Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

16 More Backwards Compatible Titles Revealed

AuthorMessage
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:08, Edited on 17 December 15 at 15:10 by Ahayzo
Not a bad list for one month. More games I own, more games I can delete from the 360!

rocking23nf said:ChuckieJ said:rocking23nf said:I really don't get the point of this program if I still need the disc to play.Obviously so you don't just give the disc to someone else. Not hard to understand. If you want a digital copy, you have to buy a digital copy or hope it becomes a GwG.it still seems pointless, are people selling their 360s or something, to play my 360 I hit source once on my tv controller.So can I, but why have two devices when one will suffice? Once my non BC games are done, I'm selling my 360. Also, it's an incentive for people yet to move to the current gen. A big reason MS got for not upgrading was the inability to play games we already owned.
Extrema22
Extrema22
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:09
Was waiting for Hydro Thunder, awesome!
Phenom1 T SMITH
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:11
On Instinct said:"OMFG where is Black Ops?!"When Black Ops comes, I will be playing plenty of Zombies. That was the best game for Zombies.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:11
Is that really the only thing the update did? How many years will it be before we can disable controller vibration in ALL games on this POS console without tearing the controller apart and disabling it physically? Cause I'm damn well considering that route.
100% Onyx MAX on Halo: Reach 6/19/2012: 230+ DAYS playtime, 69+ million credits. 1.4 million FF kills.
KillrNut
KillrNut
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:15
Five games that I own. Most excited about hydro thunder HURRRRICAAAANNNNEEEEE!!!!!
Rotcat
Rotcat
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:15
360 HALO games on ONE, waiting till Halo 4...
VENI, VIDI, VICI!
aphexbr
aphexbr
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:20
rocking23nf said:ChuckieJ said:rocking23nf said:I really don't get the point of this program if I still need the disc to play.Obviously so you don't just give the disc to someone else. Not hard to understand. If you want a digital copy, you have to buy a digital copy or hope it becomes a GwG.it still seems pointless, are people selling their 360s or something, to play my 360 I hit source once on my tv controller.In answer to everything:

The point is you don't need a 360 to play. You need the disc so you don't suddenly get free copies of every 360 game you've ever played even if you only borrowed/rented them or have since sold the game. For games you originally played with a disc, there's no way for Microsoft to know which ones you still own, hence they ask for a disc. They ask for it every time, else you could just sell the game after the first time you loaded it on your One.

Are people selling their 360s? Yes, in a lot of cases people sold them to buy a One. In fact, that's half the stated reason for this program - to encourage people to upgrade. In other cases, the 360 died on them, but they bought a One instead of replacing it. Other people have donated their 360 to a kid or other family member. All of these people would still like to access the games they still own even if they don't have a 360 in front of them, which is the entire point!

Also, you have room to have all the consoles and devices you own plugged into one TV? Good for you! A lot of people don't.

Like I keep saying every time someone whines about this - just because you don't personally find something useful, that doesn't mean it's not useful to anyone. It just means it's not for you.
Tanelorn82
Tanelorn82
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:22
rocking23nf said:ChuckieJ said:rocking23nf said:I really don't get the point of this program if I still need the disc to play.Obviously so you don't just give the disc to someone else. Not hard to understand. If you want a digital copy, you have to buy a digital copy or hope it becomes a GwG.it still seems pointless, are people selling their 360s or something, to play my 360 I hit source once on my tv controller.I know I am an exception, but my 360 has some problems to open the disc tray. It's great to play digital games, but annoying when I want to use a disc.
I'll probably play my Deus Ex game in my XOne for simplicity.
Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:23
More things to download, might actually play some of those 360 games I owned now, like Portal
Skeptical Mario
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:24
Spelunky? Awesome - that's one of the few games I play for fun after completing it. Now I can record clips and stream gameplay from it too!
Guile132
Guile132
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:26
I just came here to read nerdy comments.
Achievements are gotten everyday whether it's game related, or real life.
Chakaal Starr
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:27
aphexbr said:rocking23nf said:ChuckieJ said:rocking23nf said:I really don't get the point of this program if I still need the disc to play.Obviously so you don't just give the disc to someone else. Not hard to understand. If you want a digital copy, you have to buy a digital copy or hope it becomes a GwG.it still seems pointless, are people selling their 360s or something, to play my 360 I hit source once on my tv controller.In answer to everything:

The point is you don't need a 360 to play. You need the disc so you don't suddenly get free copies of every 360 game you've ever played even if you only borrowed/rented them or have since sold the game. For games you originally played with a disc, there's no way for Microsoft to know which ones you still own, hence they ask for a disc. They ask for it every time, else you could just sell the game after the first time you loaded it on your One.

Are people selling their 360s? Yes, in a lot of cases people sold them to buy a One. In fact, that's half the stated reason for this program - to encourage people to upgrade. In other cases, the 360 died on them, but they bought a One instead of replacing it. Other people have donated their 360 to a kid or other family member. All of these people would still like to access the games they still own even if they don't have a 360 in front of them, which is the entire point!

Also, you have room to have all the consoles and devices you own plugged into one TV? Good for you! A lot of people don't.

Like I keep saying every time someone whines about this - just because you don't personally find something useful, that doesn't mean it's not useful to anyone. It just means it's not for you.
Another point is consolidation. Also they can apply xb1 features like streaming and record that etc

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:35
HHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYDDDDDDDDDDRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOO TTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW rock

This is the best Christmas present ever!
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Rista B
Rista B
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:36
Where's Odd with the Hydro Thunder comments? Maybe he's so excited he's been playing the game nonstop.

Excited to have Halo Reach added.
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:43
Rista B said:Where's Odd with the Hydro Thunder comments? Maybe he's so excited he's been playing the game nonstop.

Excited to have Halo Reach added.
You missed it by one minute.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:48
Portal 1 but not Portal 2? Okay... at least Spelunky and Braid are cool. Quality.
What can change the nature of a man?
NickHawkeye
NickHawkeye
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:51, Edited on 17 December 15 at 15:53 by NickHawkeye
Ha I thought both crash courses were de listed... oh well already completed them both myself.
got some good additions though, looking forward to the list expanding. Like a lot of people I'm sure I have now made my gaming focus is split between brand new games and non backwards 360 games. Guess I'll cross these off my list. dance ...and move them onto my play later backlog list facepalm

Fable III
Halo: Reach
Iron Brigade
Motocross Madness
Peggle
Spelunky
Splosion Man

One thing with this though it appears the option to "Hide" games available to download is gone...hopefully they bring that back because a lot of the backwards games that I already have completed are not going to be downloaded but now they sit in a massive list at the end of my games collection
Onsidic
Onsidic
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:54
Seriously.. no on has commented :
Hydro Thunder
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:56
Onsidic said:Seriously.. no on has commented :
Hydro Thunder
Oddworld X said:HHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYDDDDDDDDDDRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOO TTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW rock

This is the best Christmas present ever!
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:57
Gaaah..couldnt they have announced that last week when peggle was on sale?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.