The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Countdown to 2016 Sale - Week 1 Deals

• Posted on 23 December 15 at 02:29Permalink
    Bowmanx4587 said:I'm getting pissed off lately at this lack of season passes in sales. Still waiting for deals for the evil within, dying light, watchdogs, and the witcher 3 season passes (will probably just get that without though since its a good enough deal).

Oh well maybe next week.

Dragon age GOTY edition is pretty tempting at $25..
    Evil Within pass was on sale in July. You know they just increased the price of the Dying Light pass right? Even if it goes on sale it'll more than likely just be the price it originally was. As for Witcher 3 I wouldn't hold your breath, putting a season pass on sale before all the content is out is a dick move, something CDPR is unlikely to do.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,864
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 02:53, Edited on 23 December 15 at 03:04 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Bowmanx4587 said:I'm getting pissed off lately at this lack of season passes in sales. Still waiting for deals for the evil within, dying light, watchdogs, and the witcher 3 season passes (will probably just get that without though since its a good enough deal).

Oh well maybe next week.

Dragon age GOTY edition is pretty tempting at $25..
    I won't buy a game that has a season pass, until I can get either the season pass or the game + season pass in a sale. This is because there is a trend on the Xbox One not to discount season passes, but to discount the deluxe/GOTY editions instead.

Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass is currently $49.99 (33% off) so I may pick that up.

DA:I GOTYE is also very, very tempting. What I'm really hoping for this sale is Fallout 4 Deluxe for $59.99.

I would have bought Forza 6 Ultimate for 25% off, but at the time it was only 20% off, so I went for the Deluxe version at 25% off instead. $59.99 was the same price that I sold the code for the Standard Edition for, and now I have VIP and F&F cars :) at no extra cost.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf428,063
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 03:11Permalink
    This post is contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • deutschZuiddeutschZuid320,826
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 04:06Permalink
    The witcher 3: 25 USD but 60 NZD.. lmao.... gtfo.
  • ElyohElyoh792,989
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 05:05Permalink
    deutschZuid said:The witcher 3: 25 USD but 60 NZD.. lmao.... gtfo.Yeeea...this is why I change regions to buy digitally laugh

All I want is Sunset Overdrive to go on special, but nooooo. Don't let me down MS, you can still keep me happy laugh
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 23 December 15 at 05:17Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:Spilner said:To nit pick Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series has 4 episodes out as of today now.Fixed! That particular line had been copied from a previous sale and I forgot to edit that bit out.

Claudio 10 Juve said:Brothers a Tale of Two Sons for Xbox One is missing in the ListAdded! I knew one would slip through. There'll probably be more.
    Thank you Chewie great work as always
    Kane no1 of the 7
  • Posted on 23 December 15 at 05:21Permalink
    So much crap on sale and pretty much nothing DLC wise as usual. I have an idea MS. How about a DLC with Gold. Instead of a free game you have some free DLC instead. I want DLC more than games right now.
  • CM TranceCM Trance192,540
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 06:01Permalink
    Sweet! I need to get The Taken King and Rise of the Tomb Raider.
    Better deal on the digital version than physical, hehe.
  • RacxieRacxie358,741
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 06:03, Edited on 23 December 15 at 06:03 by RacxiePermalink
    xPut Name Herex said:For a post I had earlier in the day on it (naturally laugh), see XBL Countdown to 2016 Sale - December 22ndI just read the Kotaku article which you linked on that thread which is interesting and would certainly add to the reasons as to why there's a massive push towards DLC & freemium games (aside from the obvious), but that's a discussion for somewhere else.

As for the sales, I know it's harder to separate them now that MS has gone for the whole "Arcade is obsolete" tosh, but I wish there was some easier way to tell which Xbox One games are digital-only as there the only ones I'm ever interested in buying in a XBL sale (my brother "forced" me to buy Titanfall which I have yet to play).
  • Xantium89Xantium89530,481
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 06:14Permalink
    NOT Sure If anyone mentioned but i tot Super Time force foe Xbox One for 5€
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB566,762
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 06:39Permalink
    Is the Escapists for Xbox 360 on sale right now as well? For me its showing as $13.39, down from I think its usual price of $19.99?
    Maybe not a True Story, but Truly a Story.
  • ElyohElyoh792,989
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 06:41Permalink
    TwistedTB said:Is the Escapists for Xbox 360 on sale right now as well? For me its showing as $13.39, down from I think its usual price of $19.99?According to TA, yep. For me it has 19.95 - 13.36 (AUD).
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • NMANOZNMANOZ645,350
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 06:47Permalink
    Day 2 deals:

.skate --- Xbox 360 Game --- 80% / 70%
    Deadpool --- Xbox One Game --- 40% / 30%
    Skate 2 --- Xbox 360 Game --- 75% / 65%
    Skate 3 --- Xbox 360 Game --- 65% / 55%
    The Swindle --- Xbox One Game --- 50% / 40%
  • MaesenkoMaesenko287,021
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 07:08Permalink
    I've got about a dozen tabs open to the content I want to buy...but first I have to see how much I can actually afford. As it is, I've already spent a ton of money from Thanksgiving/Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Christmas shopping, although some of those were "once in several years" buys, as opposed to annual spending.

All said, though, I'll definitely be picking up a couple items off this!
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • eayragteayragt180,332
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 08:17Permalink
    I don't know why people come in here and whinge about conversion rates instead of just buying from foreign stores???
  • Posted on 23 December 15 at 08:16Permalink
    Great choices, but did any1 besides me have a problem purchasing LA MOIRÉ RS. Pass?? Plz let me know if it let's u get it now
  • Posted on 23 December 15 at 08:17Permalink
    LA Noire***
  • Goggs25Goggs251,186,354
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 08:58, Edited on 23 December 15 at 09:00 by Goggs25Permalink
    Anyone know if that lego batman 3 deluexe edtion is on sale in UK.

I have tried looking myself but it looks like MS have removed lego batman deluexe edtion from the UK marketplace and there website in the UK. When I try searching for it all that coems up is season pass and the standard game no deluexe edtion.
    Goggs25
  • IainocoIainoco105,836
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 09:05Permalink
    Goggs25 said:Anyone know if that lego batman 3 deluexe edtion is on sale in UK.

I have tried looking myself but it looks like MS have removed lego batman deluexe edtion from the UK marketplace and there website in the UK. When I try searching for it all that coems up is season pass and the standard game no deluexe edtion.
    It's not and hasn't been for the past few months, just going to pick it up from the US Marketplace.

Great work Chewie.
  • Posted on 23 December 15 at 09:13Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:Antr0p0phagus said:Spilner said:Why Always Spud said:Everyone outside of the US getting shafted with the conversion rates once again!

When will Microsoft (and Sony for that matter) learn!
    Yeah those UNTAXED American prices don't really convert to the other TAXED prices do they.
    laugh You do know the US sales tax rates, right? They are a joke and don't explain the big price differences. However, often the prices are close to the EUR prices. So after their highest tax, they pay nearly the same price as people in countries with the EUR as a currency.
    It still doesn't explain crazy price differences, as is often the case. I guess the real reason has something to do with oversea business, as sometimes the USD prices are also higher than the EUR or GBP prices. I'd say it depends on where the developer, or publisher has it's main headquarter. I just feel sorry for the Australian people, as they seem to be paying more almost all the time...
    You actually got it pretty close, it's not where the main headquarters are though it's where the money is located and where the company wants to spend the money. If you end up moving money across borders (especially UK/EU to USA), the country you are taking the money from puts a significant tariff on the cash being moved and the company loses a lot that way. For a post I had earlier in the day on it (naturally laugh), see XBL Countdown to 2016 Sale - December 22nd
    Thanks for clearing that up! toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.