Xbox One

Forum for Xbox One related discussions

'Done! Unlocking...' what does it mean?

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 November 15 at 12:24
    It seems the Servers are overloaded and causes the delay. Like if it can handle 1000 unlocks a minute and it gets 1500 to process it gets delayed. I think that this the cause is as it always starts in the evening for Europe. Never in our morning it starts.
    Twitch & YT: KlikoTV | Twitter: @Klikopedia
  • SpilnerSpilner853,418
    Posted on 20 November 15 at 12:34
    In the OP ...this is tied to server(s) and sometimes for various reasons (High traffic, big game release, big errors, etc) the connection to these servers can mess up... wink
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 November 15 at 18:21
    didn't saw. good to see more think the same.
    Twitch & YT: KlikoTV | Twitter: @Klikopedia
  • Mr GranstaffMr Granstaff1,551,369
    Posted on 09 December 15 at 19:08
    Does MS ever do a forced update (not too sure what to call it) for any gamers that have these issues? I still have a handful of achievements when the server had issues last (probably due to high traffic when the BC first came out) that are stuck at 100% progress.
    Rollus Tidus
  • SpilnerSpilner853,418
    Posted on 10 December 15 at 06:25
    Course not.
  • Posted on 17 December 15 at 07:18
    I don't understand the steering people away from deleting their profile. This has worked for many people. I had an achievement today that got suck on Done! Unlocking so I did it and it unlocked when I redid it. This was a single-action achievement though, so I could see it maybe causing issues for achievements that actually have progress. Still didn't fix my MCC audio log though (or if it did, it didn't unlock yet.)
  • SpilnerSpilner853,418
    Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:29
    Just more hassle than its worth.
  • Posted on 07 January 16 at 21:49, Edited on 07 January 16 at 21:54 by I8ITackyticsI8I
    This has happened to me for the first time this evening whilst playing d4. Two are at 100% but are still locked and a third says done unlocking. Too nervous to carry on playing just in case..

Edit: just rebooted my console and now they all say done unlocking. Time to play the waiting game...
  • SpilnerSpilner853,418
    Posted on 07 January 16 at 22:32
    Don't let done unlocking stop you from carrying on.
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • kliqIMBkliqIMB505,936
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 06:28
    So...... very weird occurrence today. I was playing some KI, since I haven't played in well over a year and am trying to get my %age up, and I "unlocked" four achievements. One listed as "Done... Unlocking!" the other three just said "100%" and nothing more. I attempted a hard boot and they still showed the same.

I went to my fiancee's house and checked on her Xbox One through the achievement app (didn't open KI to do so), same thing. I just got home around seven hours after I originally should have unlocked the achievement. I loaded up KI and now all 4 have gone back to just having a locked icon and are back in their normal section of the snapped achievements app. If I enlarge the app to full screen I still see them as "Locked Icon 100%", but none say "Done... Unlocking".

What in the actual fuck?
  • SpilnerSpilner853,418
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 11:52
    Those are still done unlocking but just stuck in a different state, I think redoing them then puts them in the done unlocking state still. Ive only had one of those and wasn't awake when it sorted itself out.
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42639,139
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 12:39
    kliqIMB said:
    So...... very weird occurrence today. I was playing some KI, since I haven't played in well over a year and am trying to get my %age up, and I "unlocked" four achievements. One listed as "Done... Unlocking!" the other three just said "100%" and nothing more. I attempted a hard boot and they still showed the same.
    Sometimes if you complete the requirements of an achievement before the achievement exists, this can happen. For this type of Done-Unlocking, often doing the action one more time will truly unlock the achievement. For example, I had this happen with
    Xbox FitnessFight BackThe Fight Back achievement in Xbox Fitness worth 208 pointsThrow 3,000 punches.
    because I had thrown 3000 punches before the achievement was added via a Title Update. I just had to throw one more punch and the achievement unlocked. Since you said you had not played in over a year, I'm guessing you might be in this situation.

On the other hand, sometimes you just have to wait days, weeks, or even months (no exaggeration) for a Done-Unlocking to unlock. Sorry.
  • kliqIMBkliqIMB505,936
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 15:01
    Interesting. I guess I'll try completing one of them again and see what happens. The really weird thing is that I one of them is for completing 30 fight titles with Sadira and when I check the menu it says I've only done 29. In these types of situations, redoing the achievement doesn't hurt, right? Nor should playing another game?

Yeah Math, I wish that were the case with these but they were for an og character.
  • SpilnerSpilner853,418
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 15:03
    Nope doesn't hurt, hence being in my OP wink
  • Posted on 08 January 16 at 22:44, Edited on 08 January 16 at 22:54 by I8ITackyticsI8I
    I have now had 'done! unlocking..' appear for every achievement except 2 I have completed in over 30 hours for 3 games (7 bugged achievements total). A couple sorted themselves out upon restarting the console after 24 hours (not the first ones I completed). Could deleting and redownloading my profile help? Will this definitely put my progress back?

I've been told to wait 72 hours by xbox support but I don't know if that's really a proven length of time...
  • ElyohElyoh864,856
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 00:01
    Waiting does, in 99% of cases, fix the problem.

Patience is a rare virtue with gamers laugh
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • kliqIMBkliqIMB505,936
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 00:07
    Whelp ended up popping at some time today and is now reflecting everywhere. Glad this was just a new type of these D...U! nonsense and not an actual problem. Played XI all day anyway. :D
  • Posted on 09 January 16 at 01:25
    Elyoh said:Waiting does, in 99% of cases, fix the problem.

Patience is a rare virtue with gamers laugh
    True that. laugh
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 January 16 at 02:22
    Is this a problem that may one day be fixed, or is it just the way Xbox One works and we'll have to put up with it forever?
  • SpilnerSpilner853,418
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 02:46
    o DEEVIUS o said:Is this a problem that may one day be fixed, or is it just the way Xbox One works and we'll have to put up with it forever?Pass but its been this way for over 2 years and achievements will always require a server on Xbox One now but if that's the price to stop people cheating (For the most part) then so be it, just need to improve those servers on the back end.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.