Game Discussion: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Forum

Halo MCC - Speedruns!

AuthorMessage
Yazite
286,094
Yazite
Posted on 16 September 18 at 08:16
xIx JaKe xIx said:
I just finished Halo 2 legendary in 2 hrs 57mins, and the achievement didn't unlock. I checked the times over and over and it was definitely under 3 hours (176 mins and 58 seconds). Is there something I might've done wrong? I didn't use any skulls that would count against the time, I didn't dashboard out on the last checkpoint, and I checked the time on in game leaderboards and on halo waypoint and it looks like all my times registered.
Did you do those prologue missions? They are required too, even if they have no time.
Wake me, when you need me.
xIx JaKe xIx
311,900
xIx JaKe xIx
Posted on 16 September 18 at 08:26
Yazite said:
xIx JaKe xIx said:
I just finished Halo 2 legendary in 2 hrs 57mins, and the achievement didn't unlock. I checked the times over and over and it was definitely under 3 hours (176 mins and 58 seconds). Is there something I might've done wrong? I didn't use any skulls that would count against the time, I didn't dashboard out on the last checkpoint, and I checked the time on in game leaderboards and on halo waypoint and it looks like all my times registered.
Did you do those prologue missions? They are required too, even if they have no time.
Yeah I did, that was my first thought too. I just did it again and timed it, still nothing.
Yazite
286,094
Yazite
Posted on 16 September 18 at 08:40
xIx JaKe xIx said:
Yazite said:
xIx JaKe xIx said:
I just finished Halo 2 legendary in 2 hrs 57mins, and the achievement didn't unlock. I checked the times over and over and it was definitely under 3 hours (176 mins and 58 seconds). Is there something I might've done wrong? I didn't use any skulls that would count against the time, I didn't dashboard out on the last checkpoint, and I checked the time on in game leaderboards and on halo waypoint and it looks like all my times registered.
Did you do those prologue missions? They are required too, even if they have no time.
Yeah I did, that was my first thought too. I just did it again and timed it, still nothing.
I remember it was delayed for me too. I spent about 5 minutes going in and out of the various menus in the game. I remember it popped when I went into playlists. Try that and maybe try opening the game hub.
Wake me, when you need me.
xIx JaKe xIx
311,900
xIx JaKe xIx
Posted on 16 September 18 at 08:52, Edited on 16 September 18 at 08:59 by xIx JaKe xIx
Yazite said:
xIx JaKe xIx said:
Yazite said:
xIx JaKe xIx said:
I just finished Halo 2 legendary in 2 hrs 57mins, and the achievement didn't unlock. I checked the times over and over and it was definitely under 3 hours (176 mins and 58 seconds). Is there something I might've done wrong? I didn't use any skulls that would count against the time, I didn't dashboard out on the last checkpoint, and I checked the time on in game leaderboards and on halo waypoint and it looks like all my times registered.
Did you do those prologue missions? They are required too, even if they have no time.
Yeah I did, that was my first thought too. I just did it again and timed it, still nothing.
I remember it was delayed for me too. I spent about 5 minutes going in and out of the various menus in the game. I remember it popped when I went into playlists. Try that and maybe try opening the game hub.
Just tried messing around in the menus and started a couple of playlists with no luck. I don't see a game hub option.

Update: I got it! I just quit out, reset the console, and booted the game back up. Probably should've done that first.
LuminaryReap3R
Posted on 16 September 18 at 22:13
Can someone help me run regret and gravemind? That's all I need and I have an hour time total to spare on both so it doesnt need to be perfect, but those 2 are just killing me.
DaveNotRodney
339,644
DaveNotRodney
Posted on 18 September 18 at 10:03
Would like some help with Regret and Gravemind if anyone fancies it, just message me on here or Xbox live.
Thanks in advance.
El Ninio GRE
146,955
El Ninio GRE
Posted on 21 September 18 at 14:08
@ShDwRpTr16

Really, they messed with the carbine rate of fire in H2? There go my favorite moments of the (solo) game, which were from Gravemind on legendary. Quickly head-shooting the Brutes with the carbine gave great satisfaction and helped balance the frustration from the difficulty of the level...
G59xSCRIM
34,284
G59xSCRIM
Posted on 02 October 18 at 05:17, Edited on 02 October 18 at 05:18 by G59xSCRIM
Looking for help on H1 Truth & Reconciliation & Two Betrayals legendary speed runs so i can unlock the 3hr achievement. GT: G59xSCRIM I can help with any other levels if needed.
ClubbinCubone
162,006
ClubbinCubone
Posted on 03 October 18 at 18:58
G59xSCRIM said:
Looking for help on H1 Truth & Reconciliation & Two Betrayals legendary speed runs so i can unlock the 3hr achievement. GT: G59xSCRIM I can help with any other levels if needed.
Just unlocked these yesterday. You can still use the save and quit method on halo 1 to restart the checkpoints so they shouldn't be too much trouble.
ClubbinCubone
162,006
ClubbinCubone
Posted on 03 October 18 at 19:34
Going to test going for speedrun times offline with no patch installed to see if they count towards monopolized. Will update either today or tomorrow.
ClubbinCubone
162,006
ClubbinCubone
Posted on 03 October 18 at 21:43, Edited on 04 October 18 at 13:44 by ClubbinCubone
ClubbinCubone said:
Going to test going for speedrun times offline with no patch installed to see if they count towards monopolized. Will update either today or tomorrow.
It doesn't look like times from offline count when you reconnect. I got a 7 minute High Charity and Halo Waypoint is not updating to the new time cry

***EDIT*** Just looked again this morning and the time did register. Will try again today with a level I don't already have the par time achievement for and see if it pops.
J4CKA1
155,291
J4CKA1
Posted on 03 October 18 at 23:39
7 minutes? YouTube these please sir. I want to learn the skills
awcky
111,594
awcky
Posted on 06 October 18 at 01:38
ClubbinCubone said:
ClubbinCubone said:
Going to test going for speedrun times offline with no patch installed to see if they count towards monopolized. Will update either today or tomorrow.
It doesn't look like times from offline count when you reconnect. I got a 7 minute High Charity and Halo Waypoint is not updating to the new time cry

***EDIT*** Just looked again this morning and the time did register. Will try again today with a level I don't already have the par time achievement for and see if it pops.
Well..?
DarkKnightKefka
Posted on 10 October 18 at 06:24
Hey guys im looking for a partner who knows the lvl skips for h1 and 2 to finish goat roped and monopolized. If anyone is willin to help msg me. Im usually on all day but saturdays
Xbox Ambassodor
PliantBoat33
349,321
PliantBoat33
Posted on 25 October 18 at 03:47, Edited on 08 November 18 at 17:25 by PliantBoat33
Can someone help me with Monopolized? Only 1 achievement left. Thanks. Just message me whenever your free. Im Eastern time zone.
xH413Nx69x
128,702
xH413Nx69x
Posted on 25 October 18 at 23:48
Is anyone able to help me with Halo 2/3/4/ODST? If not all of halo 2 at least a level or two would help me a ton. Add me on Xbox and message me there... Thanks in advance to anyone willing☺️.
xH413Nx69x... what a pewp
xH413Nx69x
128,702
xH413Nx69x
Posted on 28 October 18 at 19:32
Add Tnigsdoubloon7, he helps anyone that wants goatroped. So far he has done about 70+ ppl including me about a week ago. He said he will help everyone that asks. Shoot him a message on here or Xbox. He shows as offline so just send randomly until you get a reply or something. Got me done in 2:00:57.
xH413Nx69x... what a pewp
KBwolf
396,504
KBwolf
Posted on 30 October 18 at 00:50
Need help with Monopolized only.
Have only done Outskirts so far.
Am on most mornings my time NZST.
Would love whatever help can be offered even if it is just for one level.
mjlegypt
58,442
mjlegypt
Posted on 04 November 18 at 21:16
I need a lot of help with Monopolized. It's the last achievement I have left in the entire game, and there is no way I'll be able to get it on my own. I need to do every level over again, because my times are terrible, so if anybody would be willing to help me out, even with just a level or two here and there, I would really appreciate it!

I'm free on evenings and weekends, US Central time. If you'd be willing to help me, you can either message me here or on Xbox. GT: mjlegypt

Thanks in advance!
xH413Nx69x
128,702
xH413Nx69x
Posted on 10 November 18 at 22:12
mjlegypt said:
I need a lot of help with Monopolized. It's the last achievement I have left in the entire game, and there is no way I'll be able to get it on my own. I need to do every level over again, because my times are terrible, so if anybody would be willing to help me out, even with just a level or two here and there, I would really appreciate it!

I'm free on evenings and weekends, US Central time. If you'd be willing to help me, you can either message me here or on Xbox. GT: mjlegypt

Thanks in advance!
Add me GT:xH413Nx69x
I need some help as well
xH413Nx69x... what a pewp
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.