Game Discussion: Lost Planet 2 Forum

Lost Planet 2

AuthorMessage
redlink13
Posted on 09 April 11 at 17:15
For the achievement where you're supposed to get all of the 'noms', are the ones that require you to play other games required for the achievement?
Snipers Suck -,-
WeisGuy9
WeisGuy9
Posted on 10 April 11 at 12:36
Yes, they are required. But actually you can just plug in the game and start it up. As soon as it does the initial autosave before even starting the game you can quit out. Just have that initial set-up save will count in LP2 for having a save in that game. If you have Gamefly or some similar service, you can avoid having to buy those games. If I remember right, you need the demo, LP Colonies, Street Fighter IV and Devil May Cry 4. I can confirm that this works just fine.
Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
redlink13
Posted on 11 April 11 at 07:01
Ahh thanks man, this'll save a few hours :D
Snipers Suck -,-
thejewk
thejewk
Posted on 11 April 11 at 15:40
It is my understanding that the 'Special' noms are not required for the achievements at all. I'm pretty sure that someone at Capcom confirmed this.
WeisGuy9
WeisGuy9
Posted on 13 April 11 at 09:52
Not that any of this really matters since you will never, ever get all of the noms due to the leaderboard noms. I also don't know how it will be possible to get the community event noms.
Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
thejewk
thejewk
Posted on 13 April 11 at 15:20
The community event noms are in the same catagory as the game save ones and are therefore not required for the achievement. As you quite rightly point out though you do need to be number 1 on the leaderboard for one of the training missions so good look.

I expect to cap out my noms at about 90% and be happy with that.
redlink13
Posted on 14 April 11 at 11:36
It's stupid on how they don't have a weekly/ monthly leaderboard, and thanks guys for telling me this :D
Snipers Suck -,-
Dat Boi Treezy
Posted on 02 June 11 at 19:17
The World Record Noms are still doable by the most patient & determined players. I set a world record a while ago and it's just been beat recently.

I'm on route to maxing out this game (hopefully) but I wont be able to unlock all of the special noms as i dont have some of the required games. I will find out and post about it once my mountain climb-grind on this game comes to an end... one day.
"Just pick up the Wu-Tang double CD and you will get all of the education you need" - RZA
redlink13
Posted on 02 June 11 at 19:40
Dat Boi Treezy said:
The World Record Noms are still doable by the most patient & determined players. I set a world record a while ago and it's just been beat recently.

I'm on route to maxing out this game (hopefully) but I wont be able to unlock all of the special noms as i dont have some of the required games. I will find out and post about it once my mountain climb-grind on this game comes to an end... one day.
I've recently earned the world leaderboard nom, at my friends expense :L, but i cannot actually be bothered to do the other noms! it's gonna be a long grind
Snipers Suck -,-
Dat Boi Treezy
Posted on 02 June 11 at 20:03
I'd seriously recommend going for it. You're not wrong that it's one hell of a long grind but it's such piss easy stuff to work on, again it's just majorly time consuming.

With the World Record Nom knocked out, the potential to unlock all the achieves for this game should look sweeter then ever! Now get to it! toast
"Just pick up the Wu-Tang double CD and you will get all of the education you need" - RZA
redlink13
Posted on 02 June 11 at 21:28
Dat Boi Treezy said:
I'd seriously recommend going for it. You're not wrong that it's one hell of a long grind but it's such piss easy stuff to work on, again it's just majorly time consuming.

With the World Record Nom knocked out, the potential to unlock all the achieves for this game should look sweeter then ever! Now get to it! toast
I'll probably get to it then compute, those weapon noms and VS noms are just a massive pain though laugh
Snipers Suck -,-
thejewk
thejewk
Posted on 22 April 12 at 12:50
If you fancy running some chapters at some point hit me up. I am never going to max this out but there are some things I want to do and would be happy to level a few classes and finish the secret route so I can get my extreme difficulty achievement.
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 10 May 12 at 16:12
When I first got this game from my understanding they were going to regularly reset leaderboards to help with the noms for them, guess I thought wrong...
Your achievements are belong to us!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.