Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three New Xbox One Experience Videos

AuthorMessage
Musikfreak007
Musikfreak007
Posted on 04 November 15 at 17:42
xPut Name Herex said: Pins are also far less convenient in this update, especially if (like me), you use your smartphone to controller the console/TV a lot instead of a controller. Hopefully they will update the Smartglass app to reflect that. Other that that, it has been an ok update.I agree that a Smartglass update would benefit the experience greatly. The pins are bad since they are still only one button away (use the right trigger to auto-scroll to pins). I have had a harder time arranging pins since the UI in smartglass mobile has them in 3 columns instead of the new spread-out look. Hopefully an update will drop before the end of the year.

I got the new OS two nights ago and I do believe it is faster. I haven't memorized all the short cuts yet, so it's hard to have a fair opinion right off the bat.
Marcos Aspira
Marcos Aspira
Posted on 04 November 15 at 17:54, Edited on 04 November 15 at 17:55 by Marcos Aspira
Dark Death 90 said:...It even shows betas on the achievement list. WHY?...Yeah, Betas really suck to be seen, but I remember when I got BF Hardline Beta back on 360 and it appeared on my WP's Xbox app as well, so it's not like a proper problem from the new dashboard.
Forever damned to not complete Worms 2 Armageddon... T_T
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 04 November 15 at 18:04
Marcos Aspira said:Dark Death 90 said:...It even shows betas on the achievement list. WHY?...Yeah, Betas really suck to be seen, but I remember when I got BF Hardline Beta back on 360 and it appeared on my WP's Xbox app as well, so it's not like a proper problem from the new dashboard.It deleted my betas after awhile... for example my Gears of War UE one is no longer visible when it used to say 0/0 or something of that nature.

I do not mind it showing up as long as it does not affect completion percentage. Are games with 0 gamerscore able to deleted from history (like Xbox 360)?
Marcos Aspira
Marcos Aspira
Posted on 04 November 15 at 18:10, Edited on 04 November 15 at 18:10 by Marcos Aspira
KBop a doo said:Marcos Aspira said:Dark Death 90 said:...It even shows betas on the achievement list. WHY?...Yeah, Betas really suck to be seen, but I remember when I got BF Hardline Beta back on 360 and it appeared on my WP's Xbox app as well, so it's not like a proper problem from the new dashboard.It deleted my betas after awhile... for example my Gears of War UE one is no longer visible when it used to say 0/0 or something of that nature.

I do not mind it showing up as long as it does not affect completion percentage. Are games with 0 gamerscore able to deleted from history (like Xbox 360)?
I can't say for sure, I hope it's still possible.
Forever damned to not complete Worms 2 Armageddon... T_T
The Celldweller
Posted on 04 November 15 at 18:15, Edited on 04 November 15 at 18:28 by The Celldweller
Phoenix C64 said:i am on preview program and got rid of this preview because it still feels slow and sluggish.When did you remove the new dashboard? It was initially sluggish for me too, but after another update, it sped up and now it's definitely faster than the previous dashboard.

Dark Death 90 said:Plus the achievement app sucks now, it can only be snapped, you can't view it full screen with the box art like you could before.Yes, you can. When I snapped my achievements from My Games an Apps, there is an option at the bottom to "Go Full Screen."

Dark Death 90 said:The worst part is that it shows games on my list that I NEVER EVEN BOOTED UP. PvZ Garden Warfare, Titanfall, EA Sports UFC, and NBA 2K15 were all game I downloaded during special free events, but never played and ended up just deleting. Yet they still show up on my achievement list, with 0 achievements, and me with no way to delete them.This one sucks, but I will be very surprised if it doesn't get fixed down the road. I'm pretty sure they made a big deal about deleting games from your card if you hadn't earned any achievements in them, back when they added this feature on the 360.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 04 November 15 at 18:19, Edited on 04 November 15 at 18:20 by KBop a doo
The Celldweller said:Dark Death 90 said:The worst part is that it shows games on my list that I NEVER EVEN BOOTED UP. PvZ Garden Warfare, Titanfall, EA Sports UFC, and NBA 2K15 were all game I downloaded during special free events, but never played and ended up just deleting. Yet they still show up on my achievement list, with 0 achievements, and me with no way to delete them.This one sucks, but I will be very surprised if it doesn't get fixed down the road. I'm pretty sure they made a big deal about deleting games from you card if you hadn't earned any achievements in them, back when they added this feature on the 360.Honestly, anyone experiencing this, I would report it as a bug. I have dozens of games I've never played in my XB1 library and this has not happened to me with the new dash. If a game you never played (and don't even own, in the case of the free events) is showing up in your history, that just sounds like an unintended bug IMO.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 04 November 15 at 19:00
anyone know if the explorer app is better or is it still crap
Goggs25
GMN
GMN
Posted on 04 November 15 at 19:11
IllustriousYeti said:Pleease microsoft don't spam us with updates every 2-3 days when everyone gets it, i'm tired of being kicked out of games with friends.
Most of the bugs seem to be fixed now, I still opted out because i don't like to be kicked out of what i'm doing. It should at least wait until you're done with the game, asking with an option to decline until later would be nice too.
Being able to see who's in friends parties before joining is needed. Not sure if not being able to buy things and access settings if you have a passcode set up has been fixed too, i'd appreciate an answer to that.
or you could just turn on auto updates/downloads....
GMN
GMN
Posted on 04 November 15 at 19:11
Goggs25 said:anyone know if the explorer app is better or is it still crapno such thing it's called Edge
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 04 November 15 at 19:18
come on. I watched these as a single video. LOL. Making the article longer by dividing up the video!
FuzzedUpCookie
Posted on 04 November 15 at 19:36
Cobra Strike x said:So instead of scrolling left- right we now move up and down. Great change guys!! Great change.the sarcasm is strong in this one! laugh
Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
FuzzedUpCookie
Posted on 04 November 15 at 19:37
N0BLE 360 said:Goggs25 said:anyone know if the explorer app is better or is it still crapno such thing it's called Edgethat's basicly still IE but in disguise :P
Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
Antr0p0phagus
Antr0p0phagus
Posted on 04 November 15 at 20:10
Phoenix C64 said:i am on preview program and got rid of this preview because it still feels slow and sluggish, it feels stupid that you have to snap on one side, menu on the opposite and whatnot....

and then this, a gripe i have since DAY ONE

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/253802-home-settings/sugge...
I absolutely hate that they just ignore this, and it's hard to understand why they don't just change it...
Its Uncle Kev
Its Uncle Kev
Posted on 04 November 15 at 20:17
Nope this is a terrible dash update. Somethings may run faster now while on the dash but that doesn't save it from the bullshit from everything else.

You can't see who's in a party before joining, the profiles look like utter shit. You can no longer look at what people are playing and look at their achievement in the game unless you compare games and you too have played it from what I saw. The feed is ridiculous and the scrolling is dumb as fuck. I'm tired of going down to look at stuff and then having to scroll all the way to be top to fucking change tabs. (Except the feed, they do have the go to top button which was nice).

The marketplace is kinda cluttered and shitty. I feel like they made more tabs when they said they would minimize it to maximize the dash feel. Also side tab to sign in and to go into party details and all the other side panels is foolish.

How can anyone really prefer this one over the old dash? If you exclude the speed of what's being processed, I honestly don't find one useful thing with the update. I'm never going to get use to it because well, I mentioned it a lot, it blows
Kontonno
Kontonno
Posted on 04 November 15 at 20:20
I'm part of the preview program and this new dashboard feels like a lot of the same but added confusion of having to relearn where everything is. Microsoft seems to have this problem a lot, they change what works and it irritates people.

They did it with Windows 7 to Windows 8. They did it twice with the Xbox 360 dashboard. They do it with their internet browser and other software.

I think this comes from Microsoft's high turn-over rate. Too many cooks in their kitchen and the chef keeps leaving.
Chakaal Starr
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 04 November 15 at 21:03
Kontonno said:I'm part of the preview program and this new dashboard feels like a lot of the same but added confusion of having to relearn where everything is. Microsoft seems to have this problem a lot, they change what works and it irritates people.

They did it with Windows 7 to Windows 8. They did it twice with the Xbox 360 dashboard. They do it with their internet browser and other software.

I think this comes from Microsoft's high turn-over rate. Too many cooks in their kitchen and the chef keeps leaving.
I am curious where you get this high turn rate statistic? Amazon and Google have a fairly low median tenure, but I don't see Microsoft on the charts at all as being high enough to be considered as high-turn over.

Recently, they did shake things up a bit because of how the launch went, but most of the management that left were for there for years. Even 'E' who just announced he is leaving xbox was there almost 15 years. Phil Spencer, the current guy in charge at Xbox, only career jobs have been with Microsoft. That doesn't scream high turnover to me.

Antr0p0phagus said:Phoenix C64 said:i am on preview program and got rid of this preview because it still feels slow and sluggish, it feels stupid that you have to snap on one side, menu on the opposite and whatnot....

and then this, a gripe i have since DAY ONE

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/253802-home-settings/sugge...
I absolutely hate that they just ignore this, and it's hard to understand why they don't just change it...
Is it really ignoring or is it something that is difficult to incorporate smoothly and might take a fair amount of time? It doesn't exactly have a ton of votes compared to other things, but I think there is just probably just more involved. Keep in mind that means voice commands and everything has to put in properly because people would scream louder if they there if they did half assed job. Even when you compare the Canadian dashboard to the American dashboard, they update things like notices for gold games independently(maybe because they would be doing French and English for the two official languages?). I usually wind up searching for the gold games because they don't have a link for a few days in Canada.

Now, you are asking them to add all these different languages, so to me it sounds like they would need to prep up a different approach, while keeping things oriented towards that country. This is part of the reason Cortana isn't in many countries yet for Windows 10, because they had to orient it for that countries culture and interests because they aren't Americans. Anyway, I suspect if it was easy they probably would have done it because it would great bullet point for the console.
Stevie Boi ENG
Posted on 04 November 15 at 21:07
I had an update yesterday that was just over 1GB n its looking like this, I haven't signed up for the preview program.

Is this like a pre update-update or something I'm confused?
planting42
planting42
Posted on 04 November 15 at 22:13
xPut Name Herex said:Snapping was inexplicably made more complex and not nearly as easy to manage in this update. Pins are also far less convenient in this update, especially if (like me), you use your smartphone to controller the console/TV a lot instead of a controller. Hopefully they will update the Smartglass app to reflect that. Other that that, it has been an ok update.Agreed, snapping is my biggest annoyance sans Kinect... well that and toggling offline and back online to fix the half-connection issues it seems to have.
http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2015.htm
B1SK3TS N GR4VY
Posted on 04 November 15 at 22:15
I am just ready for this to come out, backwards compatibility is going to be sweet. Plus I think this UI is going to be a lot more controller friendly.
AG Bucky Barnes
Posted on 04 November 15 at 22:35
IllustriousYeti said:Pleease microsoft don't spam us with updates every 2-3 days when everyone gets it, i'm tired of being kicked out of games with friends.
Most of the bugs seem to be fixed now, I still opted out because i don't like to be kicked out of what i'm doing. It should at least wait until you're done with the game, asking with an option to decline until later would be nice too.
Being able to see who's in friends parties before joining is needed. Not sure if not being able to buy things and access settings if you have a passcode set up has been fixed too, i'd appreciate an answer to that.
A) If you haven't already, post your concerns on the feedback "voice" website. Not going to get anything done here; once it's up post up the idea around and push for it to get voted on.

B) Turn off power saving for updates whilst playing games. Had power saving on since day one and it's only ever kicked me off a game twice.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.