Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three New Xbox One Experience Videos

AuthorMessage
DutRank
DutRank
Posted on 05 November 15 at 02:07
NawtyCawty said:As long as they change the marketplace so its not flooded with shitty Rock Band or Just Dance DLC then I couldn't care less about anything else.And preorder DLC that isn't even fucking out for another 2 months.
StarlinX
StarlinX
Posted on 05 November 15 at 02:18, Edited on 05 November 15 at 02:20 by StarlinX
NatBat said:I hope it doesn't force me to update to this on November 12th - I need to maximise time spent within Fallout 4 for the first few days and don't want to wait for this to install!Thankfully I'll be playing the new Starcraft release when this goes live.

DutRank said:NawtyCawty said:As long as they change the marketplace so its not flooded with shitty Rock Band or Just Dance DLC then I couldn't care less about anything else.And preorder DLC that isn't even fucking out for another 2 months.And BROKEN suggestions just to push sales and marketing.

"Rugby 15 - Based on Destiny Beta, The LEGO Movie Videogame."

Really MS???? You suggested that based on those...
GreatDayne 314
Posted on 05 November 15 at 02:37
I could really care less about if the pins are on the left side or the scrolling up and down or any other useless thing in this update that's going to take me like 4 hours to install because of my slow internet. The fact that Fallot 4 comes out 2 days before the update and I'm going to want to play it doesn't help either.
Silvery Death
Silvery Death
Posted on 05 November 15 at 04:29, Edited on 05 November 15 at 04:30 by Silvery Death
The new dash is not that bad one I got used to it and they fixed some problems with updates. Still not a fan of them neutering upload so much in terms of searching and organizing. The most annoying thing is that it still shows the Destiny Beta at 0G under my achievements which is really annoying.
Check out my Youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCom3yzbUaMRPgeHVhLlPvjw
IllustriousYeti
Posted on 05 November 15 at 05:47, Edited on 05 November 15 at 05:53 by IllustriousYeti
N0BLE 360 said:IllustriousYeti said:Pleease microsoft don't spam us with updates every 2-3 days when everyone gets it, i'm tired of being kicked out of games with friends.
Most of the bugs seem to be fixed now, I still opted out because i don't like to be kicked out of what i'm doing. It should at least wait until you're done with the game, asking with an option to decline until later would be nice too.
Being able to see who's in friends parties before joining is needed. Not sure if not being able to buy things and access settings if you have a passcode set up has been fixed too, i'd appreciate an answer to that.
or you could just turn on auto updates/downloads....
It is on, these updates *first* appear when i'm in the middle of playing so it wouldn't be making it any less annoying anyway. I know this because many times i wasn't prompted to update immediately after turning on the console during that session. I often check for updates on the settings menu too. If you're referring to instant on mode, i'm not having my console on all the time.
Im Not The Pro
Posted on 05 November 15 at 06:37
I wish they would file game variations into the actual game pages. When I click into "New Releases" I don't want to see Forza Motorsport 6, right alongside Forza Motorsport 6 Deluxe Edition and Forza Motorsport 6 Pre-Order. Only base games should be exposed in the marketplace, with variations and bundles accessible within the games marketplace page itself.

Game bundles that just contain two or more separate games in some kind of deal and bargain, like the PopCap and Outlast bundles, should be filed into each game page contained in the games included, and maybe even a new marketplace section called "Bundles" or something.

Honestly, these are the problems that have been bugging me the most with the Xbox One interface.
Phoenix C64
Phoenix C64
Posted on 05 November 15 at 07:07, Edited on 05 November 15 at 07:09 by Phoenix C64
Chakaal Starr said:Phoenix C64 said:and then this, a gripe i have since DAY ONE

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/253802-home-settings/sugge...
Is it really ignoring or is it something that is difficult to incorporate smoothly and might take a fair amount of time? It doesn't exactly have a ton of votes compared to other things,
what are you talking about? it has 6,940 votes and is the 5th most voted thing in the "home & settings" category
Keep in mind that means voice commands and everything has to put in properly because people would scream louder if they there if they did half assed job.
you obviously didn't even care to read the request properly
it doesn't affect voice commands whatsoever, because all the languages are already there. m$ just decided to region lock them to countries, which doesn't make ANY sense at all.
Now, you are asking them to add all these different languages,again, you obviously have either not read or not understand what people is asking in that post.
we're not asking more languages. the languages are already there.
we're asking to not region lock languages.

reasons:
- because in x360 languages werent region locked
- because not everyone who owns a xbox one lives in their home-country but want to have the console in their language
- because people live in non-english speaking countries but still want to have their games and dashboard in english
- because due region locking languages, if you DO change language and region, marketplace, tv guide and a lot of other things stop working properly
Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
RaDimarzio
RaDimarzio
Posted on 05 November 15 at 10:21
Hope they update everything and handle some screens that need some updates too, as the my games and apps, for example.

It's a pity the leaderboard is completely gone, i used to check that a lot.

I was hoping the in game call for the side bar was going to be way faster than it actually is. Even after so many updates they still couldn't make it really fast and natural.
U call the side bar, keep controlling the game and hoping for the side bar appears, u realize the bar is opening because u stop controlling the game and... voilá, there it is.
Of course once you opened it for the first time u comes faster later, but it still don't fell natural as other plataforms as steam or even the horrible ps4 dashboard (that actually is very solid and precise though).

Hope that everything goes smoother on the final version, but even though the new experience has a really beautiful store, the main page looks under development and has some work to do.
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 05 November 15 at 10:57
I agree with you there I miss the leaderboard too. That was great for inducing competitiveness.

And Yeah I doubly agree with you on this friends/msgs/achievements side dash on the left it's so painfully slow it needs to be instant otherwise there's been no improvement. If it's instant I can be down with it.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 05 November 15 at 16:04
RaDimarzio said:It's a pity the leaderboard is completely gone, i used to check that a lot.
Don't worry about the leaderboard. Major Nelson confirmed that was coming back, it was just overlooked in the preview.
Knoell
Knoell
Posted on 05 November 15 at 21:43
GreatDayne 314 said:I could really care less about if the pins are on the left side or the scrolling up and down or any other useless thing in this update that's going to take me like 4 hours to install because of my slow internet. The fact that Fallot 4 comes out 2 days before the update and I'm going to want to play it doesn't help either.Not sure if you are in the preview program, but once you get used to it, it is very clear that this dashboard is optimized for speed, and accessibility.
Knoell
CrossJack81
CrossJack81
Posted on 06 November 15 at 03:01
Looks alright,only problem i have with the current dash is the way the achievements are displayed and the way the tracker sometimes show previous achievement lists on the snap screen even when playing something else.Preferred the achievements layout on the 360 and the way it used to show all your completed games on one screen rather than scrolling through them one by one.
iTiiDuS iNc
iTiiDuS iNc
Posted on 06 November 15 at 08:51
Looks way better then the Trashboard we have now. Not a single one of my friends liked it, everyone was disappointed. First look is good.
Chakaal Starr
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 06 November 15 at 21:02
Phoenix C64 said:what are you talking about? it has 6,940 votes and is the 5th most voted thing in the "home & settings" category
7000 for an issue that was posted ages ago isn't a ton of votes from a community of millions.

I guess now that a lot of the similarly aged bigger voted issues have been incorporated, it might be one of the higher 'leftovers' in its category but that still doesn't make it qualify as having a ton of votes.

What did backwards compatibility have before it was incorporated? Many of the backwards compatible titles have 80 to 100 thousand votes. So tell me again how 7 thousand votes is high?

Phoenix C64 said:Chakaal Starr said:Keep in mind that means voice commands and everything has to put in properly because people would scream louder if they there if they did half assed job.
you obviously didn't even care to read the request properly
it doesn't affect voice commands whatsoever, because all the languages are already there. m$ just decided to region lock them to countries, which doesn't make ANY sense at all.
Obviously you are an expert on their internal infrastructure and procedures because you seem to know everything. I read the request properly. I responded that there is probably more to it than hitting a language switch because if they are going to do it, they might as well get it right.

The request may ask just for you to be able to change your console language to Spanish etc, but the next question will be why didn't they enable Kinect to accept Spanish when they enabled it, and the question after will be why are half the ads and tiles and apps still not in Spanish?

Many languages have different dialects as well, which why some countries were slow in getting the consoles in the first place. So if a French speaking person lived in Mexico, which French do they want, Canadian French, France, or another dialect?

Phoenix C64 said:again, you obviously have either not read or not understand what people is asking in that post.
we're not asking more languages. the languages are already there.
we're asking to not region lock languages.

reasons:
- because in x360 languages werent region locked
- because not everyone who owns a xbox one lives in their home-country but want to have the console in their language
- because people live in non-english speaking countries but still want to have their games and dashboard in english
- because due region locking languages, if you DO change language and region, marketplace, tv guide and a lot of other things stop working properly
If you didn't notice, the x360 is not the same console. It isn't even designed the same way. While it potentially might be easier for them to open up English in non English regions, the actual feedback isn't asking for that, so maybe I read it closer than you did.

I live in country that has two official languages, and hundreds of other languages and dialects within it.

I understand that there many people who live in Canada that do not speak English or French. My new Canadian friend Sergei would love for his xbox to be in Russian, but if MS does a half assed job, then he would have Russian menus and the tv guide would be still be in English, Kinect would still be in English, Tim Horton's ads and regional informational videos would still be in English, the games could still be in English etc. My whole point was if it was easy, they would have done it for the bullet point 'yes we listen to user suggestions and listened to this language suggestion'
Phoenix C64
Phoenix C64
Posted on 06 November 15 at 21:10, Edited on 06 November 15 at 22:14 by Phoenix C64
Chakaal Starr said:bla bla bla
come back when you actually have a clue what you're talking about. not worth replying anything from your post TBH
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 06 November 15 at 21:39
I think Phoenix lost this argument.
Phoenix C64
Phoenix C64
Posted on 06 November 15 at 22:14
Eurydace said:I think Phoenix lost this argument.there was no argument to start with. just me stating facts and Chakaal Starr talking like he actually had a clue, when he don't.

but yeah, my previous post might come along wrong, so i'll make it short, so people like him can actually understand it...
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 06 November 15 at 23:27
You're making assumptions that you shouldn't be making. He's pointing them out by making more assumptions, but his are more rational.

No offense meant. Just saying, as an unbiased observer.
Phoenix C64
Phoenix C64
Posted on 06 November 15 at 23:56, Edited on 06 November 15 at 23:56 by Phoenix C64
Eurydace said: He's pointing them out by making more assumptions, but his are more rational.
rational? like this one?

Chakaal Starr said:Phoenix C64 said:what are you talking about? it has 6,940 votes and is the 5th most voted thing in the "home & settings" category
7000 for an issue that was posted ages ago isn't a ton of votes from a community of millions.
that's just clueless BS right there (and so is the rest of his post)

"millions" of users on xbox uservoice, riiiight. same millions of user trueachievement has, hum?

removing region lock from language has been the 5th most voted request in it's category since xbox one and uservoice exist and all the rest of his post are obvious clueless comments and assumtions about something he has no idea about, has not experienced/suffered himself and like i prooved in my previous post he didn't even understand what the request was about.

his post was rational? you gonna be kidding, right?
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 07 November 15 at 00:09
He said it must not be easy to implement or they would have. That's the rational assumption.

Also, he's right that Xbox Uservoice probably has millions of users. I see quite a few votes above 100,000. Whlie not guaranteed, that does indicate there's quite a lot (certainly over 1M) of users. 7000 votes, considering that, is not many. And that makes sense. Not a ton of people are going to prefer a language that's not a major language in their country (exceptions apply, but you get it).
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.