Game Discussion: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Forum

Halo MCC - Speedruns!

AuthorMessage
Palesius
Palesius
Posted on 29 August 18 at 01:21
You sure you didn't save and quit in the "final area"? That has never worked, it will finish the level but not upload the time to halo waypoint.
oONeonDemonOo
oONeonDemonOo
Posted on 29 August 18 at 02:53
I had a look at this earlier, and it seems that as long as you dont save and quit more than ONCE for EACH checkpoints (except of course the final area checkpoint in which you are not allowed at all to save and quit) , you should be fine. The timer start to mess up if you save and quit TWICE on the same checkpoint, you will notice a "big jump" in the timer when you come back after the 2nd save and quit.

At least its what happened to me in the 3-4 tries i did. So nothing is confirmed i would say.
IMC
IMC
Posted on 29 August 18 at 03:21
I was doing the same thing I did throughout Halo 1, but was getting the jump in time either way, it may require some more research and investigating to know for sure.

Still need to test what happens if you sign out of XBL instead of save and quit, along with if you just dashboard the game.
OperativeEmeral
Posted on 29 August 18 at 04:24
I'm still looking for some help with Monopolized if anyone can help out. I'll trade help with any other game I currently own.
You ever wonder why we're here?
Segendary Ty
Segendary Ty
Posted on 29 August 18 at 10:56
Once you saved you can just dashboard and then continue as well. Don't use save & quit on the last checkpoint though it won't work.
MR MITT3NS
MR MITT3NS
Posted on 29 August 18 at 16:03
oONeonDemonOo said:
I had a look at this earlier, and it seems that as long as you dont save and quit more than ONCE for EACH checkpoints (except of course the final area checkpoint in which you are not allowed at all to save and quit) , you should be fine. The timer start to mess up if you save and quit TWICE on the same checkpoint, you will notice a "big jump" in the timer when you come back after the 2nd save and quit.

At least its what happened to me in the 3-4 tries i did. So nothing is confirmed i would say.
^^^I confirmed this above. Oddly enough the first Save and Quit doesn't add any time but afterward it seems to jump up by an arbitrary amount. I also confirmed just abandoning the Save/Quit method all together.

Rather than save and quit, just dashboard [Xbox Button>scroll to Halo MCC>Start button>Quit]. Open Halo back up and Resume from the Halo 2 Campaign screen. This has worked the couple of times I tried it. I assume the same rules are still in place for the last checkpoint in the mission, so it probably still won't work there...

Let me know if anyone else can confirm what I mentioned above.
IMC
IMC
Posted on 29 August 18 at 16:25
Just tested it on my end, dashboarding works provided you never hit save and quit to begin with.
SPEEDY MCC
SPEEDY MCC
Posted on 30 August 18 at 00:24
Can anyone confirm that the regret god despawn was patched
zHalcyonDays
zHalcyonDays
Posted on 30 August 18 at 06:57
Could we not do these speedruns offline solo? I have the disk version and this is how I did the Halo 4 Spartan Ops after that got patched ages ago
oONeonDemonOo
oONeonDemonOo
Posted on 30 August 18 at 07:35
zMrsMakda said:
Could we not do these speedruns offline solo? I have the disk version and this is how I did the Halo 4 Spartan Ops after that got patched ages ago
Yes this should work for sure, but you will have to check if your mission time was registered when you come back online. (Can use halo waypoint)
zHalcyonDays
zHalcyonDays
Posted on 31 August 18 at 10:16, Edited on 31 August 18 at 10:19 by zHalcyonDays
Oh so for these specific achievements you need to have a time posted online? Offline/local stored times aren’t registered or used for the achievement progress?

Oh and while I’m at it, just gunna say thanks for those dedicated few gamers that helped the community by sharing these checkpoints. I’ve benefited from this and managed to get all LASO achievements because of the gamers that unselfishly shared them with me. So yea, thanks :)
oONeonDemonOo
oONeonDemonOo
Posted on 31 August 18 at 15:10
zMrsMakda said:
Oh so for these specific achievements you need to have a time posted online? Offline/local stored times aren’t registered or used for the achievement progress?

Oh and while I’m at it, just gunna say thanks for those dedicated few gamers that helped the community by sharing these checkpoints. I’ve benefited from this and managed to get all LASO achievements because of the gamers that unselfishly shared them with me. So yea, thanks :)
You could try to speedrun one mission offline and check if the time got registered on halo waypoint (if its your best time) once you log back online. Im not sure at all if it works or not but anyway you need to be online to pop an achievement on xbox one.

And you are welcome! Me and the others laso checkpoints owners was happy to help the community with those achievements toast
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 31 August 18 at 17:17
zMrsMakda said:
Wait, after the patch you did the spartan ops glitch?
ShDwRpTr16
ShDwRpTr16
Posted on 01 September 18 at 03:43
Just ran some Halo 2 speedruns to try out the changes, and the worst part is definitely the carbine's fire rate being decreased. It's not only my favorite weapon, but also the one I use the most in my runs. Really sucks that they nerfed it. Overall, this update is terrible in my opinion. They could have at least threw us PvE players a bone with firefight or Reach's campaign. Oh well.
zHalcyonDays
zHalcyonDays
Posted on 01 September 18 at 11:41, Edited on 01 September 18 at 11:43 by zHalcyonDays
J4CKA1 said:
zMrsMakda said:
Wait, after the patch you did the spartan ops glitch?
Yep. Look at my achievements, I got all Spartan Ops on 14th May 2015 at 11:30 timestamped. Basically they patched the glitch so I deliberately didn’t install the patch, played offline, met requirements for the achievements and when I came back online they popped as soon as I got on. So I presume that the time stamp I got was the time I got my profile back online. I don’t think you’ll be able to do this now though as Spartan Ops was an update itself, so to delete all updates would delete the DLC? Dunno. All I know is, I was not about to play those bloody Spartan Ops legit laugh

Edit: I’ll try out speedrunning a level on Monday offline to see if the time gets updated when I come back online. I post on here when I get around to it
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 01 September 18 at 12:57
An ok. Well, guess I have to grind those legit facepalm
JUSTABULLET360
Posted on 01 September 18 at 18:27
I want to do this and happy to help others too add me GT: JUSTABULLET360
BlackRainAR556
Posted on 02 September 18 at 03:36
SPEEDY MCC said:
Can anyone confirm that the regret god despawn was patched
I had a lot of trouble with the regret god despawn after the patch but it does still work. For me I had to stand in a specific spot on the gondola for the phantom to despawn. If your facing the phantom go on the left side that goes down to the buttom. It took me hours to figure out but this seemed to work for me and I finally achieved Monopolized.
PliantBoat33
PliantBoat33
Posted on 13 September 18 at 03:09
I just got Nagato Makes Moving Easy. Only Monopolized left. Can someone good at Halo 2 help me get Monopolized. Almost complete.
xIx JaKe xIx
xIx JaKe xIx
Posted on 16 September 18 at 07:42
I just finished Halo 2 legendary in 2 hrs 57mins, and the achievement didn't unlock. I checked the times over and over and it was definitely under 3 hours (176 mins and 58 seconds). Is there something I might've done wrong? I didn't use any skulls that would count against the time, I didn't dashboard out on the last checkpoint, and I checked the time on in game leaderboards and on halo waypoint and it looks like all my times registered.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.