Windows Phone Forum

Forum for general Windows Phone discussion, from the gaming to everyday use

Windows 10 (Mobile) can install delisted games

AuthorMessage
Psycho2053
Psycho2053
Posted on 25 November 15 at 14:51
I've seen this mentioned on a few statuses and comments but not actually in a full on post.

Further to my post about Babel Rising being potentially delisted, I was going through my download history on my windows 10 mobile device and saw that I had the option to install games that have been delisted and taken off of the marketplace. It seems that like Windows 10 proper, that as long as you have the full licence for the game then you are able to re-install any game.

For example I installed: Rocket Riot, Monster Burner, Uno HD, Galactic Reign, Carcassonne to name but a few.

I knew that this was always the case on Windows 8 (PC) but did not know that it was also true for Mobile.

I hope this helps someone.

P.S.: If anyone wants to boost any of the above games, PM me :-)
MakeMeACoffee
MakeMeACoffee
Posted on 25 November 15 at 14:59
It works with many, but not all - at least in my experience.

For instance secrets & treasure is greyed out and there was another one as well that I can't recall
Psycho2053
Psycho2053
Posted on 25 November 15 at 17:39
Yeah, I saw that with secret and treasure. Ironically it does install on windows 10 PC. (un)Fortunately I have it install on my 925 on WP8.1.
Lvx
Lvx
Posted on 25 November 15 at 22:18
So in theory I could download delisted games when someone who owns those games logs in to my pc? Although that would most likely classify as license transferring.
EddieM1974
EddieM1974
Posted on 11 January 16 at 15:06
Blame Essence said:So in theory I could download delisted games when someone who owns those games logs in to my pc? Although that would most likely classify as license transferring.Yep, you're right. Should also work for win10.
Salsbar
Salsbar
Posted on 17 January 16 at 16:52
Can confirm. Upgraded to Win 10 Mobile and I'm downloading Castlevania Puzzle, Monster Burner, and Bug Village!
Bro Stop Dying
Posted on 24 August 18 at 02:47
Can anyone confirm of it works for the Monopoly games
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.