Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games With Gold Announced for November

• YODA12320YODA123201,925,277
    Posted on 01 November 15 at 03:06
    Twinkling82 said:Last question regarding Dirt 3 - is the gwg version granting the VIP/Online pass though?Nope $37+tax for a free game lol.
    Regards; Yoda12320
  • EnjojiEnjoji242,508
    Posted on 01 November 15 at 06:05
    Great month ahead! clap
  • ElyohElyoh911,975
    Posted on 01 November 15 at 06:10
    YODA12320 said:Twinkling82 said:Last question regarding Dirt 3 - is the gwg version granting the VIP/Online pass though?Nope $37+tax for a free game lol.Really? I can't say with certainty here, but I can't think of a single game that doesn't come with the online pass when you buy the digital version. The point of those passes was to try to make money from second hand purchases, not sell the online as DLC.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 01 November 15 at 09:55
    Elyoh said:YODA12320 said:Twinkling82 said:Last question regarding Dirt 3 - is the gwg version granting the VIP/Online pass though?Nope $37+tax for a free game lol.Really? I can't say with certainty here, but I can't think of a single game that doesn't come with the online pass when you buy the digital version. The point of those passes was to try to make money from second hand purchases, not sell the online as DLC.I just downloaded gwg version and it says I have to purchase the vip pass for online access :/
  • Posted on 01 November 15 at 10:36
    Does anyone know, do i need to own a 360 to get the benefits of the backward compatability? or should i just be able to download those titles directly to my xbone?
  • YaziteYazite422,446
    Posted on 01 November 15 at 10:38, Edited on 01 November 15 at 10:41 by Yazite
    Dowchickabow said:Does anyone know, do i need to own a 360 to get the benefits of the backward compatability? or should i just be able to download those titles directly to my xbone?You need to own the games. That's all. Obviously some XBLA titles can be downloaded from the 360 store which may help.
    Steam ID: Yazz
  • Posted on 01 November 15 at 10:52
    Looking forward to the G4Gs on the ONE laugh
  • MehanizamMehanizam348,976
    Posted on 01 November 15 at 11:20, Edited on 01 November 15 at 11:34 by Mehanizam
    Dirt 3 is a SCAM.
    It comes WITHOUT the VIP pass which you have to buy for extra 9,99€ to be able to play online...to play online!!!!!!!!
    There is no season pass aswell so in order to complete the game you have to spend another 20+€ for the 4 DLCs.
  • matdanmatdan796,002
    Posted on 01 November 15 at 11:34
    Mehanizam said:Dirt 3 is a SCAM.
    It comes WITHOUT the VIP pass which you have to buy for extra 9,99€ to be able to play online...to play online!!!!!!!!
    There is no season pass aswell so in order to complete the game you have to spend another 20+€ for the 4 DLCs.
    Wow, I thought it was a poor deal but even worse now. I continue my boycott of Codemaster racing games, I have yet to play. Cheaper to get the complete edition.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
    Posted on 01 November 15 at 11:58
    Its like i downloaded a "used copy" of the game since every new copy contains the VIP pass LOL
  • Posted on 01 November 15 at 12:06
    HEY WHAT THE HELL? I bought that game last year digitally from the marketplace using my other account and it came with the VIP Pass, so now I got it from the Games With Gold from my new account and no VIP Pass? Oh well! It's a great single player game regardless. But I will contact Codemasters about it, and I suggest you doing the same.
    Posted on 01 November 15 at 12:11
    DeadlyName0 said:HEY WHAT THE HELL? I bought that game last year digitally from the marketplace using my other account and it came with the VIP Pass, so now I got it from the Games With Gold from my new account and no VIP Pass? Oh well! It's a great single player game regardless. But I will contact Codemasters about it, and I suggest you doing the same.Where do you contact them?
    Phone?
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64288,908
    Posted on 01 November 15 at 12:20
    so basically, a lot of Dirt 3 achievements won't be obtainable unless you pay extra?
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
    Posted on 01 November 15 at 12:25
    Phoenix C64 said:so basically, a lot of Dirt 3 achievements won't be obtainable unless you pay extra?Yes,all online related achievemnts cant be obtained unless you spend extra money.
  • Posted on 01 November 15 at 12:26
    Mehanizam said:DeadlyName0 said:HEY WHAT THE HELL? I bought that game last year digitally from the marketplace using my other account and it came with the VIP Pass, so now I got it from the Games With Gold from my new account and no VIP Pass? Oh well! It's a great single player game regardless. But I will contact Codemasters about it, and I suggest you doing the same.Where do you contact them?
    Phone?
    Phone or emailing to them. But calling them it will be direct response I guess. So the best option is calling them for more info!

http://www.codemasters.com/contact-us/

Please let us know here what happened and also tell them that I contacted to Microsoft and they will check it out too.

Anyways, I reported the issue to Microsoft and they put it on urgent status it will be sureply checked. I have also sent an email to Codemasters Support so they can check it to from their end as well. There is a mistake on their end and I know it.
  • Posted on 01 November 15 at 12:28
    Mehanizam said:Dirt 3 is a SCAM.
    Thanks - this was what I was afraid of. Easy to give away an old game and earn money on the add-ons.

Phoenix C64 said:so basically, a lot of Dirt 3 achievements won't be obtainable unless you pay extra?Yeah.

I will be contacting Codemasters about this, asking them to look into it.
    So trying to get gamingirl.com back on track and active. Be sure to jump by and check it out!
  • Posted on 01 November 15 at 12:32
    Twinkling82 said:Mehanizam said:Dirt 3 is a SCAM.
    Thanks - this was what I was afraid of. Easy to give away an old game and earn money on the add-ons.

Phoenix C64 said:so basically, a lot of Dirt 3 achievements won't be obtainable unless you pay extra?You better phone them ad let us know.

I created a thread here on the game's page so it would be nice to get the conversation there, it would be more helpful for those infected.

Yeah.

I will be contacting Codemasters about this, asking them to look into it.
    Posted on 01 November 15 at 12:35
    I wrote an email to codemasters...thanks DeadlyName0
  • Posted on 01 November 15 at 12:40
    Mehanizam said:I wrote an email to codemasters...thanks DeadlyName0No problem, but it would have been better to phone them as you would get a direct answer from them. Now we gonna have to wait more than a week for a response on email.
    I couldn't phone them myself, because of the ridiculous charges here in my country.
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64288,908
    Posted on 01 November 15 at 12:41
    DeadlyName0 said:I couldn't phone them myself, because of the ridiculous charges here in my country.and even if you could... you do realize it's sunday, right?
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.