Game Discussion: Rare Replay Forum

Jet Force Gemini Achievements

AuthorMessage
Wozzby
Wozzby
Posted on 11 December 15 at 03:45
Are any achievements in Jet Force Gemini missable and have all of the glitched achievements been fixed? I want to complete all of the games in chronological order and the lack of a guide or knowledge of missables for this game is holding me up.
Aaron45653 H20
Posted on 11 December 15 at 04:44
None of them are missable, and I had no issue with any glitched achievements. For the floyd achievement, make sure to get bronze or higher on every challenge (merit doesn't count). If you need a guide, gamefaqs can serve well. I used one of them to finish the mop up at the end when my previous playthroughs failed me
Wozzby
Wozzby
Posted on 11 December 15 at 05:54
Thanks. Do the GameFAQs guides, or at least the one you used, include everything necessary to earn all of the achievements? Usually the issue with using GameFAQs guides is they don't take those into account.

It shouldn't be too big of a deal if they don't anyway, as knowing there's no missables will let me play it without worrying, and I've heard it's a great game. Thanks again.
Gleaming Cube
Gleaming Cube
Posted on 11 December 15 at 17:17
ZER0 5up3rh3r0 said:Thanks. Do the GameFAQs guides, or at least the one you used, include everything necessary to earn all of the achievements? Usually the issue with using GameFAQs guides is they don't take those into account.

It shouldn't be too big of a deal if they don't anyway, as knowing there's no missables will let me play it without worrying, and I've heard it's a great game. Thanks again.
Yeah like Aaron says, you should be fine with regards to the achievements. I never encountered any glitches. Just make sure you use good gaming practices. Saving then exiting to the Rare Replay hub, rather than just switching off etc.

It IS great, it's my all time favourite game in fact. The controls don't transfer across very well to the Xbox by today's standards but once you get past that I'm sure you'll love it.
Does this smell like chloroform to you?
Aaron45653 H20
Posted on 12 December 15 at 00:43, Edited on 12 December 15 at 00:46 by Aaron45653 H20
Gleaming Cube said:ZER0 5up3rh3r0 said:Thanks. Do the GameFAQs guides, or at least the one you used, include everything necessary to earn all of the achievements? Usually the issue with using GameFAQs guides is they don't take those into account.

Yeah like Aaron says, you should be fine with regards to the achievements. I never encountered any glitches. Just make sure you use good gaming practices. Saving then exiting to the Rare Replay hub, rather than just switching off etc.

It IS great, it's my all time favourite game in fact. The controls don't transfer across very well to the Xbox by today's standards but once you get past that I'm sure you'll love it.
The gamefaqs guides are all from the N64 days, so there's no mention of achievements at all. That said, almost all of the snapshots are cumulative (weapons, tribals, ship pieces) and are more or less required for the snapshot/achievement to complete the game. The extra achievements that are not related to the snapshots are covered well in the solutions for each individual achievement, so they shouldn't be a problem either

As far as controls go, there's an updated control scheme that you can use in the options menu (hold down start button and go to options) than converts the controls from the one-stick N64 controller to a more-friendly two-stick control setup. Works wonders, although I do miss having a Z button lol. Easily one of my top 5 games of all time. It took about 12 hours for me to finish it off, but shouldn't be much longer even without knowledge of the game from the past. I'm actually finding it hard to focus on other games in the collections, rather than go back and replay it again.
Octobot Super
Octobot Super
Posted on 16 December 15 at 23:37
I can't wait to start Jet Force Gemini, I played through it a bunch of times when it when it was first released and I loved it. I just hope it stands up to my memory of it. I will definitely be using the Nintendo Power guide that I still have.
ABiWingedNinja
Posted on 13 September 18 at 00:45
For the Exterminator achievement, do kills by Floyd (Player 2) still count? Or do kills done that way work against the achievement progress?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.