The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Windows 10 Black Friday 10 Cent Sale

• Posted on 22 November 15 at 13:38
    10 cents a game? AWESOME! Hopefully this is a sign that I wont be stuck with Steam for PC sales, although my Best Buy membership setup is competitive with some of the best sales out there. Fallout 4 for $27. Enough said.

As for people complaining about the sale being in the US only... guys, do you know how long it took to get most of the non-US countries to even recognize Black Friday? Last I checked the UK was very much against it, although they've been adopting it slowly. This might be a good starting point for research. Further, I look at it like trying to buy a Russian CD Key to activate on Steam. Not all sales are equal, and it's not just the US/Microsoft that does this.
  • wanderuxwanderux656,023
    Posted on 22 November 15 at 14:12
    Spilner said:You can buy these in other regions if you have a payment method on your account:
    Settings - Time & Language - Region & Language - Change to United States - launch Store.
    thanks!
  • Jay InsomniakJay Insomniak1,198,474
    Posted on 22 November 15 at 15:39
    AC Pirates, Angry Birds Space, and Star Wars all refuse to run on my PC, any Ideas?
    My favourite colour is red
  • CRAZE KILERCRAZE KILER1,231,706
    Posted on 22 November 15 at 16:24
    assassinjay1229 said:AC Pirates, Angry Birds Space, and Star Wars all refuse to run on my PC, any Ideas?I'm in the same boat with Disney Fairies, I tried uninstall and re-installed it but it wont work.
  • PhonySpoonPhonySpoon1,133,178
    Posted on 22 November 15 at 16:48
    does anyone know if the licenses for these games can still be purchased even if i dont currently have a win 8/10 device? Id like to be able to buy all the ones i want and then download them at a later time whenever i get a win 10/8 device
  • PatchyAmacPatchyAmac379,694
    Posted on 22 November 15 at 17:10
    Seamus McLimey said:If you have PayPal, you'll be asked to input a US address. Any address will work, even the White House (several people have used it, so it definitely works)

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500,

Thanks Obama!
    1 Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, USA ;)
    "tis better to be silent and be thought a fool,than to speak and remove all doubt"
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead608,169
    Posted on 22 November 15 at 17:15
    PhonySpoon said:does anyone know if the licenses for these games can still be purchased even if i dont currently have a win 8/10 device? Id like to be able to buy all the ones i want and then download them at a later time whenever i get a win 10/8 deviceYou can't get these deals from a Win8 PC, but you can use a Win10 PC (at work, mates house, school, etc) to purchase them for use on a different PC.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • JumboWarioJumboWario878,129
    Posted on 22 November 15 at 19:11
    CRAZE KILER said:assassinjay1229 said:AC Pirates, Angry Birds Space, and Star Wars all refuse to run on my PC, any Ideas?I'm in the same boat with Disney Fairies, I tried uninstall and re-installed it but it wont work.AC Pirates and Disney Fairies both crash on startup after several tries reinstalling and running in compatibility mode with no success. I tried this on TWO SEPARATE Windows 10 machines so it might be the OS. A warning to anyone trying to pick these up, play it on Windows 8 if you can.
    Game On.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 November 15 at 19:44
    PatchyAmac said:Seamus McLimey said:If you have PayPal, you'll be asked to input a US address. Any address will work, even the White House (several people have used it, so it definitely works)

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500,

Thanks Obama!
    1 Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, USA ;)
    So even if I were to link my already made Australian Paypal account which has an Australian address, and then change my Windows region to US, using my Australian based Paypal won't work or give me the discount?
    So I will need to create a brand new Paypal account based in US?
  • Posted on 22 November 15 at 20:01
    Spilner said:You can buy these in other regions if you have a payment method on your account:
    Settings - Time & Language - Region & Language - Change to United States - launch Store.
    Thank you Spilner!
  • Posted on 22 November 15 at 20:14
    Mickford said: (...)
    So I will need to create a brand new Paypal account based in US?
    No, you can use your normal Paypal account. After you've confirmed that, the next step will ask you to type in your (US) adress. After you've confirmed that you can purchase the game.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf522,134
    Posted on 22 November 15 at 21:10
    AC pirates opens on my win 10 laptop, i didnt play at all, but it opened and im looking at my boat.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,156,975
    Posted on 23 November 15 at 06:30
    Today's movie deals:
    Pitch Perfect 2
    Ex Machina
    Inception
    Groundhog Day
    Office Space
    Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
    The Great Gatsby (2013)
    ET
    The Devil Wears Prada
    Enter the Dragon

Again some good ones in there. Does anyone have anything to say about Ex Machina? I've heard good things about it. At $0.10 I'll probably just get it anyway laugh, but still nice to hear others thoughts.
  • VeedrockVeedrock560,374
    Posted on 23 November 15 at 06:31, Edited on 23 November 15 at 06:37 by Veedrock
    Having a @#$% of a time trying to get Windows 10 to authenticate when installed on a separate partition, but I was able to buy the games despite the unlicensed OS so mission accomplished I guess. dance

Now how do I get Hitman Go crossbuy to work? Would be nice to get it on my phone as well, but frankly at 10 cents I'm not gonna riot if it doesn't work for some reason. laugh

Now if mojang.com wasn't so ridiculously stupid, maybe I could get my free copy of Minecraft Beta Edition. THAT I will rage about. angry
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead608,169
    Posted on 23 November 15 at 09:13
    Veedrock said:Now how do I get Hitman Go crossbuy to work? Would be nice to get it on my phone as well, but frankly at 10 cents I'm not gonna riot if it doesn't work for some reason. laughFind it in the store on your phone, it will have a price. Click on buy. It will then show you own this game, and you can click on install.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 23 November 15 at 11:44
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane for 10 cents... Where the hell is Oddworld X?
  • Exe the HeroExe the Hero1,717,639
    Posted on 23 November 15 at 13:55
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:Hydro Thunder Hurricane for 10 cents... Where the hell is Oddworld X?I've only been reading the comments to look for his haha. Shocked he's not here yet...
  • Lord MidasLord Midas322,629
    Posted on 23 November 15 at 14:31, Edited on 23 November 15 at 15:30 by Lord Midas
    On my Surface Pro 2 I changed my region to United States.
    I then was able to see the game (AssCreedPirates) for 0.10$.
    I went with PayPal and put in my address, but used Alabama as my state, with a postcode like 36006.
    It is 'working..........' at the moment.
    I'll update this post once the games download

edit: the games (added AngryBirdsStarWars) are showing in my purchased transactions. And I can install and play them! woo
  • MoneyShot360MoneyShot360650,874
    Posted on 23 November 15 at 16:58
    I had all but 4 of them already, but I'm not going to argue with getting those. Started the purchase on my Win 10 tablet, canceled, and put them on my Win 8 laptop.
  • Posted on 24 November 15 at 02:25
    Several unlisted movies. Surprisingly they include Home, the new terminator and the new Jurassic park.
    This space for rent.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.