Windows Forum

Forum for general Windows discussion. Come here to talk about everything associated with the OS, from games to apps to updates.

GFWL That Require Product CD Keys - Listed (Games For Windows Live)

AuthorMessage
cenGii91
cenGii91
Posted on 12 June 18 at 17:00
Hey guys, i recently installed all of my GFWL titles on Windows 10. (Insider-Build.)

After a few hours i ran into some problems. So the following games are now on my pc and i was able to get to the starting screen with my GT logged in and ready to play:

Universe at War - Earth Assault (works fine!) - but i guess i need a boosting partner for the online achievements.

Resident Evil 5 - works fine!

Section 8 - works fine, but i heard DLC was removed. Looking at the linked Game Page, i can see the DLC achievements are offline, so is there any chance of getting the DLC?

Batman Arkham City - works fine. No Goty Edition. Buying that one could be problematic (see Fallout Entry). Is the GOTY Edition a safe bet for getting the DLCs?

Red Faction Guerilla - Installed the game, with a working key, but after it finishes, the game does not start telling me to reinstall the game. Any workaround for that?

Bioshock 2
Problem: I can start Multiplayer without any problems, but when i try to start Singe-Player, i get an error telling me that GfWL was not found and it opens me a new tab with the GfWL download. Tried that a few times, but nothing helped. Any fix? I guess the DLCs aren't available as i don't remember a GOTY Edition of Bioshock 2.

Fallout 3 - Got the GOTY Edition, but no DLCs were recorded.
If anyone of you knows how to actually install the DLC content i would be really appreciated.

The strange thing is, that when i log in into the GfWL app, i can see my gamertag, but nothing else. Retrieving information like bought games or DLC does not work ( I guess this is because of GfWL marketplace were shutted down, but this makes playing the DLCs for Fallout 3 impossible, as i have no possibility of installing the DLC content. This is why i think getting the GOTY Edition of Batman Arkham City may result in to the same case.

Microsoft Flight - installed, works actually fine, BUT i can't get any key. I tried to leave the spaces blank and typed any random product key, but this wasn't working. Googled a few pages and tried to get a serial code, but nothing found. Is there like some general key which i can activate this game? (You know this was a free game).
I know from the past, that GfWL showed me the Access Code/Serial key for the game, but like i mentioned before, the GfWL client is not properly working, and so i can't type any working key.
I make multiple lists ranging from achievements to dlc pricing. Constantly updating data when available.
Solar Kaos
Solar Kaos
Posted on 16 August 18 at 01:37
Someone know how to get rid the Minerva den glitch ?
I mean i got the dlc but there is no achievement in the last one , didnt get any trouble for the other dlc but cant get the Minerva den dlc to work.

When i go under my games it's written 60 achievements for Bio 2
Then when clicking the game its show the 68 achievements list ...
i got the Last title update from the game and i noticed that if i download my profile without living the game its then show correctly 68 achievements on the menu like it should , still no way to get the minerva den achievement.
Strange
Constants and Variables
flubberfudge
flubberfudge
Posted on 29 August 18 at 13:54
I don’t know how true these are, I’ve installed my bulletstorm on multiple computers and never had a problem. Unless it’s linked to your gamer tag and not the computer itself.
Colton
Anno Mundi
Anno Mundi
Posted on 19 October 18 at 22:13
Not sure if anyone has noticed but the GFWL marketplace has been down now for almost a year. I managed to download some of my previously purchased DLC around March time and the servers went offline shortly after that.

Seen a few posts on xbox.com about it but the threads seem to get closed. I wonder if MS has finally decided not to revive it - as it's been up and down now over the past few years.
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 19 October 18 at 23:29
Anno Mundi said:
Not sure if anyone has noticed but the GFWL marketplace has been down now for almost a year. I managed to download some of my previously purchased DLC around March time and the servers went offline shortly after that.

Seen a few posts on xbox.com about it but the threads seem to get closed. I wonder if MS has finally decided not to revive it - as it's been up and down now over the past few years.
I just checked (Literally 30 seconds ago) and it's still there. It lets me start DLing DLC that I haven't installed yet.
Hola
Anno Mundi
Anno Mundi
Posted on 19 October 18 at 23:42
ThreeHaddock62 said:
Anno Mundi said:

I just checked (Literally 30 seconds ago) and it's still there. It lets me start DLing DLC that I haven't installed yet.
Are you sure? There's a whole thread about it here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbanswers/forum/xba_gapp...

I've been trying it on and off for months now and even tried it on a fresh install. Still just get the error "cannot retrieve your purchase history"
Napathanes
Napathanes
Posted on 20 October 18 at 13:45
No the marketplace is still not working since Dec 2017. Multiple attempts to get Xbox support and MS support to fix the issue have not been successful.
Solar Kaos
Solar Kaos
Posted on 25 May 19 at 17:08
Still not working ?
Constants and Variables
Napathanes
Napathanes
Posted on 26 May 19 at 17:34
Solar Kaos said:
Still not working ?
Nope, still not working.
Anno Mundi
Anno Mundi
Posted on 17 June 19 at 22:02
Napathanes said:
Solar Kaos said:
Still not working ?
Nope, still not working.
Thanks for creating another thread on Xbox.com. Folks on this forum - I suggest you all provide a response to the thread so we can keep advising MS this is still an issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/gfwl-ther...
Solar Kaos
Solar Kaos
Posted on 02 July 19 at 23:55
Thanks for creating the thread.
Couldnt belive they close it AGAIN without any HELP.
I mean is this even legal ?
Constants and Variables
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 03 July 19 at 00:36
Yes, it's legal.
Solar Kaos
Solar Kaos
Posted on 05 July 19 at 10:23
It's mentionned that Legend of galactic heroes is working with a legacy gfwl key but the game is acting for a 20 digit ( not 25 digit) code during installation ...
Is this another unique code you can use only one ?
Constants and Variables
Inferno118
Inferno118
Posted on 05 July 19 at 19:20
^ I have the same issue. Not sure it’s legacy anymore, unless someone has an answer
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.