Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

16 More Backwards Compatible Titles Revealed

AuthorMessage
SandMan NL1
SandMan NL1
Posted on 17 December 15 at 15:57, Edited on 17 December 15 at 16:05 by SandMan NL1
Awesome! I was waiting for Deus Ex: Human Revolution to become BC.

EDIT: My X1 doesn't recognize the Director's Cut Edition? cry
Silicon Iceman
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:07
Hydro Thunder Hurricane? Well, in that case, now I can finally upgrade to an Xbox One.
FeedMeHumans
FeedMeHumans
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:11
DARK SOULS OR GTFO
60% of the time, it works everytime.
pauldnb
pauldnb
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:11
SandMan NL1 said:Awesome! I was waiting for Deus Ex: Human Revolution to become BC.

EDIT: My X1 doesn't recognize the Director's Cut Edition? cry
that would be because it has 2 - discs, hope they fix soon I am in the same boat.
Death and Glory
Death and Glory
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:11, Edited on 17 December 15 at 18:14 by Death and Glory
I'm hoping for Lego Batman so I can see if my Japanese version will work on X1
spacedvest2
spacedvest2
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:13
Some good games for sure. I wish they would add the "Hide" feature back, as this continues the Ready to Install list is going to get crazy. Also, are there any backward compatible games that are laggy for anyone? I had some issues with Toy Soldiers when the preview program was released, but I played Battleblock and Mirror's Edge just now and they run great.
CONKER1182
CONKER1182
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:17
Games I want to be backwards compatible are The Darkness, Quake 4, and every other Xbox 360 game that have stackable achievements.
FuzzedUpCookie
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:24
maybe this will make me want to play/finish up more of the arcade games, don't feel like hooking up the 360 every single time laugh
Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
mijn kont
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:26
Awesomesauce!
Spelunky is so enjoyable! Even though it's MAD hard lol
visheyry
visheyry
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:30
In before...

Oddworld X said:HHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYDDDDDDDDDDRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOO TTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW rock

This is the best Christmas present ever!
Dammit!
AG Bucky Barnes
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:31
Beast! Got 4 games there I still need to 100%, Deus Ex, Doritos Crash course (>_>), Splosion Man and Fable 3. Yay!

Plus Halo Reach... hmmm, intriguing. Good times!
angelsk
angelsk
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:33
Nice selection. I actual have many of these. Any as someone said previously - good excuse to play Portal again!
Twistedsymphony
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:36
I came here just to read Oddworld X's reply.
maguzzolo
maguzzolo
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:39
aphexbr said:In answer to everything:

The point is you don't need a 360 to play. You need the disc so you don't suddenly get free copies of every 360 game you've ever played even if you only borrowed/rented them or have since sold the game. For games you originally played with a disc, there's no way for Microsoft to know which ones you still own, hence they ask for a disc. They ask for it every time, else you could just sell the game after the first time you loaded it on your One.

Are people selling their 360s? Yes, in a lot of cases people sold them to buy a One. In fact, that's half the stated reason for this program - to encourage people to upgrade. In other cases, the 360 died on them, but they bought a One instead of replacing it. Other people have donated their 360 to a kid or other family member. All of these people would still like to access the games they still own even if they don't have a 360 in front of them, which is the entire point!

Also, you have room to have all the consoles and devices you own plugged into one TV? Good for you! A lot of people don't.

Like I keep saying every time someone whines about this - just because you don't personally find something useful, that doesn't mean it's not useful to anyone. It just means it's not for you.
Very well said.
Another important point (imho) : do not forget those who never owned a 360 in first place!
They can buy today (retrocompatible) 360 games for very cheap prices, plus getting those free GwG games, and play them on their console.
And don't tell me there are no 360 games that deserve to be played even at the end of year 2015! ;-)
FailedSeppuku
FailedSeppuku
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:40
I came to read Hydro Thunder comments and am not disappointed, as you were.
250 achievements on old games for 1% increase.... soon be 90% >_<
ronnie42
ronnie42
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:42
Strange Halo Reach but no Halo Wars. roll
WestsideSxE
WestsideSxE
Posted on 17 December 15 at 16:43
Weird, I've had MsPac since the first batch went public, still wondering if the disc install just glitched...
RDS
RDS
Posted on 17 December 15 at 17:04
IceRain81 said:while an ok list, I currently own the Directors Cut of Deus Ex so I doubt thats gonna work. Oh well back to playing my backlog and new releases.The Director's Cut should work too I think
GoinXwell
RDS
RDS
Posted on 17 December 15 at 17:05
ronnie42 said:Strange Halo Reach but no Halo Wars. rollI think Halo Wars, like the BioShock games and CoD: Black Ops I (1) will be backwards compatible later
GoinXwell
RDS
RDS
Posted on 17 December 15 at 17:07
Yes DX: HR and Halo Reach backwards compatible, good hand of choosing games back in July/September this year
GoinXwell
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.