Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Retail Releases: Week of October 26th, 2015

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 October 15 at 13:13, Edited on 27 October 15 at 13:19 by
    Sashamorning said:Why on earth would anyone pay a store the full price of something in advance if you can just put a deposit down? It's not like they're going to turn you down if you show up with the money on the day of release.

I also prefer to preorder online. Both Amazon and BB have release day delivery, and neither requires any deposit whatsoever.

Fine, so it's paid off. Whatever. And if I change my mind beforehand, I don't have to go get my money back. They never had it in the first place.

Oh yeah, and... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-elite-wireless-co...

Look at that. Guess there isn't a shortage at launch after all. Free expedited shipping, too. BB rewards points and all that good stuff to boot.
    First off....why pay it off? Why not, I had the cash on hand at the time I pre ordered, now I walk in and out.

Second.....click your link again there bud
    ....FAIL!
    Product Availability
    Shipping: Not Available

Oh and look at this...

http://postimg.org/image/h0umykdgj/

Oh but no worries Amazon has them for $296!

laugh
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • Posted on 27 October 15 at 13:24
    N0BLE 360 said:Goggs25 said:Darksiders 2 is out in UK on the 27thSo is Halo...Games ALWAYS come out on a Tuesday in UK. Ever since the days of sonic 2... headspin
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,176,538
    Posted on 27 October 15 at 16:13
    I'm not going to quote anyone (want to avoid the page long post)...but here's my take...first of all, can't believe CI didn't find a way to get it from GameFly!! Second, paying things off early is, by no means, something to criticize. Years in advance...absolutely a stupid thing (why let someone else earn interest on your money), but for a lot of people it's easier to drop a 10 or 20 on something every payday, and have it paid off, than to try to have $150 (plus tax) on a given day. How you spend your money is your choice, whether others see it as "smart" or not.

As for the availability...of course it's "limited". First it's a "premium" item, and if it's sitting on shelves everywhere (due to a large initial shipment) it gives the impression it's not selling (i.e. not wanted, not a good accessory, etc). If it's sold out everywhere, then it looks popular and encourages more people to want it, for no other reason than they can't get one. Another factor is that it's included with the Elite console (also limited), so a chunk of those produced had to be set aside to be included. Finally...I am sure MS has an allotment of them sitting somewhere to trickle out for the Holiday season, maybe even "bundled" on the MS Store.
    Look at me so I can finish!
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n1,573,643
    Posted on 27 October 15 at 16:21
    Not a halo fan. Will give WWE 2k16 a rent and finish it and AC before Fallout 4.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 October 15 at 16:29
    Gamefly! I wish scuzzy!

Anyway so far as I can tell amazon is sold out, best buy sold out, and Walmart.com has some last time I looked.
  • Posted on 27 October 15 at 17:01
    Hayato Uchiha said:laughblueriversbeast said:CounterInsurgnt said:DONT FORGET!!! Xbox elite controller drops tomorrow! I called gamestop and they said if you didn't preorder you are screwed!

Good thing I preorderrd AND paid it all off...I'm pumped can't wait!
    Pre-ordering a controller? What a time to be alive.
    Yeah, what a time. When you're made fun of for liking something different than someone else does. Good thing we can't just be happy we're all gamers these days right?
  • Posted on 27 October 15 at 17:30
    pretty funny rolled past best buy last night 7 cars in parking lot gamestop 3 .... i would say dammm halo 5 release was EPIC
    achievements its what's for dinner
  • Posted on 27 October 15 at 18:03
    lildevilbmxer said:pretty funny rolled past best buy last night 7 cars in parking lot gamestop 3 .... i would say dammm halo 5 release was EPICWith digital downloads, and online ordering a LOT of people choose those options these days. Just because you didn't see a lot in the parking lot doesn't mean there's not a lot playing it.
  • ClockWrkPhantomClockWrkPhantom1,344,000
    Posted on 27 October 15 at 18:49
    CounterInsurgnt said:N0BLE 360 said:CounterInsurgnt said:Hayato Uchiha said:laughblueriversbeast said:CounterInsurgnt said:DONT FORGET!!! Xbox elite controller drops tomorrow! I called gamestop and they said if you didn't preorder you are screwed!

Indeed it is an amazing time! However I'd rather be born tomorrow, just imagine what these kids will grow up with technology wise.

Ahh well I'll just have to settle with my amazing Xbox elite controller.
    Think i'll wait for a few months on a price drop , and see where we lie with reliability issues

thanks for being an early adopter though.

CounterInsurgnt he's the humble bragger we never wanted or deserved , thanks again roll
    You are SO welcome! It's nice to be appreciated!
    CS you're such a troll, looks like you're Ho'in hard for those 900 some odd post for that gold badge laugh am i right? What you fail to factor in is returns and cancellations im sure like most but not all novelty products there will still be limited quantities at launch. Btw you might as well got one free for how much hype/ gushing you've on given the damn thing laugh
    Kane no1 of the 7
  • EnjojiEnjoji244,085
    Posted on 27 October 15 at 19:29
    I'll be on Halo 5 after a price drop.
  • Posted on 27 October 15 at 20:12
    So does this means Halo 5 is the next GwG?
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 October 15 at 20:49
    ClockWrkPhantom said:CounterInsurgnt said:N0BLE 360 said:CounterInsurgnt said:Hayato Uchiha said:laughblueriversbeast said:CounterInsurgnt said:DONT FORGET!!! Xbox elite controller drops tomorrow! I called gamestop and they said if you didn't preorder you are screwed!

Indeed it is an amazing time! However I'd rather be born tomorrow, just imagine what these kids will grow up with technology wise.

Ahh well I'll just have to settle with my amazing Xbox elite controller.
    Think i'll wait for a few months on a price drop , and see where we lie with reliability issues

thanks for being an early adopter though.

CounterInsurgnt he's the humble bragger we never wanted or deserved , thanks again roll
    You are SO welcome! It's nice to be appreciated!
    CS you're such a troll, looks like you're Ho'in hard for those 900 some odd post for that gold badge laugh am i right? What you fail to factor in is returns and cancellations im sure like most but not all novelty products there will still be limited quantities at launch. Btw you might as well got one free for how much hype/ gushing you've on given the damn thing laugh
    Hey hey hey its CI....I am not affiliated with counter strike! Lol.

Wait...I get a gold badge for 900 more posts...that's pretty sweet!

Free would be nice but honestly man with CoD coming out and battlefield this controller is going to ROCK rock

The customisation APP is fantastic! I turned down the led light brightness to conserve battery usuage and disabled all rumble features.

A lot of depth in that app, very nicely done by MS.
  • Posted on 27 October 15 at 20:53
    Delith said:So does this means Halo 5 is the next GwG?it just came out. What makes you even remotely think that.
  • MDArcadeMDArcade158,221
    Posted on 27 October 15 at 21:42
    CounterInsurgnt said:Sashamorning said:Why on earth would anyone pay a store the full price of something in advance if you can just put a deposit down? It's not like they're going to turn you down if you show up with the money on the day of release.

I also prefer to preorder online. Both Amazon and BB have release day delivery, and neither requires any deposit whatsoever.

Fine, so it's paid off. Whatever. And if I change my mind beforehand, I don't have to go get my money back. They never had it in the first place.

Oh yeah, and... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-elite-wireless-co...

Look at that. Guess there isn't a shortage at launch after all. Free expedited shipping, too. BB rewards points and all that good stuff to boot.
    First off....why pay it off? Why not, I had the cash on hand at the time I pre ordered, now I walk in and out.

Second.....click your link again there bud
    ....FAIL!
    Product Availability
    Shipping: Not Available

Oh and look at this...

http://postimg.org/image/h0umykdgj/

Oh but no worries Amazon has them for $296!

laugh
    As much as I hate to say it you are right about the controller. No one has them and they won't be getting any until next year.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 October 15 at 21:58
    toast

When I picked my up at 10:20am the guy said mine was the last one left, everyone else came in at midnight for it.
    TRUMP 2016!!!!….......... And I'm a Democrat.
  • Posted on 27 October 15 at 23:53
    Of all the dumb threads I've read on here...
    Category 3D SFA Referee - PSIA Freestyle Ski Coach with M.A in Politics. Random huh?
  • Strategy OneStrategy One680,635
    Posted on 28 October 15 at 07:01
    S P 4 C E Y said:Of all the dumb threads I've read on here...Rofl just what I was thinking.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 October 15 at 07:03
    Come on, this thread is entertaining!
  • Posted on 28 October 15 at 08:00
    CounterInsurgnt said:Come on, this thread is entertaining!There's a difference in entertaining and stupid. This is definitely at the point of stupid.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 October 15 at 12:29
    Stupidly fun? Lol
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.