The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Windows 10 Black Friday 10 Cent Sale

• Smithy2037Smithy2037339,020
    Posted on 28 November 15 at 18:47
    zeldafanjtl said:Smithy2037 said:Right I need help, Im in UK, I got a $1 microsoft credit, changed region to USA etc, done what looks like the difficult part, but games arent showing cheaper, assume cos im not running windows 10, how the hell do I get it, even a trial. Been trying for days an it seems the free version Microsoft were giving away is now not available, wtf!!!!!!Is the free Windows 10 program different in the UK? In the US, they're offering free upgrades until a year after launch, so next July or so.I don't know, guess so, but I cant for the life of me figure out where to get then upgrade, feel like I've tried everything, can anyone point me in right direction, or give me a link or something, really want these games.
  • VeedrockVeedrock560,374
    Posted on 28 November 15 at 19:35, Edited on 28 November 15 at 19:40 by Veedrock
    Smithy2037 said:I don't know, guess so, but I cant for the life of me figure out where to get then upgrade, feel like I've tried everything, can anyone point me in right direction, or give me a link or something, really want these games.https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-10-upgrade

If the upgrade is giving you fits, there's a separate link in small text just below the buttons for creating a USB installer. I wouldn't recommend using it to overwrite your main Windows, so partition part of your hard drive (100000 MB should be more than enough); be sure to give it a name you can recognize, like "Windows 10."

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/create-format-har...

After that's done and the USB is ready, restart your PC and launch the USB on bootup (keep hitting F12 during bootup, then it'll ask you to select a source, choose USB) and during the setup it'll ask you to choose where to install, choose the new partition you created. Then it should go about installing Windows 10; after it's installed and doing the initial setup it'll ask for your Windows key, just select "I don't have a key" at the bottom of the window.

It'll be an unlicensed version of Windows 10, but you can still access the store to buy the games. Then if/when you're done with Windows 10, you can simply delete that partition you created to get it off of your system with ease.
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator267,156
    Posted on 01 December 15 at 07:00
    I just happened to install Windows 10 in time and was like oh yeah there's that 10 cent sale xD
  • Posted on 03 December 15 at 18:33
    xPut Name Herex said:The new movie deals are up (seems like only the movies and music deals are cycling every day, not the games and apps). Today's set include
    Home (2015, Dreamworks)
    Spy (2015 Melissa McCartney film)
    The Matrix
    Minority Report
    Training Day
    Diary of a Wimpy Kid
    Jaws
    The Godfather
    The Goonies
    Cape Fear (1991)

Please consider taking a night off from your gaming and watching The Godfather if you haven't seen it already. It's more than worth your time, especially for a dime.

You get 14 days from the rental date to start the music, and can download it to your Xbox as well. Do it!
    Minority report is also one of my favourite films. Well worth a watch.
  • XpovosXpovos857,303
    Posted on 07 December 15 at 02:07, Edited on 07 December 15 at 02:10 by Xpovos
    xPut Name Herex said:You get 14 days from the rental date to start the music, and can download it to your Xbox as well. Do it!It's been a little while and I've not been able to figure out how to download or stream the movie I rented to the Xbox. But that's OK, it's not going to my PC either, but at least I'm getting error messages there. On the Xbox it's trying to make me pay again.

EDIT:
    Went to contact support about it and got this one.
    http://imgur.com/A9goQW7

Impressive work, MS. Glad I'm only out $0.10 on this one. Definitely not going to rent any more content through them.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,156,975
    Posted on 07 December 15 at 03:11
    I think I was actually wrong about being able to download to the Xbox. Normally I believe you can but for the promotion titles it wasn't. Sorry about that redface
  • Posted on 14 December 17 at 10:18
    I had it since the 10 cents sale and played it too (on windows 10) but now it doesn't work anymore... i've tried many (obvious) solutions.. anyone else with this problem?!
    Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
  • Posted on 23 January 18 at 06:11
    it doesn't connect for me either. I got the game and when it goes to menu it says unable to connect to xbox
  • The NotoThe Noto476,556
    Posted on 14 February 18 at 23:34
    I seem to be connecting fine. If anyone wants to help boost Hot Hand I would appreciate it too.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.