Game Discussion: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Forum

Halo MCC - Speedruns!

AuthorMessage
lokisapocalypse
Posted on 15 February 16 at 16:32
Finished the Great Journey last night in 12:16. I'm now at 3:00:53. I can't decide whether it would be easier to run Cairo again or try to do a speed run of Uprising with the Sputnik skull on where you can do it in a minute. I've seen the videos that do it but I haven't really seen a guide on *how* to do it.
theEtrain75
theEtrain75
Posted on 15 February 16 at 18:28
Hey was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with the bridge descent glitch and keyes bump in CE?
lokisapocalypse
Posted on 15 February 16 at 18:48
Finally got the achievement. I ended up doing Uprising with Sputnik, Feather, Boom, Catch, and Pinata (from TGamesMaster 0:55 speed run) and got a time of 2:07. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Segendary Ty
Segendary Ty
Posted on 15 February 16 at 19:45
Nicely done Loki

theEtrain75 said:Hey was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with the bridge descent glitch and keyes bump in CE?Have you watched the tutorials from Nak3d Eli?

Do note that the bridge descent 2nd jump can be done co-op. If you are not able to stop your sliding then you can spawn a teammate there (must be dead prior your attempt of the 2nd jump).
Gotta be quick because the Banshee can block the spawn. If you don't want a super fast time you can of course kill the banshee from the 1st jump landing
theEtrain75
theEtrain75
Posted on 16 February 16 at 11:57
Yea I've watched the runs I haven't been able to get the bridge decent to work in MCC and haven't been able to pull off the keyes bump
Segendary Ty
Segendary Ty
Posted on 16 February 16 at 12:22
Can you do the triple grenade jump in Truth and Reconciliation?

Then I'm willing to trade :) I can give you Assault on the Control Room in 7:00-9:00 and Keyes in about 5:00
This is because I'll give it several attempts before restarting the level
Belly Elly
Belly Elly
Posted on 16 February 16 at 12:56
What Keyes bump are you trying to pull off? There are 2 bumps, the well known shield bump and the lesser-known flood bump. I prefer the flood bump over the shield bump since it is imo less frustrating (for some reason I had a very hard time getting the shield bump) and faster. Search youtube for a guide for the flood bump if you aren't familiar with this method, maybe you prefer this method as well ;)
Segendary Ty
Segendary Ty
Posted on 16 February 16 at 14:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh6RkKulLJ8

Does it put the enemies in Scarecrow mode as well? (frozen no animations loaded yet)
Metal Mulisha X
Posted on 17 February 16 at 02:17
I got the par time and par score on regret legendary. But did not get the achievement. I did use the save/quit technique. Does that make the achievements glitchy using that technique? I've used it for other maps but got the achievements. Please help!!
Segendary Ty
Segendary Ty
Posted on 17 February 16 at 02:23
Can't use save and quit in 'the last room' / area / load zone, not just the last checkpoint.
Metal Mulisha X
Posted on 17 February 16 at 21:28
Good to know thanks. For anyone that wants to do some halo ce and halo 2 speed runs let me know. Looking for someone to help me. Thanks
theEtrain75
theEtrain75
Posted on 19 February 16 at 04:53
I was trying the early one with the shield ill have to check out the other maybe ill be able to pull it off, @ Segendary Ty sorry I cant do the triple nade jump for you, halo 1 is not my specialty
Metal Mulisha X
Posted on 28 February 16 at 20:43
Can someone help me with halo 2 speed run. My time for legendary campaign is 3 hrs 20 mins. I got par times on pretty much every level just need someone who can run them faster then I can. Thanks
Segendary Ty
Segendary Ty
Posted on 28 February 16 at 20:59, Edited on 02 March 16 at 00:12 by Segendary Ty
Me and my partner found an alternate trick that is way more noob proof in Silent Cartographer. It also skip spawns of the Hunters and prevents the hunters at the pelican from spawning.

It basically looks like this:
Segendary Ty playing Halo: The Master Chief Collection

So no need for grenades and you can respawn instead of reloading checkpoint.

Note that you can reach the fall limit before hitting the overshield so make sure to lower your body as much as possible by A) Crouching (immediatly uncrouch, or use the Hold to crouch setting) B) Staying between the warthog and the ledge, rather than on the ledge

It probably has already been discovered, I didn't do my research. I just stumbled upon this while using the trick that is done solo with a grenade from the passenger's side
Tide44
343,720 343,720 GamerScore
Tide44
Posted on 01 March 16 at 21:39
Hey, I have tried to get under 3 hours and struggling on the last little bit, my times are
CAIRO STATION 00:15:08
OUTSKIRTS 00:06:17
METROPOLIS 00:18:24
THE ARBITER 00:09:35
THE ORACLE 00:18:39
DELTA HALO 00:06:15
REGRET 00:19:19
SACRED ICON 00:20:38
QUARANTINE ZONE 00:09:50
GRAVEMIND 00:45:53
UPRISING 00:01:05
HIGH CHARITY 00:08:39
THE GREAT JOURNEY 00:18:19
Total 03:18:01

I am trying not to replay grave mind and think I can get some time off metropolis and sacred icon but I am failing so much at metropolis getting onto scarab, if anyone can help please message me :)
Segendary Ty
Segendary Ty
Posted on 02 March 16 at 00:22
Tide44, I also see the Arbiter is rather slow. I got 6:35 on that. Using save and quit 100 times (yeah frustrating and luck based) can help you run past everything in the tunnels after the Hangar.

But let's do some tomorrow. I still need Metropolis and Great Journey so hopefully we can shave some time off of there. I can't do ALL the tricks but I am confident we can bring the GJ to 12 minutes or so
lokisapocalypse
Posted on 02 March 16 at 02:05
Tide44: I would recommend the following:

Metropolis: turn on sputnik. Once you get to that checkpoint, you can save / quit if you need to and its easier to do that jump with sputnik

Sacred Icon: you can probably improve that time and its not a hard level

The Great Journey: sub 15 should be possible here

Gravemind is fine with your Regret run so if you can reduce those three times, you should be good.
Segendary Ty
Segendary Ty
Posted on 02 March 16 at 11:39
Okay I just went on Metropolis and got a time of 16:20. I used save and quit but gotten 2 other checkpoints after that. The last checkpoint I used save and quit on was on the stairs after the scarab climbs the building. Does that count as the last room and therefore negates the scoring and time?

I have no clue how to kill those guys on the scarab super fast without dying. I don't want to have a huge time loss, please help

and Yes I am standing on the eye and shooting through the wall, but as soon as the scarab turns I fall off...
Tide44
343,720 343,720 GamerScore
Tide44
Posted on 02 March 16 at 22:34
lokisapocalypse said:Tide44: I would recommend the following:

Metropolis: turn on sputnik. Once you get to that checkpoint, you can save / quit if you need to and its easier to do that jump with sputnik
The problem I have with using sputnik is the physics change so my warthog driving is terrible going through the tunnel at the start, I can't seem to get a good run and I know it is a patience thing but...I'm over H2 lol

Segendary Ty - I'll send you a message and hopefully we can get some good times :)
Segendary Ty
Segendary Ty
Posted on 02 March 16 at 22:47
I managed to get 18:06 with a co-op partner today. This seems to be one of the easier levels so I'm not content with that. I noticed that if we bring the marine with the rocket launcher and put him in the back of the warthog so he doesn't shoot rockets on the bridge, he's quite valuable with his bottomless clip and fighting everyone in the tunnel.

You can also use the gauss warthog versus those wraiths and ghosts in front of the bunker. However to get the gauss safely I would use the regular warthog to get past them, then the area will despawn and you can hop out and snipe the jackal snipers. While the other player catches up with the Gauss.

Problem was getting the regular warthog past that area without getting sniped and such. I'll try it again in a bit so we can run it together later.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.