Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Knight Squad Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 01 December 15 at 18:50
    Please use this thread to discuss the Knight Squad walkthrough
  • SoupaBuoySoupaBuoy625,698
    Posted on 01 December 15 at 21:32
    Hey y'all. I'm the writer for the Knight Squad walkthrough. This is my first WT, so bear with me. I completed it in roughly two days (4 hours-ish) with some difficulty on one of the missions - so it's a reasonably short game and this should be a reasonably short WT!

If you've got any questions while I'm writing just pop them in here and I'll answer as best I can. Thanks!
  • PROrambomatoPROrambomato388,298
    Posted on 02 December 15 at 12:07
    Good luck with your first walkthrough guide. Do you have any idea when the walkthrough will be ready to use?
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,379,890
    Posted on 02 December 15 at 13:25
    PROrambomato said:Good luck with your first walkthrough guide. Do you have any idea when the walkthrough will be ready to use?From the message I got back from him, around 2-3 weeks maybe. Then I just need to proof it wink
  • qwxxqwxx552,696
    Posted on 02 December 15 at 16:11
    I cannot wait. Thanks to all who do these!!
    Posted on 02 December 15 at 18:08
    Dang3R Gaming said:PROrambomato said:Good luck with your first walkthrough guide. Do you have any idea when the walkthrough will be ready to use?From the message I got back from him, around 2-3 weeks maybe. Then I just need to proof it winkAs Dang3R said, I'll be trying to get it in before Christmas at the very max. But considering I don't want it adding to anyone's work around then, I've started already with small bits and will be playing through it again on Friday to remember how I played two or three of the levels.

It doesn't feel like it'll be too much work (famous last words...)
    Posted on 05 December 15 at 02:10
    Okay, so I've written the walkthrough for three of the challenges and recorded video for the Crystalor challenge (which can be found on the achievement page) ready to copy into the system tomorrow.

I've also done the non-challenge achievements to add tomorrow too.

I reckon I'll be done with my bit by the end of the weekend, possibly early-mid next week if anything comes up.

SB
  • RexmitRexmit206,300
    Posted on 13 December 15 at 17:35
    How's your progress going SB? can't wait to see the guide once you're done. :-)
    Rexmit
    Posted on 13 December 15 at 18:01
    I underestimated how much I'd have to write (and overestimated how much time I'd have)

I'll have it submitted for review tonight by the latest as I'm just finishing up the challenge stuff now and the rest will take about half an hour to write, I think.

Sorry for the delay - my concept of time isn't great as I didn't know how much I'd want to do!

SB
    Posted on 14 December 15 at 01:49
    Just submitted it for review - it's fairly wordy and may need cleaning up a little bit, but the body of it is done now so just going to be waiting on feedback and any extra changes that may need to go in etc. :)

SB
  • Information
  • N18p73pwn3rN18p73pwn3r1,857,909
    Posted on 05 February 16 at 21:27
    allright, i am not quite sure how you did it but 4-8 hours is a completion for an easy game or for an incredible guide if it is a hard game...
    as the guide is not bad, the game certainly is hard and i don´t think that anyone can beat this game in under 8 hours, more like 8 - 15 considering the challenges are sometimes EXTREMELY tough ^^ but well, i stay corrected if i am mistaken ^^
    fear my moobie wrath! its nipplepwner for a reason!!
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,379,890
    Posted on 05 February 16 at 21:31
    N18p73pwn3r said:allright, i am not quite sure how you did it but 4-8 hours is a completion for an easy game or for an incredible guide if it is a hard game...
    as the guide is not bad, the game certainly is hard and i don´t think that anyone can beat this game in under 8 hours, more like 8 - 15 considering the challenges are sometimes EXTREMELY tough ^^ but well, i stay corrected if i am mistaken ^^
    I completed it in under 8. Challenges are the longest part, but really with any kind of method to each one, it should take 2-4 hours depending on minor luck to get them done.
    Posted on 05 February 16 at 21:44, Edited on 23 April 19 at 13:46 by SoupaBuoy
    Before I wrote the guide my play-time when I'd got 100% was 3hrs 34mins (yes I wrote it down). I put the time estimate based on the fact that despite the challenges I got it done in this time - but I accept that the challenges are hard and will take people a varying amount of time.

To be honest, once you have the worms and trolls done, the rest is mostly pattern-based. The worms and trolls are the only one I can't load up and successfully complete time after time. But with them if you're steady with it and don't get greedy it's totally doable. The other four challenges have a pattern to them or shouldn't need a pattern (like the Dark Knight one) and should only take a couple of runs if you follow the strategies.

I'm also bearing in mind that when I 100%'d this I actually spent the majority of my time on Crystalor - a challenge that I can now do with a 95% success rate using the patterns I learnt and wrote up on here. Given that where I spent most of my time is now actually simplified, I'm pretty confident I could run the game in under 3 hours for a completion.

That's where the 4-8 hours comes from. My time for completion roughly doubled to allow for the difficulty of the challenges.
  • RadicalSniper99RadicalSniper991,765,257
    Posted on 05 February 16 at 22:03
    N18p73pwn3r said:allright, i am not quite sure how you did it but 4-8 hours is a completion for an easy game or for an incredible guide if it is a hard game...
    I definitely think the 4 - 8 hours for completion is fair. The grindy achievements in single player/multiplayer mode can be whittled down to nothing with the right setup, while the Challenges just take a little time to get used to the patterns of each enemy. I personally spent a little more time on the Crystal and Dragon bosses, but that might have been an hour total to figure those two out.
  • Shh I am BatmanShh I am Batman1,185,192
    Posted on 08 February 16 at 17:25
    My time-in-game stood at 3 hours 1 minute, full completion. 8-15 sounds just a little far-fetched, unless player skill really does have that level of variance.
    "It's not that I can, and others can't. It's that I will, and others won't."
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.