The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: October 27th, 2015

• FiveWizzFiveWizz555,181
    Posted on 28 October 15 at 17:26
    I bought tales from space on Xbox.com earlier but can't find it on the dash to download now that I'm home? It's not in the store...
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm591,185
    Posted on 28 October 15 at 17:29
    DracoMightyena said:Is Alice Madness returns a fun game?

Also sad that Costume Quest isn't on sale. Got the second last time it was on sale, I found it quite enjoyable. People seem to say the first is better though.
    I think they're about the same. The first one is standard fare with monsters invading to steal candy. The second has an unusual twist. The villain is a dentist who has a candy phobia and creates a future where Halloween and candy are outlawed. So, although the game play is quite similar--and many may not like the repetition--the theme is original.
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo376,531
    Posted on 28 October 15 at 17:40, Edited on 28 October 15 at 17:40 by KBop a doo
    o BraveStaRr said:I bought tales from space on Xbox.com earlier but can't find it on the dash to download now that I'm home? It's not in the store...Did it put it in your download queue? Whenever I buy anything online it automatically puts it in the Downloads queue on the guide and then I just have to activate it (as opposed to going to the store and finding it then downloading it from there).
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 October 15 at 17:45
    If u not got titanfall GET IT, Great game only thing is i found negative with it was its a grind but enjoyable while u do it.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty806,014
    Posted on 28 October 15 at 17:49
    o BraveStaRr said:I bought tales from space on Xbox.com earlier but can't find it on the dash to download now that I'm home? It's not in the store...It took me ages to find it. Its under M in the store. Just got it, not fussed with anything else.
  • Free RiegnFree Riegn663,044
    Posted on 28 October 15 at 18:21
    eayragt said:Over 3 years since Costume Quest 1 was on sale :(Yup. Should have picked it up when I had the chance and I have been waiting ever since for it to go back on sale. cry
    Yeah Buddy!!!
  • Posted on 28 October 15 at 19:59
    Costume Quest 2 is 1p more expensive on the Xbox One. Unacceptable!! laugh
    "Don't tell me what I can't do!" - John Locke
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm591,185
    Posted on 28 October 15 at 21:25
    SoiledDoughnut said:Costume Quest 2 is 1p more expensive on the Xbox One. Unacceptable!! laughThat's because the 360 is the better console. smile
  • XBSAAXBSAA54,296
    Posted on 28 October 15 at 22:30
    Oh why!
    Resident Evil is the ONLY 25% OFF!
    Correct me if I'm wrong
  • Julz D 01Julz D 01601,391
    Posted on 28 October 15 at 22:43
    xPut Name Herex said:Alice Madness Returns and BloodRayne, two games I see on sale every once and a while, think to myself "maybe this time I'll get them", and then end up passing them entirely. It's a cycle laughAlice is very rarely on sale. Imo its worth getting if you have 5 dollars to spare.
  • Posted on 29 October 15 at 00:29
    I cannot recommend Dead Space enough. At that price they're nearly GIVING it away. If anyone's on the fence about it, now is the time to give it a go! It's one of my favorite 360 games of all time. Dead Island and State of Decay are also worth looking into, both are at excellent prices this week!

I bought Alice: Madness Returns last year when it went on sale (for the same price as it is now) around Halloween. I don't think it has been on sale since then. I'd recommend the game to anyone that enjoys 3D platformers. The game is by no means a perfect game--there are some repetitive things, some parts of the game just don't fit (minigames thrown into the actual gameplay to push the story along that just end up feeling awkward and out of place), some of the levels feel like they are WAYYYYYY too long, and to top it off there are a bunch of collectibles to nab to get the full completion.

All that said, it's a good game, especially at that price!! An interesting twist on a well-known fairytale. It's dark, the story is original, and it's fun. Completion-wise, I didn't find it too hard, if you are willing to shell out a few bucks you can get a DLC costume/weapons pack which buffs all weapons and stats--hard mode is a breeze if you have the DLC!
  • Posted on 29 October 15 at 01:06
    Only thing I plan on getting is Costume Quest 2,
  • Posted on 29 October 15 at 03:03
    For those who don't have Dead Space, you need to get it right now! That game was the first game I ever played that combined "action" and "horror" and after playing it I fell in love with the series. For $3.75 it's a steal! ... Looks like it's Titianfall and maybe one other game. Any recommendations?
  • FinderKeeperFinderKeeper128,232
    Posted on 29 October 15 at 05:18
    Now I've bought both Dead Space and Tales from Space based on recommendations in this thread. The price was definitely a factor as well, though... I'm allergic to discounts of less than 50%.

So add me to the (growing) list of those convinced to buy more than they intended. laugh
    "That was such über-pwnage." --Kyle Broflovski
  • MARS HEMIMARS HEMI256,338
    Posted on 29 October 15 at 05:25
    why not have Dead Space 2 dlc on sale also? Sad panda :(
    gearz
  • PsyburnsPsyburns270,033
    Posted on 29 October 15 at 06:00
    Dead Space and Evil Within for me. Can't wait for a Dead Space remastered on its 10th bday!
  • BAYTAN ONEBAYTAN ONE1,156,761
    Posted on 29 October 15 at 06:42
    Hello,

Someone can confirm me that with a code of 14 days trial for gold I can have the discount related to deal with gold?
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,049,041
    Posted on 29 October 15 at 08:27
    Pump my Evil Within ratio!
    Posted on 29 October 15 at 09:06
    NawtyCawty said:o BraveStaRr said:I bought tales from space on Xbox.com earlier but can't find it on the dash to download now that I'm home? It's not in the store...It took me ages to find it. Its under M in the store. Just got it, not fussed with anything else.Nice you were right thank you for that! Found it right where you said. although in the background it had already downloaded apparently lol.
    Posted on 29 October 15 at 09:08
    KBop a doo said:o BraveStaRr said:I bought tales from space on Xbox.com earlier but can't find it on the dash to download now that I'm home? It's not in the store...Did it put it in your download queue? Whenever I buy anything online it automatically puts it in the Downloads queue on the guide and then I just have to activate it (as opposed to going to the store and finding it then downloading it from there).You were 100% right. It was never in my download queue (as far as I was aware) so I got confused but it must have downloaded so quickly that I didn't even manage to catch it in there. It was right there in my games all along beginning with M
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.