Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three New Xbox One Experience Videos

AuthorMessage
DamnSilly
DamnSilly
Posted on 04 November 15 at 12:49
Major Nelson and Richard Irving show off what's on the way

Please click here to read the story: Three New Xbox One Experience Videos
IllustriousYeti
Posted on 04 November 15 at 12:56, Edited on 04 November 15 at 12:58 by IllustriousYeti
Pleease microsoft don't spam us with updates every 2-3 days when everyone gets it, i'm tired of being kicked out of games with friends.
Most of the bugs seem to be fixed now, I still opted out because i don't like to be kicked out of what i'm doing. It should at least wait until you're done with the game, asking with an option to decline until later would be nice too.
Being able to see who's in friends parties before joining is needed. Not sure if not being able to buy things and access settings if you have a passcode set up has been fixed too, i'd appreciate an answer to that.
AndyGover
AndyGover
Posted on 04 November 15 at 13:15
where has the insert disc tile gone!!!!!
Its Just Rave
Its Just Rave
Posted on 04 November 15 at 13:19
AndyGover said:where has the insert disc tile gone!!!!!It's just above your pins.
scotwolf2
scotwolf2
Posted on 04 November 15 at 13:20
I like the new dash and yes like many I've had problems during the beta but that was to be expected.
Most seem to have been resolved and its working far better. Maybe a staggered launch might have been better as I'm a little wary there will be some bugs and problems. But again maybe that's to be expected with anything like this and they will update to get rid of any niggling bugs.
I'm sure most people will enjoy the new dash, it doesn't take long to get used to
B3CKER
B3CKER
Posted on 04 November 15 at 13:29
So instead of scrolling left- right we now move up and down. Great change guys!! Great change.
Zcrisis2
Zcrisis2
Posted on 04 November 15 at 13:34
It has a much fresher and faster feel to it. A few nice little tweaks and as soon as Cortana is up and running properly the use of Kinect will be so much better.
Phoenix C64
Phoenix C64
Posted on 04 November 15 at 13:39
i am on preview program and got rid of this preview because it still feels slow and sluggish, it feels stupid that you have to snap on one side, menu on the opposite and whatnot....

and then this, a gripe i have since DAY ONE

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/253802-home-settings/sugge...
Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
AndyGover
AndyGover
Posted on 04 November 15 at 13:47
Its Just Rave said:AndyGover said:where has the insert disc tile gone!!!!!It's just above your pins.Thanks, I couldn't see it for looking.

I like the new update but will take some time to get used to.
Wumbo Woody
Wumbo Woody
Posted on 04 November 15 at 13:53
I have liked every single dashboard update to the xbox 360...i believe there were ~5 big ones and enjoyed the starting dashboard on the one but man do i hate this one with a passion and so does everyone i talk to on a daily basis on xbox. The layout and flow of this is just absolutely terrible along with how they dealt with the hierarchy of some things over others..but i guess its just all personal preference...alot of people here seem to like it.
NatBat
NatBat
Posted on 04 November 15 at 14:13
I hope it doesn't force me to update to this on November 12th - I need to maximise time spent within Fallout 4 for the first few days and don't want to wait for this to install!
FeedMeHumans
FeedMeHumans
Posted on 04 November 15 at 14:17
It takes getting used to. Scrolling up and down for your games and apps I do like better, then I scroll right for things I hardly if ever use, so when I get to the home screen on start, I'm basically just scrolling up and down only. Guide being on the left doesn't bother me much. I feel like it's much more convenient to push left on the homescreen and everything is there in the sidebar. It becomes much more intuitive. Like I said, takes getting used to but I wouldn't go back to the old dashboard after using this for a month.
60% of the time, it works everytime.
IllustriousYeti
Posted on 04 November 15 at 14:24, Edited on 04 November 15 at 14:25 by IllustriousYeti
NatBat said:I hope it doesn't force me to update to this on November 12th - I need to maximise time spent within Fallout 4 for the first few days and don't want to wait for this to install!Sadly we're forced to download every important update as soon as it's available, that won't ever change.
Hopefully it's not a big update.
Goots 88
Goots 88
Posted on 04 November 15 at 14:31
gamerscore doesn't update. Also saw someone post, where to install a new game disc, took me forever to find, and i thought the snap was now supposed to be on the left side???
GT: Goots 88
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 04 November 15 at 14:36
Snapping was inexplicably made more complex and not nearly as easy to manage in this update. Pins are also far less convenient in this update, especially if (like me), you use your smartphone to controller the console/TV a lot instead of a controller. Hopefully they will update the Smartglass app to reflect that. Other that that, it has been an ok update.
Skanker irl
Skanker irl
Posted on 04 November 15 at 14:48
The new dashboard took a day to get used to, but I really enjoy it now. Very efficient if you are using the shortcuts.
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 04 November 15 at 15:16
As long as they change the marketplace so its not flooded with shitty Rock Band or Just Dance DLC then I couldn't care less about anything else.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 04 November 15 at 16:42
Am I an idiot, or did they take away the "snap whatever you snapped last" feature? The only thing I ever snap is achievements, and now I have to go into the app choices and scroll to achievements every time, which is several clicks more than simply selecting the one I had used last like I did with the old guide.
OZRIC DUB
OZRIC DUB
Posted on 04 November 15 at 16:52
Anyone know where "challenges" are? I don't think they have bothered with them. The only way I can see active "challenges " is on my smart glass app. Unfortunately I bet they change the smart glass app too in the future. Anyone have any information on this? Thanks
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 04 November 15 at 16:58
I absolutely hate this new dashboard. It's so much more inconvenient in so many ways. Plus the achievement app sucks now, it can only be snapped, you can't view it full screen with the box art like you could before. Oh and also, any game you have ever booted up appears on your achievement list, even if you have no achievements in it, which is pure BULLSHIT. It even shows betas on the achievement list. WHY?

The worst part is that it shows games on my list that I NEVER EVEN BOOTED UP. PvZ Garden Warfare, Titanfall, EA Sports UFC, and NBA 2K15 were all game I downloaded during special free events, but never played and ended up just deleting. Yet they still show up on my achievement list, with 0 achievements, and me with no way to delete them.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.