Game Discussion: Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Forum

Score Hero -Achievement-

AuthorMessage
x InSoMniA o
x InSoMniA o
Posted on 14 June 11 at 14:07, Edited on 14 June 11 at 14:10 by x InSoMniA o
Right, this achievement is the last one I need to complete the game now and it's really frustrating me. I'm trying to get the 325,000 required.

I've spent a long time in practise mode, all though I find playing the song on 'slow' useless (as it's far too easy) and just throws me off when I come to do it in normal speed again.

I play on hyperspeed '2' as I am comfortable with this speed as the charts much easier to read and the speeds not too fast.

The best score I've managed to get is 295,000. On the first section of the song (where the long pause is) my score ranges from 105,000 - 130,000, and I always end up with a score between 270,000-295,000.

I'm using a good star power path, I just can't seem to do this frickin' song!

Any pointers anyone could help me out with?

..different hyperspeed?
..is my score on the first section decent enough?
..am I just going to have to play this song another 100 times?

I don't know, I feel like giving up cry

EDIT: I am playing on expert before anyone asks.
Heartworks
Heartworks
Posted on 14 June 11 at 16:37
I'm not great at GH games (but love'em)

advice given to me by a mate for the high scores

- Play through the song in practice at normal speed, at the end of the song when you get your stats look at your %ages. The lowest %age's are what you need to go back and practive, your highest %ages are where you need to use star power.

Sorry if no help!
Will072
Will072
Posted on 14 June 11 at 20:53
Just wanted to double check which path you are using as that can make a lot of difference.

It can also make a difference if you are following the path but then spend most of the activation at anything less than 8x. You want to make sure that you only activate during points that you will not miss.
x InSoMniA o
x InSoMniA o
Posted on 16 June 11 at 08:01
I'm using this star power path:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSX5GvLqX3o&feature=playe...

Really hate the chord changes on the second half of the song, in practise I can nail them (on normal speed), but then when it comes to doing the achievement I get a little inconsistent.

I'm finding it easier to down strum as apposed to alt strumming as well? Not sure if this is actually making things harder for me.

I guess a lot more practise is needed & consistency will come along with it.
Heartworks
Heartworks
Posted on 16 June 11 at 16:57
x InSoMniA o said:
Really hate the chord changes on the second half of the song, in practise I can nail them (on normal speed), but then when it comes to doing the achievement I get a little inconsistent.
I hear that! I am a lllloooonnnngggg way off of getting any where near 325k for this song but even with tons of practive on this part of the song I can't beat on expert :(
Will072
Will072
Posted on 16 June 11 at 17:03
Here is a link to a good path to use. I chose lazy whammy as I am not sure what your skill level is.

http://slowhero.moto-coda.org/gh3-aerosmith/expert/trai....png

Downstrum FTW too! I only alt strum if it is pretty much impossible to downstrum and even then I still try to downstrum.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.