The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Black Friday Sale Kicks Off

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce762,891
    Posted on 23 November 15 at 15:30Permalink
    MrProcastinate said:Is this for US-only or worldwide?The regional pricing throughout the article should give you a clue...laugh
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • MattQuin89MattQuin89341,391
    Posted on 23 November 15 at 15:47Permalink
    Pare ESP said:Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass is also on sale (50% for Gold members).

The question is that I do not know is any car on this pack is required for any achievement? Please, anyone know about this?
    Thanks guys
    Not needed for any achievements.
  • WickedDeathWickedDeath480,846
    Posted on 23 November 15 at 17:00Permalink
    the windows 10 games haven't changed in two days. I thought there was suppose to be new games every day. This is probably the worse black friday sale ever.
  • Posted on 23 November 15 at 17:17Permalink
    These offers run until November 30th with them being opened up to everyone else on the 24th at between 7-10% lower discount then the Gold offerings.Grammar! warning
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,709
    Posted on 23 November 15 at 18:10Permalink
    WickedDeath said:the windows 10 games haven't changed in two days. I thought there was suppose to be new games every day. This is probably the worse black friday sale ever.All the Windows 10 games for 10 cents run for 10 days, not 1 day. It's the movies that change every day. It isn't Black Friday until Friday, so perhaps reserve judgement until then. But I do think it was all about quantity this year, something for everyone, but with smaller discounts because of this.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 23 November 15 at 18:20Permalink
    Saikred said:Can we ever hope for pricing to be fair for us in the UK?

Mortal Kombat X "Premium Edition"
    Now US$43.99 / £41.24

By my maths, $43.99 (USD) should be £28.99 (GBP) or close to it.
    If the US were charged equivalent to what us UK users have to pay, it'd be $62.57 approx

What a rip off =(
    Don't forget that the UK price includes the VAT while the USA price is pre-tax, so the $43.99 USD USA price would be displayed closer to £35 GBP in the UK after the government's take has been added.

It's also important to note that Mortal Kombat X is published by Warner Brothers. Warner Bros. is an American entertainment company with as much of their business is done in the US state of California (due to Hollywood), with a second large set of operations presumably in New York (the two big film/TV locales in America) and very little overseas holdings. Thus, instead of leaving money overseas (such as the money earned by selling the game to you, a person in the UK), in order to use it effectively they need to bring it back to the USA. At this point, the UK/EU steps in and takes a huge chunk of the cash being exported from the UK/EU as a tariff, because they don't want the money to leave their shores without getting a cut of it (and to encourage companies to invest in the EU instead of bringing the money back to the USA). That cost ends up being passed on to the consumer.
  • Posted on 23 November 15 at 18:32Permalink
    Nice list, cheers for putting it together. Would it be possible in the future for any backwards compatible games to be marked somehow in the listing?
  • Posted on 23 November 15 at 19:15Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:Saikred said:Can we ever hope for pricing to be fair for us in the UK?

Now US$43.99 / £41.24

If the US were charged equivalent to what us UK users have to pay, it'd be $62.57 approx

What a rip off =(
    Don't forget that the UK price includes the VAT while the USA price is pre-tax, so the $43.99 USD USA price would be displayed closer to £35 GBP in the UK after the government's take has been added.

It's also important to note that Mortal Kombat X is published by Warner Brothers. Warner Bros. is an American entertainment company with as much of their business is done in the US state of California (due to Hollywood), with a second large set of operations presumably in New York (the two big film/TV locales in America) and very little overseas holdings. Thus, instead of leaving money overseas (such as the money earned by selling the game to you, a person in the UK), in order to use it effectively they need to bring it back to the USA. At this point, the UK/EU steps in and takes a huge chunk of the cash being exported from the UK/EU as a tariff, because they don't want the money to leave their shores without getting a cut of it (and to encourage companies to invest in the EU instead of bringing the money back to the USA). That cost ends up being passed on to the consumer.
    Isn't the highest tax in the USA 9,45%? That would mean that even with the highest tax added they'd only be paying the equivalent to 31,83 GBP/45,33EUR in this specific example. That's still quite a big difference, but you're right that's just the way it is with oversea business sometimes.
    Still, the sales tax rates in the states are a dream, I wished they were as low here, too. laugh
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce762,891
    Posted on 23 November 15 at 19:50, Edited on 23 November 15 at 19:57 by ChewieOnIcePermalink
    Hexagonal Cat said:Nice list, cheers for putting it together. Would it be possible in the future for any backwards compatible games to be marked somehow in the listing?Will do!

EDIT: Added (BC) to relevant titles on this list toast
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Pare ESPPare ESP1,243,189
    Posted on 23 November 15 at 20:25Permalink
    MattQuin89 said:Pare ESP said:Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass is also on sale (50% for Gold members).

The question is that I do not know is any car on this pack is required for any achievement? Please, anyone know about this?
    Thanks guys
    Not needed for any achievements.
    many many thanks
  • IBKJJIBKJJ352,802
    Posted on 23 November 15 at 22:37Permalink
    Telltale Collection for me! Hopefully witcher 3 will have a good offer in the weekend!
  • TiagoCostaTiagoCosta202,468
    Posted on 23 November 15 at 22:38Permalink
    Got king's quest, blues as bullets and beyond good and evil HD.
  • Posted on 23 November 15 at 23:44Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:MrProcastinate said:Is this for US-only or worldwide?The regional pricing throughout the article should give you a clue...laughYou´re right and I feel slightly retarded right now... BUT! It´s almost never the same sales in Sweden as in US/GB/Canada/blablabla
  • Posted on 24 November 15 at 09:03, Edited on 24 November 15 at 12:44 by Yummy BaklavaPermalink
    A user on /r/Xbox360 is under the impression that Midnight Club: Los Angeles also includes the South Central Premium Upgrade. He (or she) has two DLC achievements unlocked.

dance

I just bought it to check myself. At least I can sell the disc for a few dollars if it backfires.

It is indeed the Complete Edition, which includes the South Central Premium Upgrade. DLC achievements do unlock.
    I do what I does, I does what I do!
  • F3arIn0culumF3arIn0culum209,672
    Posted on 24 November 15 at 15:45Permalink
    Telltale collection, Beyond Eyes, Q.U.B.E, Lifeless Planet, both new Arkham Knight DLC's, Dishonored Definitive Edition, Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, Blues and Bullets Episode 1, Trials Fusion The Awesome Max Edition, Grim Fandango (PS4), God of War 3 Remastered (PS4) and Witcher 3 Season Pass for me this week. Yay.
    Time was your ally, human. But now it has abandoned you...The Forerunners have returned. This tomb is now yours.
  • SpilnerSpilner772,405
    Posted on 24 November 15 at 18:47Permalink
    Le Compadre said:A user on /r/Xbox360 is under the impression that Midnight Club: Los Angeles also includes the South Central Premium Upgrade. He (or she) has two DLC achievements unlocked.

dance

I just bought it to check myself. At least I can sell the disc for a few dollars if it backfires.

It is indeed the Complete Edition, which includes the South Central Premium Upgrade. DLC achievements do unlock.
    From what I remember there were a couple that could be unlocked without the DLC and only the game's update instead
  • StarlinXStarlinX164,225
    Posted on 25 November 15 at 02:21Permalink
    Sadly, a lot of these games have had BETTER sales in the last few months.
  • Posted on 25 November 15 at 07:13, Edited on 25 November 15 at 08:14 by Yummy BaklavaPermalink
    Spilner said:From what I remember there were a couple that could be unlocked without the DLC and only the game's update insteadThe premium upgrade is included in the complete edition.

This is news. If anyone reads from here on, Midnight Club: Los Angeles is the Complete Edition and it includes the premium upgrade for South Central.

I just unlocked Goin' South, another achievement for the DLC.
    I do what I does, I does what I do!
  • pezboybenpezboyben620,301
    Posted on 27 November 15 at 03:04Permalink
    Chewie thank you for including the backwards compatible notation and thank for the link right to the Xbox store, made it super easy to pick up some cheap games I missed while I had the 360. I appreciate all the work you do!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm303,295
    Posted on 27 November 15 at 03:35Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:Saikred said:Can we ever hope for pricing to be fair for us in the UK?

Now US$43.99 / £41.24

What a rip off =(

It sounds like the tax Nazis like to play games just like everyone else. dance
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.