Windows Forum

Forum for general Windows discussion. Come here to talk about everything associated with the OS, from games to apps to updates.

GFWL That Require Product CD Keys - Listed (Games For Windows Live)

AuthorMessage
Cosminiion
Cosminiion
Posted on 10 August 19 at 00:02, Edited on 10 August 19 at 11:29 by Cosminiion
ThreeHaddock62 said:
That's why you were spamming the boards for PM's earlier?
Ahhh, I didn't realize till you mentioned it that all game posts end up together in the Game Discussion forum making it look like I spammed. I posted one message in a few different games' forum for some visibility. I totally did not want it to look that way, like spam. That's my bad. I removed all those. For now, I'll only keep my one post here for those interested: GFWL That Require Product CD Keys - Listed (Games For Windows Live) Later on, I'll create a dedicated thread for this.

JumboWario said:
There are plenty of legitimately attainable GFWL games still out there. Still think it's probably in your best interests not to distribute information like that. Just sayin.
I'm only offering those games which had a GFWL version exclusive to the Games for Windows Marketplace (well LOGH is just a bonus, pretty sure it's nowhere to be found either). Nowadays not only can you not buy those games, but you also cannot redownload them if you previously purchased them in the Marketplace, so they're unretrievable if you don't have local personal copies saved. Maybe some people started some of those games, didn't finish them and now lost access to them. I'm offering those people the chance to finish those games up. This is no different than sharing Xbox disc games or the digital game sharing that people do on Xbox One. This -is- the only feasible way to play those games nowadays (at least their GFWL-enabled version), both if you never bought them and if you did buy them in the past.
Anno Mundi
Anno Mundi
Posted on 13 August 19 at 21:27
Can Tron still be purchased on Steam? I can't seem to find it...
Napathanes
Napathanes
Posted on 13 August 19 at 21:39
Anno Mundi said:
Can Tron still be purchased on Steam? I can't seem to find it...
Tron was recently delisted from steam. Physical copy is still available out there.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 14 August 19 at 11:22
You still can redeem the game on steam if you find a key
Got mine for less than 2euros
Constants and Variables
Cosminiion
Cosminiion
Posted on 22 August 19 at 02:27, Edited on 26 August 19 at 10:50 by Cosminiion
So, you're not allowed to share/giveaway keys on this forum at all? What's so wrong with that? Where's the rule that states that?

I posted a huge list of Legacy GFWL live access keys that's been on the Internet for over 7 years and my post's gone inexplicably.

Edit: Never mind, I understand that decision.
Inferno118
Inferno118
Posted on 22 August 19 at 03:05
Cosminiion said:
So, you're not allowed to share/giveaway keys on this forum at all? What's so wrong with that? Where's the rule that states that?

I posted a huge list of Legacy GFWL live access keys that's been on the Internet for over 7 years and my post's gone inexplicably.
All of these weird methods to obtain games are in a gray area of right and wrong for the site, it’s essentially frowned upon by many in a sense.

There are a solid chunk of TA members with all the files for these games, people tend to just help out their friends and not put themselves out there. It’s nice of you to try to help out but don’t be surprised if people have an issue with it. A lot of greedy people out there
Cosminiion
Cosminiion
Posted on 22 August 19 at 03:21, Edited on 26 August 19 at 10:50 by Cosminiion
Inferno118 said:
All of these weird methods to obtain games are in a gray area of right and wrong for the site, it’s essentially frowned upon by many in a sense.

There are a solid chunk of TA members with all the files for these games, people tend to just help out their friends and not put themselves out there. It’s nice of you to try to help out but don’t be surprised if people have an issue with it. A lot of greedy people out there
There was nothing weird with that. It was literally just a list of keys that you could use in-game to log in to LIVE in a few GFWL games. Maybe some people lost their keys, etc. That didn't help anyone 'obtain' any games. They still had to have their own games. People can PM me about any GFWL game and I can tell them what options they have to obtain the respective game. I do only want to help, bring a little life back to GFWL.

Frowned upon... So they'd rather let those games die completely? Whoever didn't buy them at the right time can never get to play them? No place to buy the game = it's gone forever, end of discussion? Really? That shallow? So people sharing physical games with friends, game sharing on Xbox One is frowned upon too? You might be right with the greed aspect.

I wanna know the official rule that was acted upon to delete my post. Or if the mods just do whatever they feel like on these forums, that's fine too. At least I know that's the case. I won't complain, it's not my forum.

Edit: I was told why and I accepted it.
Inferno118
Inferno118
Posted on 22 August 19 at 03:30
Cosminiion said:
Inferno118 said:

There was nothing weird with that. It was literally just a list of keys that you could use in-game to log in to LIVE in a few GFWL games. Maybe some people lost their keys, etc. That didn't help anyone 'obtain' any games. They still had to have their own games.

Frowned upon... So they'd rather let those games die completely? Whoever didn't buy them at the right time can never get to play them? No place to buy the game = it's gone forever, end of discussion? Really? That shallow? So people sharing physical games with friends, game sharing on Xbox One is frowned upon too? You might be right with the greed aspect.

I wanna know the official rule that was acted upon to delete my post. Or if the mods just do whatever they feel like on these forums, that's fine too. At least I know that's the case. I won't complain, it's not my forum.
Oh I thought u we’re sending the files to people. Either way just hit up a mod, it takes 2 seconds
Triple Triad777
Triple Triad777
Posted on 24 August 19 at 04:37
I know this thread is rather dead, but is there any difference between the regions of games? I'm looking on ebay, and a lot of the gfwl titles are only available from the UK and European regions. Would I have to go about using them a different way on the pc, or will it be able to run just like any other pc game? Thanks!
Cosminiion
Cosminiion
Posted on 24 August 19 at 20:26
Triple Triad777 said:
I know this thread is rather dead, but is there any difference between the regions of games? I'm looking on ebay, and a lot of the gfwl titles are only available from the UK and European regions. Would I have to go about using them a different way on the pc, or will it be able to run just like any other pc game? Thanks!
There is no difference, with one exception, I suppose - Bioshock 2 Russian. They'll all run on any PC which meets the minimal performance requirements.
Bread675
Bread675
Posted on 14 September 19 at 10:07
Hi thanks for making this thread if I buy the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 on steam can I get all the achievements on xbox??
Cosminiion
Cosminiion
Posted on 14 September 19 at 11:20
Bread675 said:
Hi thanks for making this thread if I buy the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 on steam can I get all the achievements on xbox??
It seems like GOTY edition on Steam doesn't really have full GFWL functionality (no CD key given, no guide in-game, etc.), but requires it to be installed in order to run. Regular Fallout 3 on Steam does have GFWL fully functional and still issues GFWL keys.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.