Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: October 23rd, 2015

• Posted on 24 October 15 at 09:39
    ArticReaper said:I'm getting annoyed at games I really wanna play not been available here in Australia. Was so looking forward to getting Lays Of Fear :/Just change your region. Xbox one is region free. Im in the UK but have a Canadian, Hungery, Hong kong and russian wallets/accounts set up so i can get much cheaper games than uk. Very easy to do you just buy gift cards for the region you want Eg USA gift cards and then create a USA wallet/account. Im sure theres a guide on here if not google it.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead631,685
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 09:57, Edited on 24 October 15 at 10:08 by HolyHalfDead
    Got the AC Syndicate Season Pass for free by ordering from Ubishop. Also got a 20% discount for 100 Uplay points (and earned 88 points for the purchase). Free shipping from AU to NZ, and arrived on release day. :)

eayragt said:Holy, you got this, or are you fed up trying to explain the difference between Publishers setting prices and Microsoft... not?Sigh, I give up.

Captaineyecatch said:Just change your region. Xbox one is region free. Im in the UK but have a Canadian, Hungery, Hong kong and russian wallets/accounts set up so i can get much cheaper games than uk. Very easy to do you just buy gift cards for the region you want Eg USA gift cards and then create a USA wallet/account. Im sure theres a guide on here if not google it.^ This.

It really is that simple for Xbox One. And if you have Gold, you can grab the GwG from each region.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • BattleWolfLVBattleWolfLV604,760
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 10:22
    will the price for "Layers of Fear" later (when it's 100% done) be the same £10.39?
    Gamer since 1992: Elektronika BK-0010 -> NES -> SEGA Mega Drive 2 -> PC -> XBOX360 / X-ONE
  • Dexter XBADexter XBA287,264
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 11:04
    BattleWolfLV said:will the price for "Layers of Fear" later (when it's 100% done) be the same £10.39?No, it'll be more expensive. The developers announced: “We plan to gradually raise the price as we ship new content and features.”
  • SpilnerSpilner898,195
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 11:11, Edited on 24 October 15 at 11:12 by Spilner
    Dexter XBA said:BattleWolfLV said:will the price for "Layers of Fear" later (when it's 100% done) be the same £10.39?No, it'll be more expensive. The developers announced: “We plan to gradually raise the price as we ship new content and features.”Paying £10.39 now should mean you own the game regardless of their increases though, that's how I understood the program.
  • KalujoKalujo404,365
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 13:00
    ArticReaper said:I'm getting annoyed at games I really wanna play not been available here in Australia. Was so looking forward to getting Lays Of Fear :/Same here. I had Layers Of Fear on my wish list. I think we're often classed as a market too small to care about. It's aggravating. :(
  • Posted on 24 October 15 at 14:36
    when will xbox live/microsoft pull it's finger out it's ar*e and have a univesal price for all games. I live in England and ass creed syndicate is priced at £54.99 where as in U.S it's $59.99. At a rough estimate that is only about £38 so where does the other £20ish go. It is the same game after all with no extra DLC. Anyone know ??????
  • SpilnerSpilner898,195
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 14:45
    That's $59.99 minus the various state's taxes.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 October 15 at 15:29
    FailedSeppuku said:let's not forget that British get paid more than Americans, so you work less to earn the same game or something, so although you're paying more you have to do less to earn that money and therefore they equal a similar price, it's been explained in here before by someone who 'knows' economics.

Also does $59.99 include sales tax? or is that added on after, each State has a different tax don't they?

But New Zealand though .... RIP in peace sweet Kiwi Dollars
    Do they? Every single instance I've seen is that Americans only make less the more lucrative the field...

So the average American makes more than Brits.
  • Im LoganXPIm LoganXP368,425
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 15:35, Edited on 24 October 15 at 15:36 by Im LoganXP
    Spilner said:Dexter XBA said:BattleWolfLV said:will the price for "Layers of Fear" later (when it's 100% done) be the same £10.39?No, it'll be more expensive. The developers announced: “We plan to gradually raise the price as we ship new content and features.”Paying £10.39 now should mean you own the game regardless of their increases though, that's how I understood the program.That's correct.

I plan to buy it now so it's cheaper, but wait for it to be finished and have achievements before I play it.
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,403,693
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 17:20
    Layers of fear looks cool!!! .. I really don't like the caution only purchase if you don't mind the game not being finished ? Wtf I'll wait until its 5 :(
  • poochz0rzpoochz0rz249,263
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 19:54
    "Note: This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time and may not release as a final product. Please purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the game."

Early Access is coming to Xbox? :/
  • SpilnerSpilner898,195
    Posted on 24 October 15 at 20:09
    poochz0rz said:"Note: This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time and may not release as a final product. Please purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the game."

Early Access is coming to Xbox? :/
    Early access has been here some time now, they announced it in E3, think this is the 5th game now?
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,403,693
    Posted on 25 October 15 at 04:03
    Well I don't like this !
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,347,958
    Posted on 25 October 15 at 09:29, Edited on 25 October 15 at 09:29 by ChewieOnIce
    MC PHILABUSTA said:Well I don't like this !Why ever not? It's the equivalent of an open beta and allows the devs to make fixes and improvements to the game based on real players' feedback. Rather than releasing something potential unbalanced, broken or features light. What are the possible negatives?
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • CeeDaRulaCeeDaRula111,028
    Posted on 28 October 15 at 13:47
    While Layers of Fear looks cool I'm not that comfortable with:

"Note: This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time and may not release as a final product. Please purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the game."

Kind of crazy that they are willing to sell you a game with bugs instead of fixing them before release.
    Shoot em' up!!!
  • SpilnerSpilner898,195
    Posted on 28 October 15 at 13:59
    CeeDaRula said:While Layers of Fear looks cool I'm not that comfortable with:

Kind of crazy that they are willing to sell you a game with bugs instead of fixing them before release.
    That's now what they're doing, its a game in early access.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.