Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Initial Backwards Compatible Titles Revealed

AuthorMessage
Evil Kenivl
552,709
Evil Kenivl
Posted on 14 November 15 at 00:11, Edited on 14 November 15 at 00:13 by Evil Kenivl
Works fine so far. Installed Fallout 3 (retail/disc) and it runs perfectly... I was even able to directly download all the addons...

Only thing i was wondering was the following...

I live in germany and i own the uncut disc version shipped from england. But after install on the xbox one i noticed the game is now COMPLETE in english. Even the dialogues/texts...

So i dont needed to switch the region on the console. I was worried that i may get the german/cut version but its all fine ;-)

And one more questions... Whats about games that are stackable!?
For example Bioshock... Anyone know if its possible to install games from different regions at same time!?

Anyway i love the update and the posibility to finish up my backlog on the "new" console!

Edit: The article says you need the disc anyway. But you only need it for the install after that you can remove it! Game stars anywaytoast
Gaming since 1990!
HolyHalfDead
439,978
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 14 November 15 at 01:04, Edited on 14 November 15 at 01:10 by HolyHalfDead
Evil Kenivl said:So i dont needed to switch the region on the console. I was worried that i may get the german/cut version but its all fine ;-)

And one more questions... Whats about games that are stackable!?
For example Bioshock... Anyone know if its possible to install games from different regions at same time!?
It's great. The Xbox One is region free, and it sounds like this means you can also play Xbox 360 games from all regions.

Evil Kenivl said:Edit: The article says you need the disc anyway. But you only need it for the install after that you can remove it! Game stars anywaytoastThen you're lucky. When I try and start Perfect Dark Zero without the disc in the drive I get this message: Do you own this game or app?
If you have a game disc, insert it now. If you purchased this online, make sure you are signed in to Xbox Live. If you do not have rights to play it, you will need to get it at the Xbox Store. (0x87de07d1)

[See in Xbox Store] [Cancel] [Help]
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Chakaal Starr
341,119
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 14 November 15 at 06:25, Edited on 14 November 15 at 06:26 by Chakaal Starr
Evil Kenivl said:Works fine so far. Installed Fallout 3 (retail/disc) and it runs perfectly... I was even able to directly download all the addons...

Only thing i was wondering was the following...

I live in germany and i own the uncut disc version shipped from england. But after install on the xbox one i noticed the game is now COMPLETE in english. Even the dialogues/texts...

So i dont needed to switch the region on the console. I was worried that i may get the german/cut version but its all fine ;-)

And one more questions... Whats about games that are stackable!?
For example Bioshock... Anyone know if its possible to install games from different regions at same time!?

Anyway i love the update and the posibility to finish up my backlog on the "new" console!

Edit: The article says you need the disc anyway. But you only need it for the install after that you can remove it! Game stars anywaytoast
The article says you need the disk after the install too
Scary Superstar
Posted on 14 November 15 at 08:11
If I've missed the answer to this question somewhere earlier in the thread, sorry for asking again but....
Hexic. It was pre installed on my X360s so I assumed it would immediately appear on my X1 list of available games but it's not there. Anyone know how to get it?
YoDz
448,755
YoDz
Posted on 14 November 15 at 11:06, Edited on 14 November 15 at 11:11 by YoDz
Scary Superstar said:If I've missed the answer to this question somewhere earlier in the thread, sorry for asking again but....
Hexic. It was pre installed on my X360s so I assumed it would immediately appear on my X1 list of available games but it's not there. Anyone know how to get it?
you need to download the game from the market place, since the game was pre-installed on your HDD the actual license for the game is not linked to your gamertag, go to the market place on 360 or Xbox.com to download Hexic then when you get on XBOX1 it should be ready to download


http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Hexic-HD/66acd000-...

Hope this helps
Evil Kenivl
552,709
Evil Kenivl
Posted on 14 November 15 at 11:26
@HolyHa1fDead Ok... I was already wondering but its like i has written!

@Chakaal Starr
Yes the article says that but like i already told its working.
And i think it will be in future like that...
For example: All the people that can download the Gears games for owning the Ultimate edt and dont own the 360 discs. After download all those people will be able to play them WITHOUT the 360 retail discs. I cant imagine you need the Ultimate edition disc in the console for starting the old games...

In case of Fallout 3 i only needed to upload my save games into the cloud.
After installing fallout 3 i started it and a window popped up saying something like:
Collecting System Information for Xbox 360
After that i was able to enjoy the game without any problems (and without the disc)

Anyway we will se how it turns out during next ays/weeks...

But thanks for answering above toast
Gaming since 1990!
ShinUkyo
157,981
ShinUkyo
Posted on 14 November 15 at 14:53
Not a bad list! My available downloads list on XB1 is going to balloon once I get the dash update. In terms of XBLA: I'm glad to see Monday Night Combat, and I'm eagerly awaiting the return of Dungeon Defenders and Castlevania: HOD. Both of which were also insanely popular and make perfect sense to bring in. Some of my fondest co-op memories, and can't wait to boot them up on XB1.

As for the first-party MS titles missing: they said we're getting them all, and eventually we surely will. As a few people mentioned, they're not in a rush to bring in the Halo titles. They wanna sell copies of MCC. And this makes sense. At least Halo Reach is coming next month, as that's the only main series title that isn't on MCC.

We can also bet that every COD title is coming into the mix (since we're not getting HD remakes of any of those, haha. They release new entries too often to have time for remakes.) I'll be glad to see those, as the definitive (console) versions of all the last-gen COD games were on 360. And while it's tough to get folks to boot their 360 nowadays, many of them are on their XB1 every day.

HolyHa1fDead said:In the last 10 years I have had a Gold membership for just 1 year, and that was a couple of years ago. I don't play nearly enough multiplayer games to make it worth paying for Gold. I probably have enough Gold trial codes to last a whole year! My daughter set my Xbox One as her home Xbox One, and she only has an Xbox 360.Keep in mind, a Gold account isn't just for online MP. Not since years ago. There are weekly sales with very deep cuts, ones you often only get with Gold. They also give away free games every month, for both 360 and XB1, to Gold members. Considering how often retailers run promotions on 12-month renewal cards, at least in the US, they go for maybe half the price. And USD $30 for a year worth of free games is worth the cost alone (not to mention sales, etc.) Even if you never play multiplayer.
HolyHalfDead
439,978
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 14 November 15 at 18:05, Edited on 14 November 15 at 18:07 by HolyHalfDead
ShinUkyo said:HolyHa1fDead said:In the last 10 years I have had a Gold membership for just 1 year, and that was a couple of years ago. I don't play nearly enough multiplayer games to make it worth paying for Gold. I probably have enough Gold trial codes to last a whole year! My daughter set my Xbox One as her home Xbox One, and she only has an Xbox 360.Keep in mind, a Gold account isn't just for online MP. Not since years ago. There are weekly sales with very deep cuts, ones you often only get with Gold. They also give away free games every month, for both 360 and XB1, to Gold members. Considering how often retailers run promotions on 12-month renewal cards, at least in the US, they go for maybe half the price. And USD $30 for a year worth of free games is worth the cost alone (not to mention sales, etc.) Even if you never play multiplayer.Very true. Party chat, cloud saves, XBL messaging on Xbox.com are other Gold Exclusive features.

I do get all the free GwG from my daughter because she always downloads them on my Xbox 360 first. Same for DwG (I buy the game for me, and she gets it as well). This is permissible by Microsoft as they have always stated DLC (add-ons, GoD, XBLA) is licensed for two copies, one for your Xbox 360 and one for you.

The money I saved by not paying for Gold, paid for my Xbox One!
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Saiyan Ruuku
327,544
Saiyan Ruuku
Posted on 14 November 15 at 18:36, Edited on 14 November 15 at 18:49 by Saiyan Ruuku
DuhLayy said:matdan12 said:ManTheHarp00n said:soooo like wheres dark souls? i mean, what the fuck wants rainbow 6.I would prefer that over Dark Souls any day.That's sad.Because someone prefers a game over another?
Yep, sure is sad huh..
I'd prefer it too, personally, RS is a much better game than DS.
No matter how bad things get, we'll never stop planting the flowers.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 14 November 15 at 18:46
HolyHa1fDead said:I have tried downloading DiRT 3 twice and got stuck at 98% both times. Please can someone else try this one.

xPut Name Herex said:I thought other people had stated that Gold benefits did not transfer to the One's 360 emulation unless you were using the Gold account specifically? I forgot to check myself.I joined a Judgment special event yesterday, which I haven't been able to do in over a year, just to confirm that the event hasn't been changed for over 3 months now.
Dirt 3 was the first game I downloaded and played and it worked fine.
spaceward mooth
Posted on 14 November 15 at 21:18
just played some Gears of War 3 and except for a few bits of screen lag it ran pretty smooth
spammerstriker
Posted on 14 November 15 at 21:56
So do these have different achievements than the 360 versions, or no?
alklein92201
487,563
alklein92201
Posted on 14 November 15 at 23:41
spammerstriker said:So do these have different achievements than the 360 versions, or no?No, it uses the same, unstackable list. Backwards compatibility won't get you any extra achievements or Gamerscore.
ArmS II Archeur
Posted on 14 November 15 at 23:57, Edited on 14 November 15 at 23:58 by ArmS II Archeur
I have a question ... I'm alone or not !?
Now i have new dashboard on xone ... And when i go in my apps/games i see xbox 360 games arcades and retails. BUT... Why i have game like "golden axe" or "castle crasher" ... Because i have never pay or play with... o_o ( i have 10 games like that )
because i don't want to play with this game if i have a problem after...

Ps : sorry for my english ^^"
BardinAeducan
Posted on 15 November 15 at 01:58, Edited on 15 November 15 at 02:12 by BardinAeducan
spammerstriker said:So do these have different achievements than the 360 versions, or no?No, backwards compatibility means playing an older game on a newer system, nothing else. Since you're still playing the Xbox 360 game it'll still use the Xbox 360 achievement list.


ArmS II Archeur said:I have a question ... I'm alone or not !?
Now i have new dashboard on xone ... And when i go in my apps/games i see xbox 360 games arcades and retails. BUT... Why i have game like "golden axe" or "castle crasher" ... Because i have never pay or play with... o_o ( i have 10 games like that )
because i don't want to play with this game if i have a problem after...

Ps : sorry for my english ^^"
Could it be that you got them at some point and just don't remember? For instance maybe you bought them years ago (or whatever the time frame could have been) or they were free with Games With Gold? Though I have no idea if either of them were ever free due to GWG.
GT: BardinAeducan Goal: 50,000 in RPGs - 395/50,000
Chakaal Starr
341,119
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 15 November 15 at 02:47
Evil Kenivl said:@HolyHa1fDead Ok... I was already wondering but its like i has written!

@Chakaal Starr
Yes the article says that but like i already told its working.
And i think it will be in future like that...
For example: All the people that can download the Gears games for owning the Ultimate edt and dont own the 360 discs. After download all those people will be able to play them WITHOUT the 360 retail discs. I cant imagine you need the Ultimate edition disc in the console for starting the old games...

In case of Fallout 3 i only needed to upload my save games into the cloud.
After installing fallout 3 i started it and a window popped up saying something like:
Collecting System Information for Xbox 360
After that i was able to enjoy the game without any problems (and without the disc)

Anyway we will se how it turns out during next ays/weeks...

But thanks for answering above toast
Didn't the people who own the ultimate edition get all the bc gears games free? Their digital licence would have covered that. I didn't get that or when it was free, and Gears of war judgement says 'do you own this game or app, if you have game disc, insert it now'
alklein92201
487,563
alklein92201
Posted on 15 November 15 at 05:23
The Gears UE free games start going out as codes on a LIVE message starting Dec 1. Nobody had them yet from that.
Jay Insomniak
1,134,029
Jay Insomniak
Posted on 15 November 15 at 07:24
alklein92201 said:spammerstriker said:So do these have different achievements than the 360 versions, or no?No, it uses the same, unstackable list. Backwards compatibility won't get you any extra achievements or Gamerscore.Other than the fact you can now import regional stacks without the need for an NTSC/NTSC-J/PAL console.smile
My favourite colour is red
CRZYSPZ
443,954
CRZYSPZ
Posted on 15 November 15 at 10:16
ShinUkyo said:Not a bad list! My available downloads list on XB1 is going to balloon once I get the dash update. In terms of XBLA: I'm glad to see Monday Night Combat, and I'm eagerly awaiting the return of Dungeon Defenders and Castlevania: HOD. Both of which were also insanely popular and make perfect sense to bring in. Some of my fondest co-op memories, and can't wait to boot them up on XB1.

As for the first-party MS titles missing: they said we're getting them all, and eventually we surely will. As a few people mentioned, they're not in a rush to bring in the Halo titles. They wanna sell copies of MCC. And this makes sense. At least Halo Reach is coming next month, as that's the only main series title that isn't on MCC.

We can also bet that every COD title is coming into the mix (since we're not getting HD remakes of any of those, haha. They release new entries too often to have time for remakes.) I'll be glad to see those, as the definitive (console) versions of all the last-gen COD games were on 360. And while it's tough to get folks to boot their 360 nowadays, many of them are on their XB1 every day.

HolyHa1fDead said:In the last 10 years I have had a Gold membership for just 1 year, and that was a couple of years ago. I don't play nearly enough multiplayer games to make it worth paying for Gold. I probably have enough Gold trial codes to last a whole year! My daughter set my Xbox One as her home Xbox One, and she only has an Xbox 360.Keep in mind, a Gold account isn't just for online MP. Not since years ago. There are weekly sales with very deep cuts, ones you often only get with Gold. They also give away free games every month, for both 360 and XB1, to Gold members. Considering how often retailers run promotions on 12-month renewal cards, at least in the US, they go for maybe half the price. And USD $30 for a year worth of free games is worth the cost alone (not to mention sales, etc.) Even if you never play multiplayer.
For Arcade, I'm hoping most for Dungeon Defenders, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Frogger, Charlie Murder, and Pac-Man (original). The rest of the Sonic catalog is practically a given.

Retail titles I'm hoping for Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (both games), RDR (still have yet to play), Black Ops 2 (and any other COD they are willing to give up), Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Orange Box, Portal 2, Dead Space, Alice: Madness Returns, and many others.
I'm very happy to know that the Bioshock trilogy and Black Ops are coming over though. Some of my favorites right there.

I could add a lot more to my list, but I think everyone gets the idea haha
Evil Kenivl
552,709
Evil Kenivl
Posted on 15 November 15 at 13:25
Chakaal Starr said:Evil Kenivl said:@HolyHa1fDead Ok... I was already wondering but its like i has written!

@Chakaal Starr
Yes the article says that but like i already told its working.
And i think it will be in future like that...
For example: All the people that can download the Gears games for owning the Ultimate edt and dont own the 360 discs. After download all those people will be able to play them WITHOUT the 360 retail discs. I cant imagine you need the Ultimate edition disc in the console for starting the old games...

In case of Fallout 3 i only needed to upload my save games into the cloud.
After installing fallout 3 i started it and a window popped up saying something like:
Collecting System Information for Xbox 360
After that i was able to enjoy the game without any problems (and without the disc)

Anyway we will se how it turns out during next ays/weeks...

But thanks for answering above toast
Didn't the people who own the ultimate edition get all the bc gears games free? Their digital licence would have covered that. I didn't get that or when it was free, and Gears of war judgement says 'do you own this game or app, if you have game disc, insert it now'
Yes they get the games for free right... And thats the point! I mean... For example...

I have a friend at work who owns a PS4 and since a few days he bought an Xbox One ONLY to play the Gears of War Ultimate Collection! (No joke) Now i told him he will recieve the codes soon so he can download the other gears games...

You know what i mean!? He never has had the retail discs for any gears game so its impossible for him to "put the disc in the console" ;-)

Another example... Someone else i know never played DIRT 3! (shock i know)
Now he downloaded it on his Xbox 360 AND on the Xbox One...
You see it!? Same thing... NO retail disc! But he can play it!!!

And on the other side that would mean that everbody that download a game with gold game for FREE is in need to BUY the retail disc AGAIN for plaing it on the One!? That wolud be... Pretty ...!

So actually the whole thing is confusing. I hope that MS will update it again so that if you really own the retail disc you only need it for the installation. Everything else you once paid for appears in your download list!

One more question to the others... Do you have THIS PROBLEM!?

Evertime when i DELETE the Achievement App from my PIN`s section it automatic comes back after few seconds angry
But its only the damn achievement app. Everything else works like it sholud and STAYS where i want to have it. Thanks forward...
Gaming since 1990!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.