Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Review: Just Cause 3

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic646,222
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 16:26
    Michael Bay would be proud of these explosions

Please click here to read the story: TA Review: Just Cause 3
  • terrett101terrett101591,205
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 16:29
    Do you really think 100% can be done in 50-60 hours? Seems really low for me, given that JC2 required 70+ hours for hitting 75%. Do we know if the 100% is tied only to liberating settlements/provinces, or does it also require 5 cogs in every challenge, and collecting all vehicles?
  • TheGearGuardianTheGearGuardian1,076,235
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 16:31
    got a lol out of the;
    "The new wingsuit allows you to dart through the air at great speeds" image. Overall looks like a buy, thanks for the review.
  • MattQuin89MattQuin89695,024
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 16:49
    Surprised the loading screens weren't included in the negatives, considering you mentioned it a few times!

Looking forward to getting this for Christmas dance
  • Posted on 08 December 15 at 16:55
    GAH CAN FINALS BE OVER ALREADY!?!?!?!
  • HonchoHoncho959,189
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 16:59, Edited on 08 December 15 at 17:03 by Honcho
    At the current state a 4/5 seems too high in my eyes. I'm currently playing and the framedrops render some situations nearly unplayable. Very frustrating that yet another developer and/or publisher shits on it's customers and wants to cash in for the holidays rather than spending the extra three month of development time this game is in dire need of!

Edit: Not to forget the constant server drops and log-in screens (yes, I know you can just turn it off by disconnecting your Xbox - great solution roll )
  • matdanmatdan862,972
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 17:04
    Weird the frame-rate and loading issues every other site is mentioning are not counted as negatives at the end of this review.

I am glad I gave this a miss, maybe after a while this will be at a point where it is at a playable level. Don't really fancy any game free-roaming game with extensive load-screens and frame-rate drops especially a game that focuses heavily on action.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • DaveKineticDaveKinetic646,222
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 17:07, Edited on 08 December 15 at 17:10 by DaveKinetic
    matdan12 said:Weird the frame-rate and loading issues every other site is mentioning are not counted as negatives at the end of this review. It says "Bugs need to be addressed". I mentioned the various bugs in the review a couple of times and again in the closing summary, so I didn't feel the need to list everything individually again.
    TA Social Manager | TA Newshound | TA Community & Events Team | @DaveKinetic | YouTube DaveKinetic
  • The AllslayerThe Allslayer1,414,730
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 17:07
    terrett101 said:Do you really think 100% can be done in 50-60 hours? Seems really low for me, given that JC2 required 70+ hours for hitting 75%. Do we know if the 100% is tied only to liberating settlements/provinces, or does it also require 5 cogs in every challenge, and collecting all vehicles?My playtime is 59 hours, that includes a few idle hours and a few just messing around. 100% requires you to liberate all regions, find all collectables, collect all vehicles and earn 5 gears on every challenge.
  • terrett101terrett101591,205
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 17:13
    The Allslayer said:terrett101 said:Do you really think 100% can be done in 50-60 hours? Seems really low for me, given that JC2 required 70+ hours for hitting 75%. Do we know if the 100% is tied only to liberating settlements/provinces, or does it also require 5 cogs in every challenge, and collecting all vehicles?My playtime is 59 hours, that includes a few idle hours and a few just messing around. 100% requires you to liberate all regions, find all collectables, collect all vehicles and earn 5 gears on every challenge.Yeah, I think this is going to be a 100+ hour completion for that 100% achievement, not to mention the difficulty curve with some of the tougher challenges.
  • Posted on 08 December 15 at 17:22, Edited on 08 December 15 at 17:24 by TrueAchievement
    matdan12 said:Weird the frame-rate and loading issues every other site is mentioning are not counted as negatives at the end of this review. I've played this for 20+ hours and haven't seen any of that.

Good review and echo's my thoughts.

While the destruction is undeniably brilliant fun, it is starting to get a bit repetitive for me and I'm only at 24% completion...
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV3,216,772
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 17:25
    terrett101 said:The Allslayer said:terrett101 said:Do you really think 100% can be done in 50-60 hours? Seems really low for me, given that JC2 required 70+ hours for hitting 75%. Do we know if the 100% is tied only to liberating settlements/provinces, or does it also require 5 cogs in every challenge, and collecting all vehicles?My playtime is 59 hours, that includes a few idle hours and a few just messing around. 100% requires you to liberate all regions, find all collectables, collect all vehicles and earn 5 gears on every challenge.Yeah, I think this is going to be a 100+ hour completion for that 100% achievement, not to mention the difficulty curve with some of the tougher challenges.Well I like how people on this website put bullshit completion times, its getting as bad as x360a's optimistic completion times! Someone claims they 1000g it in 40 hours! Someone also claims to have 1000g sonic racing transformed in 1 hour! (only if they hacked it!)
  • Posted on 08 December 15 at 17:25
    terrett101 said:The Allslayer said:terrett101 said:Do you really think 100% can be done in 50-60 hours? Seems really low for me, given that JC2 required 70+ hours for hitting 75%. Do we know if the 100% is tied only to liberating settlements/provinces, or does it also require 5 cogs in every challenge, and collecting all vehicles?My playtime is 59 hours, that includes a few idle hours and a few just messing around. 100% requires you to liberate all regions, find all collectables, collect all vehicles and earn 5 gears on every challenge.Yeah, I think this is going to be a 100+ hour completion for that 100% achievement, not to mention the difficulty curve with some of the tougher challenges.But he completed it in 59 hours....
  • YDSYDS225,576
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 17:28, Edited on 08 December 15 at 17:32 by YDS
    terrett101 said:Do you really think 100% can be done in 50-60 hours? Seems really low for me, given that JC2 required 70+ hours for hitting 75%. Do we know if the 100% is tied only to liberating settlements/provinces, or does it also require 5 cogs in every challenge, and collecting all vehicles?Definitely possible if you not get distracted by something that's not needed for 100% Completion
    You get used to the mechanics pretty fast, and once you got idea, you'll be liberating some of the small cities within a minute
    The part that took the most time was getting all gears, since there are a lot of challenges you most likely have to play several times which can be a little frustrating (Especially the hardest wingsuit courses)
    My game time is at around 52 hours, but you can definitely finish the game completely within 40-45 hours. I got distracted way to often flying around with the wingsuit, just to enjoy the graphics
    Overall a pretty nice, but a little bit to short in my opinion
    If there were to be a coop or even multi-player mode, that would easily double my playtime

EDIT: Totally forgot about the collectibles, but they're not that hard either. Took something between 1-2 hours, after liberating all provinces. The game is helping you in many ways doing so, since you can filter anything with your map
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 17:30
    terrett101 said:The Allslayer said:terrett101 said:Do you really think 100% can be done in 50-60 hours? Seems really low for me, given that JC2 required 70+ hours for hitting 75%. Do we know if the 100% is tied only to liberating settlements/provinces, or does it also require 5 cogs in every challenge, and collecting all vehicles?My playtime is 59 hours, that includes a few idle hours and a few just messing around. 100% requires you to liberate all regions, find all collectables, collect all vehicles and earn 5 gears on every challenge.Yeah, I think this is going to be a 100+ hour completion for that 100% achievement, not to mention the difficulty curve with some of the tougher challenges.I've completed it too, forgot to mention that lol. I don't really remember JC 2 but I think it has more stuff to do than JC 3 does.
  • HonchoHoncho959,189
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 17:32
    TrueAchievement said:matdan12 said:Weird the frame-rate and loading issues every other site is mentioning are not counted as negatives at the end of this review. I've played this for 20+ hours and haven't seen any of that.

DigitalFoundry mentioned it ("lowest recorded drop occurs on Xbox One, where a massive explosion sends us plummeting to 20fps, while PS4 plateaus to 24fps in entirely different circumstances") so did Kotaku and IGN - and every single of the six persons I know personally who have the game.

You must be incredibly lucky to not have these...

I also had loading times up to 4min for a challenge.
  • Posted on 08 December 15 at 17:39
    100% on this is way way easier than on 2 there is only 228 collectibles 2 had like 700 or so. The bases are extremely easy to destroy considering there is rocket launchers at every one and if you die you re spawn right next to it.

Not to mention far less missions easier navigation 40-50 hours if you stick to achievements 60-80 if you meander/suck no way it should take over 100.

I personally prefer 2 the fact that all the best abilities are locked behind bs challenges that are easy to fail then take forever to load has overshadowed the repetitive fun i was having blowing up bases .
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 17:46, Edited on 08 December 15 at 17:50 by The Allslayer
    NO1KEV said:terrett101 said:The Allslayer said:terrett101 said:Do you really think 100% can be done in 50-60 hours? Seems really low for me, given that JC2 required 70+ hours for hitting 75%. Do we know if the 100% is tied only to liberating settlements/provinces, or does it also require 5 cogs in every challenge, and collecting all vehicles?My playtime is 59 hours, that includes a few idle hours and a few just messing around. 100% requires you to liberate all regions, find all collectables, collect all vehicles and earn 5 gears on every challenge.Yeah, I think this is going to be a 100+ hour completion for that 100% achievement, not to mention the difficulty curve with some of the tougher challenges.Well I like how people on this website put bullshit completion times, its getting as bad as x360a's optimistic completion times! Someone claims they 1000g it in 40 hours! Someone also claims to have 1000g sonic racing transformed in 1 hour! (only if they hacked it!)Well it's 40-50 hours and someone has done it in 46 so that's not exactly bullshit. But yes some are just nonsense luckily they're easily ignored.
  • Paper21Paper21814,482
    Posted on 08 December 15 at 17:58
    I wouldn't even rate it a 3/5 in its current state. It's unplayable half the time. There's more slowdown here than a 1990 NES game.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 December 15 at 20:31, Edited on 08 December 15 at 20:36 by
    Aquily said:TrueAchievement said:matdan12 said:Weird the frame-rate and loading issues every other site is mentioning are not counted as negatives at the end of this review. I've played this for 20+ hours and haven't seen any of that.

DigitalFoundry mentioned it ("lowest recorded drop occurs on Xbox One, where a massive explosion sends us plummeting to 20fps, while PS4 plateaus to 24fps in entirely different circumstances") so did Kotaku and IGN - and every single of the six persons I know personally who have the game.

You must be incredibly lucky to not have these...

I also had loading times up to 4min for a challenge.
    You really shouldn't take notice of what Digital Foundry (they are a joke) says. For starters there are some frame rate drops, but if far from unplayable, and the whole 4 minute load times for challenges is totally BS, it's around 1 minute.

The longest load times is when you first load up the game which can take up to 2 minutes, but if you don't exit the game when you're finished and just turn off the console, you can auto resume which will take 30sec to sign back into the servers.

PS...Maybe you and people like you who are commenting on the game should play it first before giving your expert analysis on it based off of other people opinions, just a thought.
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads