Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: October 23rd, 2015

• punkyliarpunkyliar220,645
  • SpilnerSpilner898,310
    Posted on 23 October 15 at 22:30
    Yay karaoke games laugh
  • PhantomRookPhantomRook586,652
    Posted on 23 October 15 at 22:50
    I know this is a roundup of games in the preview, retail releases and DLC. But can someone tell me I'm not going mad. I'm in the UK and when I signed in this morning there was Shocktober deals on the dashboard, it was discounts on games and horror movies. It's no longer there and I've not seen it mentioned anywhere.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,351,555
    Posted on 23 October 15 at 23:00
    PhantomRook said:I know this is a roundup of games in the preview, retail releases and DLC. But can someone tell me I'm not going mad. I'm in the UK and when I signed in this morning there was Shocktober deals on the dashboard, it was discounts on games and horror movies. It's no longer there and I've not seen it mentioned anywhere.You're half right. There is a Shocktober promotion going on. It just doesn't seem to include any sales.

http://majornelson.com/2015/10/23/shocktober-brings-xboxs-to...

Not yet anyway. Maybe MS are going more for tricks than treats this year.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Posted on 23 October 15 at 23:23
    Yay, another Free game smile
    Love playing ALL XBOX games! :) 3,680 gamerscore as of right now!
  • Posted on 23 October 15 at 23:33
    Lol, every new AAA game in Canada for Xbox One is 79.99$ compared to US 59.99$, digital or not. Jesus our dollar sucks, and to think there were periods where it was above 1 US dollar, smh.
  • KexolKexol460,791
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 00:15
    Layers of Fear is working for me. Anybody else having the same problem?
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,282,711
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 00:30
    JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:Lol, every new AAA game in Canada for Xbox One is 79.99$ compared to US 59.99$, digital or not. Jesus our dollar sucks, and to think there were periods where it was above 1 US dollar, smh.It's not just the dollar, it's the market overall. Less and less people in this smaller market (compared to the US market) are buying games upon release, especially with all the sales and price drops. They are trying to capitalize on those day1 buyers and get as much as they can from them in order to balance all the sales they will have to have in order to get the rest.

Import taxes could also play a part. Look at the prices in the UK - and then we should feel lucky?
  • Da LukinatorDa Lukinator257,542
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 00:33
    Kanchanaburi said:JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:Lol, every new AAA game in Canada for Xbox One is 79.99$ compared to US 59.99$, digital or not. Jesus our dollar sucks, and to think there were periods where it was above 1 US dollar, smh.It's not just the dollar, it's the market overall. Less and less people in this smaller market (compared to the US market) are buying games upon release, especially with all the sales and price drops. They are trying to capitalize on those day1 buyers and get as much as they can from them in order to balance all the sales they will have to have in order to get the rest.

Import taxes could also play a part. Look at the prices in the UK - and then we should feel lucky?
    Try looking at New Zealand pricing ;/
  • Posted on 24 October 15 at 01:59
    Kanchanaburi said:JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:Lol, every new AAA game in Canada for Xbox One is 79.99$ compared to US 59.99$, digital or not. Jesus our dollar sucks, and to think there were periods where it was above 1 US dollar, smh.It's not just the dollar, it's the market overall. Less and less people in this smaller market (compared to the US market) are buying games upon release, especially with all the sales and price drops. They are trying to capitalize on those day1 buyers and get as much as they can from them in order to balance all the sales they will have to have in order to get the rest.

Well 59.99$ US converted to Canadian=79$. So if that extra dollar is them trying to capitalize on day one buyers, I guess they are easily pleased lol smile.
  • ArticReaperArticReaper232,942
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 02:30
    I'm getting annoyed at games I really wanna play not been available here in Australia. Was so looking forward to getting Lays Of Fear :/
  • Posted on 24 October 15 at 02:45
    JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:Lol, every new AAA game in Canada for Xbox One is 79.99$ compared to US 59.99$, digital or not. Jesus our dollar sucks, and to think there were periods where it was above 1 US dollar, smh.It is above $1 dollar, It's $78.99 in Canadian for $59.99 in US, 1.25 times more which is a lot for US money for a new game.
    Love playing ALL XBOX games! :) 3,680 gamerscore as of right now!
  • Fox DavidsonFox Davidson154,708
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 04:21
    Kexol said:Layers of Fear is working for me. Anybody else having the same problem?I bet this is a typo, but it's still inadvertently hilarious!
  • J4me5 R0ck5J4me5 R0ck5795,634
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 07:00, Edited on 24 October 15 at 07:07 by J4me5 R0ck5
    Along with many other bad business ideas such as bundling Kinect, no day one backward compatibility, not making the storage at least 2 or 3 tb, ignoring games at your launch event favouring TV, always on and here's another issue digital store pricing. Firstly given the distribution costs are zero these titles should be under £10 not £55. Secondly Microsoft seems completely unaware of the concept of exchange rates, 1 GBP = 1.53 Dollars, thus a $60 title should be £39 not £55, this is such a blatant rip off the only explanation i can come up with is one of racism, where one country gets a good deal and the other is ripped off on the grounds of nationality and nothing else. Get a grip Microsoft this needs fixing, it shouldn't even be an issue!
  • eayragteayragt245,946
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 07:33
    Holy, you got this, or are you fed up trying to explain the difference between Publishers setting prices and Microsoft... not?
  • Free RiegnFree Riegn590,429
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 07:59
    Fox Davidson said:Kexol said:Layers of Fear is working for me. Anybody else having the same problem?I bet this is a typo, but it's still inadvertently hilarious!Lmao... that is funny bud.
    Yeah Buddy!!!
  • Pitupatu71Pitupatu71748,504
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 08:43
    Interesting Layers of Fear !!
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,384,810
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 08:52
    let's not forget that British get paid more than Americans, so you work less to earn the same game or something, so although you're paying more you have to do less to earn that money and therefore they equal a similar price, it's been explained in here before by someone who 'knows' economics.

Also does $59.99 include sales tax? or is that added on after, each State has a different tax don't they?

But New Zealand though .... RIP in peace sweet Kiwi Dollars
    250 achievements on old games for 1% increase.... soon be 90% >_<
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo268,263
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 09:06
    AU$130 for AC Syndicate? Bwahaha, not a chance Ubisoft. I won't be paying for Day 1 for any of your games and especially NOT a season pass.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • BIG P3TEBIG P3TE209,449 209,449 GamerScore
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 09:33
    Prices for Assassin's Creed Syndicate Gold Edition in this article are incorrect according to Xbox Stores prices. The US Gold Edition is not $119 USD as stated, it's $89.99. I know this as I bought the gold Edition from the US store a few weeks ago as it's a lot cheaper than the UK store. All of the other gold version prices stated are also incorrect except Japan.

Correct prices for Assassin's Creed Syndicate Gold Edition
    UK £74.99 and not £69.99
    Euro 99.99 and not 89.99
    Aus $139.95 not $130

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Assassins-Creed...
    Veteran Gamer (Started on ZX81) | Gaming Journalist | Former - Game-play.Tv | Xbox Live Ambassador
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.