Community News Forum

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

TrueAchievements Games of The Year - Part One

AuthorMessage
IGutlessIWonder
Posted on 15 December 15 at 19:44
The Witcher was amazing. Probably the most diverse rpg world ive played, aside from the Mass Effect series
The Gutless Wonder "Try not to understand anything I'm saying and it'll all make sense"
CASS190684
CASS190684
Posted on 15 December 15 at 20:58
I've not played any of these so far but I have Ori and Wolfenstein in my backlog. Looking forward to playing those smile
I like what I like and I don't what I don't.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 15 December 15 at 22:53
Nice to see Hand of Fate is the first thing that comes up in the article! Great game although the combat could've been a little deeper. Shame it scared away the plebs by being priced at a whole 16 quid...
togethawiistand
Posted on 15 December 15 at 23:04
Shinnizle said:dropK1CK ninJA said:Why? The only place you will find reviews you will agree with 100% is your own website with your own reviews.Even then. Sometimes I rate games and go back to them and I'm like... why the fuck did I rate them so high/low? laughHappens to me too. The reason is that time has the effect of making you forget all the BS you went through, so eventually you can look at the game and remember the good over the bad.

By the way, there's a difference between not agreeing 100% with a review (which happens 99% of the time) and disagreeing with it A LOT. So when TA or another popular site is "too generous" while rating a game, that's the latter.
To do or not to do. THAT is the question.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 15 December 15 at 23:43
Eurydace said:DaveKinetic said:Eurydace said:Hand of Fate is not a good game at all laugh

No idea how it scored that high.
Community vote is at 4.1. Can't be that bad.
It's fun for a few hours until you really get into it. The premise is awesome. I assume that's why.
Err is it opposite's day or something? It's pretty samey until you 'get into it' and unlock better cards/weapons/encounters.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 15 December 15 at 23:52
Riconoclast said:Eurydace said:DaveKinetic said:Eurydace said:Hand of Fate is not a good game at all laugh

It's fun for a few hours until you really get into it. The premise is awesome. I assume that's why.
Err is it opposite's day or something? It's pretty samey until you 'get into it' and unlock better cards/weapons/encounters.
By the time you unlock those you realize how atrocious the combat is. Seriously. AC1 did it better. No frame breaks is idiotic.
WarIsComingHome
Posted on 16 December 15 at 00:04
Where are the 'Tales from the Borderlands' ? Why is it not present in the poll and instead we have a shitty "Game of Thrones from TTG" ?

And why there is no nomination "Most disappointing game of 2015" or "The worst game of 2015" ?

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 December 15 at 00:12
Eurydace said:Riconoclast said:Eurydace said:DaveKinetic said:Eurydace said:Hand of Fate is not a good game at all laugh

By the time you unlock those you realize how atrocious the combat is. Seriously. AC1 did it better. No frame breaks is idiotic.
'wrote off a deep game because of simplified combat'.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 16 December 15 at 00:14
Riconoclast said:Eurydace said:Riconoclast said:Eurydace said:DaveKinetic said:Eurydace said:Hand of Fate is not a good game at all laugh

The combat is the core function of the gameplay. If the gameplay is bad, the game mechanics can't save it.
Marc Pilkington
Posted on 16 December 15 at 00:22
WarIsComingHome said:Where are the 'Tales from the Borderlands' ? Why is it not present in the poll and instead we have a shitty "Game of Thrones from TTG" ?"Here are the first ten, in order of review:"

This is only part one! There'll be plenty more in the part two.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite website on the Citadel.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 December 15 at 00:24
Eurydace said:Riconoclast said:Eurydace said:Riconoclast said:Eurydace said:DaveKinetic said:Eurydace said:Hand of Fate is not a good game at all laugh

The combat is the core function of the gameplay. If the gameplay is bad, the game mechanics can't save it.
Haha, oh dear. Would you have preferred it if it was turn-based? XD
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 16 December 15 at 01:41
LIFE IS STRANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! put it on the list!
Watty8883
Watty8883
Posted on 16 December 15 at 01:47
Meh I played better games from 2007.
Angels Kill Too
Posted on 16 December 15 at 01:54
None of these other then wolfenstein and witcher look appealing at all lol
Everything will be fine in the End... If it's not fine... Then it's not the End...
Pizza2DaRoll
Pizza2DaRoll
Posted on 16 December 15 at 01:55
Dwaggienite said:The fact you've not mentioned the amazing storytelling that is Life is Strange in this article is CRIMINAL,

CRIMINAL I tell you!

Also, for sense of beauty and exploration, I highly recommend taking a look at 'Submerged'.

One of the most beautiful games with an atmospheric soundtrack that fits so perfectly.
I am a 19 year old guy who has recently been shipped over to japan (I joined the United States Navy right outta high school). I grew up in a town of about 800, so this change has taken a really big toll on me. I miss home every day. I miss my friends. I miss my family. I played Life is Strange not knowing what it was. This game made me feel like I was back home, it made me really happy. I was and still am very big into photography. (ig: gabelarock) I love just the feel of small town, how everyone you talk to knows about everything at the school (That is a real thing in small towns). This game is one of the best games I have played since Bioshock Infinite (If that is telling you anything). Beautiful game. Amazing story. Magnificent characters you actually care about. 5 out of 5 for sure!

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 December 15 at 02:04
^ I wish we saw more heartfelt stuff like this on TA rather than just the usual point-scoring. ;'(
wbs
wbs
Posted on 16 December 15 at 03:30
Not impressed with this list. Not a single one of my top games is on here. My #1 has to be Rare Replay.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 16 December 15 at 04:47
Riconoclast said:Eurydace said:Riconoclast said:Eurydace said:Riconoclast said:Eurydace said:DaveKinetic said:Eurydace said:Hand of Fate is not a good game at all laugh

No. I'd have preferred it play well. Action combat is fine. The AC counter style is extremely easy, but also fine. This game is bad because dodges don't break the animation of your attack.

The game would be good if they did. Yes, it matters.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 December 15 at 04:57
Eurydace said:Riconoclast said:Eurydace said:Riconoclast said:Eurydace said:Riconoclast said:Eurydace said:DaveKinetic said:Eurydace said:Hand of Fate is not a good game at all laugh

No. I'd have preferred it play well. Action combat is fine. The AC counter style is extremely easy, but also fine. This game is bad because dodges don't break the animation of your attack.

The game would be good if they did. Yes, it matters.
No it doesn't matter, the game is fun. Go back to AC1 if you're jone-sing.
SloppyJoe811
SloppyJoe811
Posted on 16 December 15 at 06:58
NO1KEV said:State of decay?! Really?! I found the game just slow and ponderous to play and you spend more time searching for supplies than fighting zombies! I also found the 2 dlcs to be the most boring, repetitive garbage I've played for a long time. Its also glitchy as hell.I agree. I got bored with it very quickly.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.