The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 1st, 2015

• Posted on 01 December 15 at 23:13
    I REALLY need the Painkiller DLC to go on sale...
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,419,190
    Posted on 01 December 15 at 23:18
    Never got around to the first Darksiders, for $1.99 I'd be dumb not to grab it. Same with Destroy All Humans. I still have the old OXM demo disc I played the first one on, at $3.99 I can't pass it up.
  • gobey17gobey17895,638
    Posted on 01 December 15 at 23:19
    I played the first Syberia after getting them both on sale last year I believe on Steam when I fancied playing a few point & clicks (though wish I didn't had I known it come to the xbox as the achievements would of been a nice incentive cry).

It was okay, though in comparison to games like Broken Sword and Indiana Jones that I've played it was lacking somewhat in interesting characters and the plot didn't engage me as much as I hoped. Visually, for the time it has some impressive backdrops and for that price you won't feel like you've been cheated. And I haven't even got around to the second yet so maybe I be tempted to get it again!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead678,164
    Posted on 01 December 15 at 23:21, Edited on 01 December 15 at 23:31 by HolyHalfDead
    Dark Death 90 said:I REALLY need the Painkiller DLC to go on sale...80% off the game and 50% off all the add-ons - XBL Sale Roundup: July 22nd, 2014 UPDATED. City Critters had only been out 10 days!

And as some may remember, Medieval Horror for Painkiller Hell & Damnation, Full Metal Rocket for Painkiller Hell & Damnation and The Clock Strikes Meat Night for Painkiller Hell & Damnation were all available for free on 14th Sep 2013 ;)
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • WickedDeathWickedDeath540,959
    Posted on 01 December 15 at 23:21
    I never knew about a flag filter LOL shows how I pay attention doesn't it? I guess I should go look around a bit more and set things to show me these things.

40 points is a sizable achievement, still 960 would be ok, it was the 100 point ones that I was worried about, that and the online multiplayer because I bet there is zero players playing this.

Think I'll pass but thanks for the heads up peoples
  • RadicalKoopaRadicalKoopa669,555
    Posted on 01 December 15 at 23:24
    Does anyone know if LA Cops has online multiplayer? Looks interesting.
  • Posted on 01 December 15 at 23:39
    Stay away from Amy. Stay far, far away from Amy.

You'd have to pay me to play that giant turd.

Actually, now I feel bad since that is an insult to turds everywhere.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 December 15 at 00:07
    Destroy all humans is a great deal. That's expensive used.
    Obtained the shadows rushed me.
  • Posted on 02 December 15 at 01:09
    Might get de Blob 2. Is it any good?
    As for Destroy All Humans, it's not worth the used price but worth the few bucks it costs here.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,419,190
    Posted on 02 December 15 at 01:16
    Mak Me A Samich said:Might get de Blob 2. Is it any good?
    As for Destroy All Humans, it's not worth the used price but worth the few bucks it costs here.
    It lacks replayability in my opinion, but for $4, I definitely recommend it.
  • Otouto72Otouto721,527,861
    Posted on 02 December 15 at 01:18
    I shall definately be getting the Syberia games.
  • gobey17gobey17895,638
    Posted on 02 December 15 at 01:19
    Mak Me A Samich said:Might get de Blob 2. Is it any good?
    Its bright and quirky and the whole gameplay mechanic of coloring objects reminded me of Mario Sunshine of the gamecube if you ever played it. Only downside is the levels have a time limit annoyingly, and even though the majority of them give you enough time it takes away from the leisurely pace that it should be. But its good enough at that price and quite a long game too so you're getting quite a bit for your money. :)
  • Posted on 02 December 15 at 01:21, Edited on 02 December 15 at 01:25 by Dark Death 90
    HolyHa1fDead said:Dark Death 90 said:I REALLY need the Painkiller DLC to go on sale...80% off the game and 50% off all the add-ons - XBL Sale Roundup: July 22nd, 2014 UPDATED. City Critters had only been out 10 days!

And as some may remember, Medieval Horror for Painkiller Hell & Damnation, Full Metal Rocket for Painkiller Hell & Damnation and The Clock Strikes Meat Night for Painkiller Hell & Damnation were all available for free on 14th Sep 2013 ;)
    And how exactly does this do me any good NOW? Seriously, there is nothing more useless than telling me sales that have already ended.

Also, I never saw those DLC for free, and never saw any reports on it, so I am skeptical at best. Either way, does not matter even slightly now.
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
  • Posted on 02 December 15 at 01:29
    Blah!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 December 15 at 01:38
    Siberia 1 & 2 for $6 is a great deal, and Deadfall Adventures is good fun for the price as well, if you don't mind the unobtainable.
  • xMARCxxMARCx383,177
    Posted on 02 December 15 at 01:42
    IRISH PATRIOT x said:Awesome, I've been waiting on the first Syberia to go on sale. rockTHIS - I've never seen these games on sale and have been waiting for so long! clap
    $3 is nothing to sneeze at!
    Don't buy new games... if you can wait 9 months and clean out your backlog you'll save $50.
  • mkdfanmkdfan898,768
    Posted on 02 December 15 at 02:44
    Finally picked up Darksiders 1, I hope it's as fun as Darksiders 2!
    Also picked up Syberia, it reminds me of oldschool point & click games and gives me a feeling of nostalgia even though I've never played it.
  • APB PlaysAPB Plays469,227
    Posted on 02 December 15 at 02:50
    Tasty Pastry said:Any recommendations for/against Syberia and the sequel?For what it's worth, I thought both games felt painfully outdated—and that's coming from a lifelong fan of adventure games. The stories didn't really grip me, and while the art style is fantastic, the graphics are pretty obviously fifteen years old. Easy achievements, though.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 December 15 at 02:59, Edited on 02 December 15 at 03:00 by
    I don't believe Painkiller FINALLY went on sale again. They can sell the damn thing for $6, but they refuse to simply drop the MSRP to $15. $30 for an old port of an even older PC game is insane.
    100% Onyx MAX on Halo: Reach 6/19/2012: 230+ DAYS playtime, 69+ million credits. 1.4 million FF kills.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead678,164
    Posted on 02 December 15 at 03:00, Edited on 02 December 15 at 03:10 by HolyHalfDead
    Dark Death 90 said:HolyHa1fDead said:Dark Death 90 said:I REALLY need the Painkiller DLC to go on sale...80% off the game and 50% off all the add-ons - XBL Sale Roundup: July 22nd, 2014 UPDATED. City Critters had only been out 10 days!

And how exactly does this do me any good NOW? Seriously, there is nothing more useless than telling me sales that have already ended.

Also, I never saw those DLC for free, and never saw any reports on it, so I am skeptical at best. Either way, does not matter even slightly now.
    Any bargin hunter would know that the details of past sales are very useful. For example, in the Black Friday sale many games were 50% off. However I know they have been on sale several times before for 75% off. Armed with that info you can decide if you are going to buy it, or hope for a better deal. Now you know that all of the add-ons have been 50% off in the past, so if they are 25% off next week you might decide to wait until they are 50% off again, but if they are 50% off you should probably grab them.

Also if something has never been on sale, it is a good indication it never will. So it is fairly safe just to pay the normal price without worrying about if you could have got it cheaper if you waited long enough.

You aren't going to find a site announcing all future sales, so the past is all you have to go on. I find xbldb.com to be very useful when deciding if I should buy something now, or wait - http://xbldb.com/offers/006-513 A rather boring example, but take a look at this one for GTA4 - http://xbldb.com/offers/000-75a laugh The Black Friday sale was the most expensive it has been in almost two years!

A quick search will find lots of reports of those add-ons having been available for free, for example http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/free-games-dlc-oman-marke...
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.