Game Discussion: Gears of War 3 Forum

Stats reset

AuthorMessage
Fanta Morgana
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 01 March 19 at 18:05, Edited on 01 March 19 at 18:06 by Fanta Morgana
My stats were reset a couple days ago. Fortunately in the cloud settings I could state that I have played on a different Xbox last and it downloaded my progress from a point, where I was around christmas, when I played the game on an old Xbox 360 at my parents house. So even though I lost quite a bit of progress I'm not back to square 1.

In my current set up, I don't have a 360 hooked up. Any chance to create a backup when you're exclusively playing on Xbox one?
If push comes to shove, I'll set up the 360 every other week and back up my data there but if there is a way to backup data on the Xbox one, I'll like to do it.
KontoGR
KontoGR
Posted on 27 March 19 at 17:11
Try to do the "transfer stats" , to another account. That's what I was doing after I got reset the second time. Look it up on YouTube, it's very easy to do.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 27 March 19 at 20:23
KontoGR said:
Try to do the "transfer stats" , to another account. That's what I was doing after I got reset the second time. Look it up on YouTube, it's very easy to do.
If you're talking about what I think you are, that is 100% against Microsoft's TOS, and TrueAchievements' if you're unlocking achievements with it.
#mentallypudding
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 28 March 19 at 13:15
Hmm, isn't the point of cloud storage so that you don't have to back it up? This worries me, if I can ever be motivated to fire up Gears 3 again.
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 11 April 19 at 12:09
Moldy Tacos5000 said:
Hmm, isn't the point of cloud storage so that you don't have to back it up? This worries me, if I can ever be motivated to fire up Gears 3 again.
It's not as reliable as simply using a USB Thumbdrive and making periodical backups after important progress is made.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.