragonZord said:I'm just so annoyed that Kinect Nat Geo TV and Kinect Sesame Street TV have been removed. I wish this was a temporary issue but I highly doubt it. I never bought the Episodes for Kinect Sesame Street TV at all and the Clips have made me unlock some achievements which I wasn't aware of. Now I'm stuck with 125G out of 2000G : (I feel you man! It sucks that I actually started Kinect sesame street tv and got some achievements. Luckily I already completed the Nat geo but I feel bad for anyone who hasn't.Hoping it temporary. if it comes back i expected the season 1 and 2 price drops. Not paying 40 for 1 season.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,284,936
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 00:19
    NO ONE SHOULD spend the full amount for all the episodes!!! Not only did they take much longer than promised on GOT and Borderlands, they have all went on sale for far less than the orginal price and they STILL HAVEN"T been fully released.
  • Saint HarriSaint Harri396,011
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 00:45
    Rock Band 4 DLC is listed under the Xbox 360 section. It's an Xbox One game only though. Might wanna fix that.
  • WestsideSxEWestsideSxE496,636
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 02:13
    the whole concept of 'Minecraft story mode' seems so asinine, but the VA cast, argh
  • MDArcadeMDArcade159,987
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 02:42
    I'm pretty confused about the retail version of Minecraft Story Mode. Are the digital episodes coming out once a week? The disc comes out the 27th so that's hardly enough time to come out with all 4 digital episodes. Or is the disc just an unlock for the season pass and you have to wait like people who own the digital version?
  • Pony Boy VKPony Boy VK250,962
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 03:44
    MINECRAFT! yes sir :P
    Pony Boy :P
  • BigNev44BigNev441,890,451
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 03:54
    DutRank said:I'm pretty confused about the retail version of Minecraft Story Mode. Are the digital episodes coming out once a week? The disc comes out the 27th so that's hardly enough time to come out with all 4 digital episodes. Or is the disc just an unlock for the season pass and you have to wait like people who own the digital version?Just saw the listing on Amazon, looks like a unlock disc cause it says you can play episode 1 now and then play the other 4 when they are released online.

That sucks if Telltale is starting to do that with their games, i like to play all the episodes when they are released on disc after they are all out on the dashboard.
  • Posted on 15 October 15 at 04:20
    I bought the disc versions of Kinect Sesame Street and Kinect Nat Geo, but I was confused about the different versions. No idea there were different achievement lists for digital versions of the games. Guess it doesn't matter now.
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666204,289
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 04:50
    paintballgirl said:Minecraft Story Mode already has a disc version of the $29.99 complete bundle coming out. Amazon has it up for Xbox One and 360 here: http://amzn.to/1K9Tf23

I also saw that Game of Thrones is doing the same thing and Amazon has it here: http://amzn.to/1Qu2NKs

I love the disc version of episodic games because I can trade them in when I'm done. I'm glad Minecraft is actually putting the option out there up front so people who like the disc version know it's available.
    Thing is with the disc version you still won't have access to the rest of the episodes until they're out.
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 04:51
    BigNev44 said:DutRank said:I'm pretty confused about the retail version of Minecraft Story Mode. Are the digital episodes coming out once a week? The disc comes out the 27th so that's hardly enough time to come out with all 4 digital episodes. Or is the disc just an unlock for the season pass and you have to wait like people who own the digital version?Just saw the listing on Amazon, looks like a unlock disc cause it says you can play episode 1 now and then play the other 4 when they are released online.

That sucks if Telltale is starting to do that with their games, i like to play all the episodes when they are released on disc after they are all out on the dashboard.
    They've ALWAYS done that until the full game is released.
  • Mr GimpsonMr Gimpson402,167
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 08:20
    Wait, Goosebumps?!
  • Posted on 15 October 15 at 10:19
    Zorlac0666 said:paintballgirl said:Minecraft Story Mode already has a disc version of the $29.99 complete bundle coming out. Amazon has it up for Xbox One and 360 here: http://amzn.to/1K9Tf23

I also saw that Game of Thrones is doing the same thing and Amazon has it here: http://amzn.to/1Qu2NKs

I love the disc version of episodic games because I can trade them in when I'm done. I'm glad Minecraft is actually putting the option out there up front so people who like the disc version know it's available.
    Thing is with the disc version you still won't have access to the rest of the episodes until they're out.
    Yeah, exactly like it is with the digital version...but you can't sell the digital version when you're done with it.
  • JBtorresJBtorres584,886
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 11:27
    paintballgirl said:Minecraft Story Mode already has a disc version of the $29.99 complete bundle coming out. Amazon has it up for Xbox One and 360 here: http://amzn.to/1K9Tf23

Anyone getting the "disc" version of Minecraft Story Mode BEWARE!
    The disc version only contains the first episode + a download code for the rest.
    Cancelled my order when I found out.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,003,291
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 11:49
    JBtorres said:paintballgirl said:Minecraft Story Mode already has a disc version of the $29.99 complete bundle coming out. Amazon has it up for Xbox One and 360 here: http://amzn.to/1K9Tf23

The disc version only contains the first episode + a download code for the rest.
    They were quite clear on it from day one of the announcement, though are we sure its definitely a code and not a content key on the disc? That'd be possible
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 12:36
    Spilner said:JBtorres said:paintballgirl said:Minecraft Story Mode already has a disc version of the $29.99 complete bundle coming out. Amazon has it up for Xbox One and 360 here: http://amzn.to/1K9Tf23

They were quite clear on it from day one of the announcement, though are we sure its definitely a code and not a content key on the disc? That'd be possible
    Only chapter one has been released so there's no way they'd put the rest of them on the disc version before they're released.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,003,291
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 13:22
    The season pass content key is what I was meaning, the same file as on the marketplace
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.