Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: October 14th, 2015

• Posted on 15 October 15 at 14:48, Edited on 15 October 15 at 15:01 by paintballgirl
    JBtorres said:paintballgirl said:Minecraft Story Mode already has a disc version of the $29.99 complete bundle coming out. Amazon has it up for Xbox One and 360 here: http://amzn.to/1K9Tf23

I also saw that Game of Thrones is doing the same thing and Amazon has it here: http://amzn.to/1Qu2NKs

I love the disc version of episodic games because I can trade them in when I'm done. I'm glad Minecraft is actually putting the option out there up front so people who like the disc version know it's available.
    Anyone getting the "disc" version of Minecraft Story Mode BEWARE!
    The disc version only contains the first episode + a download code for the rest.
    Cancelled my order when I found out.
    If that's the case, what would the point of even offering the disc be?

If you look at the cover, it specifically says "season pass disc." It looks as though the disc grants the license to the episodes, but they still have to be downloaded. Without the disc, you wouldn't have the license and couldn't play them.

EDIT: Found this on the Telltale FAQ: When you buy the Season Pass Disc version of Minecraft: Story Mode, you are purchasing access to the full season of the game. The disc contains episode one only; it grants access to download the remaining four episodes of the season from the online store of your gaming system. A broadband Internet connection is required to download episodes.
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666204,291
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 15:52
    I still don't understand why anyone is surprised by this being how it is. Since the only episode that's out is the first one it makes sense the disc would only contain the first episode.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,003,289
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 15:58
    Zorlac0666 said:I still don't understand why anyone is surprised by this being how it is. Since the only episode that's out is the first one it makes sense the disc would only contain the first episode.But it doesn't, it contains the season pass too but as the disc isn't I the wild we don't know if its a code or on disc season pass
  • Posted on 15 October 15 at 17:54
    Spilner said:Zorlac0666 said:I still don't understand why anyone is surprised by this being how it is. Since the only episode that's out is the first one it makes sense the disc would only contain the first episode.But it doesn't, it contains the season pass too but as the disc isn't I the wild we don't know if its a code or on disc season passFrom the wording in the FAQ, it sounds like the disc itself is the season pass. There is no mention anywhere of a download code being included.
  • Posted on 15 October 15 at 18:45
    KryptonicFusion said:BulgyDragonZord said:I'm just so annoyed that Kinect Nat Geo TV and Kinect Sesame Street TV have been removed. I wish this was a temporary issue but I highly doubt it. I never bought the Episodes for Kinect Sesame Street TV at all and the Clips have made me unlock some achievements which I wasn't aware of. Now I'm stuck with 125G out of 2000G : (I feel you man! It sucks that I actually started Kinect sesame street tv and got some achievements. Luckily I already completed the Nat geo but I feel bad for anyone who hasn't.speedygamers90 said:KryptonicFusion said:BulgyDragonZord said:I'm just so annoyed that Kinect Nat Geo TV and Kinect Sesame Street TV have been removed. I wish this was a temporary issue but I highly doubt it. I never bought the Episodes for Kinect Sesame Street TV at all and the Clips have made me unlock some achievements which I wasn't aware of. Now I'm stuck with 125G out of 2000G : (I feel you man! It sucks that I actually started Kinect sesame street tv and got some achievements. Luckily I already completed the Nat geo but I feel bad for anyone who hasn't.So do I, I'm going to get Kinect sesame street tv disc on Xbox 360, but I'm going to slowly finish it since I don't want people to see me play it, lol not a game I can play with 2 people. It's also not the same without it, because then it's not as enjoyable.MadMirror said:KryptonicFusion said:BulgyDragonZord said:I'm just so annoyed that Kinect Nat Geo TV and Kinect Sesame Street TV have been removed. I wish this was a temporary issue but I highly doubt it. I never bought the Episodes for Kinect Sesame Street TV at all and the Clips have made me unlock some achievements which I wasn't aware of. Now I'm stuck with 125G out of 2000G : (I feel you man! It sucks that I actually started Kinect sesame street tv and got some achievements. Luckily I already completed the Nat geo but I feel bad for anyone who hasn't.Hoping it temporary. if it comes back i expected the season 1 and 2 price drops. Not paying 40 for 1 season.Thank you guys for your thoughts regarding about the situation with Kinect Sesame Street TV and Kinect Nat Geo TV. I'll admit the truth in which I've been suffering a bit of depression due to this ordeal and I do regret not buying the stuff in time of the de-listing. Having said that XBox.com only gave 3 days notice within a weekend period and clearly this is not enough. I will still post around as I want a solution towards this outcome. Even if these games can be re-listed for a temporary basis. I'm thinking until 31st December 2015 at least.
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too1,834,160
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 23:40
    NO1KEV said:Yes but £105 for a download is a fucking piss take because its star wars! I would pay that even if princess Leia arrived at my house to give me a blow job! Just remember if ppl pay that price every dev will assume people have that much cash and will start charging that for more releases(with the season passes) who could honestly afford to spend £100 a game?! It seems like devs are pricing out alot of their customers by getting too greedy they can shove it where the sun doesnt shineHELL YES! *raises glass*
    Get Hype, Bring the Noise!
    Posted on 16 October 15 at 00:52
    Angels Kill Too said:NO1KEV said:Yes but £105 for a download is a fucking piss take because its star wars! I would pay that even if princess Leia arrived at my house to give me a blow job! Just remember if ppl pay that price every dev will assume people have that much cash and will start charging that for more releases(with the season passes) who could honestly afford to spend £100 a game?! It seems like devs are pricing out alot of their customers by getting too greedy they can shove it where the sun doesnt shineHELL YES! *raises glass*You guys have to realize it's more than just the base game in that download. You're getting access too all the content that will be released for the game's lifetime.
  • Sailor BDPSailor BDP218,962
    Posted on 16 October 15 at 02:11
    ERMAGERD! GERSBERMS!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 October 15 at 06:15
    Spilner said:NO1KEV said:Star wars £104.99?! Who the fuck would pay that much for a download?! You would have to smoking something on or some sort of medication! Absurd pricing!My guess it includes the $50 season pass so makes senseoh yeah, that price makes a lot of sense, season passes make so much sense :)
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
    Posted on 16 October 15 at 14:12
    XPhiles in IA said:Spilner said:NO1KEV said:Star wars £104.99?! Who the fuck would pay that much for a download?! You would have to smoking something on or some sort of medication! Absurd pricing!My guess it includes the $50 season pass so makes senseoh yeah, that price makes a lot of sense, season passes make so much sense :)Months of extra content for one price that's lower than if you bought the content as it came out. Yeah, that does make sense.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.