The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Countdown to 2016 Sale - Week 1 Deals

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce764,434
    Posted on 22 December 15 at 23:24Permalink
    Pare ESP said:Spilner said:Pare ESP said:Majornelson's list has been updated with new games for this week,

Bedlam – The Game By Christopher Brookmyre
    Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
    Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
    Just Cause 3 XL Edition
    Just Cause 3
    Killer Instinct – Glaciusc
    Madden NFL 16 Super Deluxe: Season Edition
    Need For Speed Deluxe Edition
    Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
    Never Alone Arctic Collection
    Never Alone: Foxtales
    Those are all countdown sales I think, yesterday and today XBL Countdown to 2016 Sale - December 22nd
    This not for the daily deal but for the weekly deal from 22nd december to 28th december
    Yes they're additional Deals with Gold for the week. There is no countdown deals from yesterday, it started today.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • SpilnerSpilner772,295
    Posted on 22 December 15 at 23:29Permalink
    Bah the need for speed confused me headspin

This is what happens when I look at deals elsewhere.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 December 15 at 23:36Permalink
    dragon age inquisition for me , starting to feel the itch to abandon gamerscore increase and go back to rpg playing like i used to.
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • RCRC256,956
    Posted on 22 December 15 at 23:36Permalink
    Couldn't pass up Peggle 2
  • The MascalThe Mascal1,461,499
    Posted on 22 December 15 at 23:41Permalink
    Silver members???

warning
    Beer.
  • xQuesooxQuesoo361,461
    Posted on 22 December 15 at 23:41Permalink
    Can someone please explain why for LEGO Batman 3 the US cost is $6.60 but the Australian cost is $29.68. $6.60 in Australian dollars is $9.13 according to Google. I understand how prices can vary depending on the country and other factors like tax but where does the extra $20.55 come from?
  • B0WM4NXB0WM4NX384,957
    Posted on 22 December 15 at 23:47, Edited on 23 December 15 at 00:03 by B0WM4NXPermalink
    I'm getting pissed off lately at this lack of season passes in sales. Still waiting for deals for the evil within, dying light, watchdogs, and the witcher 3 season passes (will probably just get that without though since its a good enough deal).

Oh well maybe next week.

Dragon age GOTY edition is pretty tempting at $25..
    -Murder for The Crows-
    Posted on 22 December 15 at 23:48Permalink
    Mr Mascal 77 said:Silver members???

warning
    I don't get it
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 December 15 at 23:48Permalink
    XPhiles in IA said:dragon age inquisition for me , starting to feel the itch to abandon gamerscore increase and go back to rpg playing like i used to.Or just play for fun in the first place.

Trust me, it's much more enjoyable.

Batman season pass and dragon age goty edition for me
    t-t-t-today junior
  • Posted on 22 December 15 at 23:50Permalink
    Lego Batman 3 Deluxe, Lego Marvel, Back to the Future, and Dragon Age Inquisition for me.
  • AgentZachMorganAgentZachMorgan1,466,916
    Posted on 22 December 15 at 23:51Permalink
    Shame Darksiders 2 still has 2 unobtainables, it's only £8.50 on the Russian marketplace.
    This is my comment, there are many like it but this one is mine.
  • Posted on 22 December 15 at 23:51Permalink
    Everyone outside of the US getting shafted with the conversion rates once again!

When will Microsoft (and Sony for that matter) learn!
  • BiG SH0T ROBBiG SH0T ROB256,415
    Posted on 22 December 15 at 23:52Permalink
    Gonna get MGS 5 when it's one of the daily deals.
    Game of the year for me and i haven't played a second of it yet laugh
  • SpilnerSpilner772,295
    Posted on 22 December 15 at 23:53Permalink
    Why Always Spud said:Everyone outside of the US getting shafted with the conversion rates once again!

Yeah those UNTAXED American prices don't really convert to the other TAXED prices do they.
  • Redders 420Redders 420602,662
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 00:05Permalink
    Chewie you rockrock, thanks for this list. You give your time, to save me time and it's appreciated. Merry Christmas toast
    It's more than just a game, it's a passion.
  • Posted on 23 December 15 at 00:07Permalink
    Does anyone know if kings quest will get a physical release?
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 00:09Permalink
    Redders 1984 said:Chewie you rockrock, thanks for this list. You give your time, to save me time and it's appreciated. Merry Christmas toasttoast

The extra DwG stuff has now been added. Now, after 12 hours doing this, I sleep.

See you tomorrow with the new daily deals!
  • AwooAwoo1,543,574
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 00:20Permalink
    The Swindle is also 50% off, and is the only thing I've bothered picking up so far. Kinda interested in Don't Starve as well.
    What can change the nature of a man?
  • Posted on 23 December 15 at 00:26Permalink
    Spilner said:Why Always Spud said:Everyone outside of the US getting shafted with the conversion rates once again!

Yeah those UNTAXED American prices don't really convert to the other TAXED prices do they.
    laugh You do know the US sales tax rates, right? They are a joke and don't explain the big price differences. However, often the prices are close to the EUR prices. So after their highest tax, they pay nearly the same price as people in countries with the EUR as a currency.
    It still doesn't explain crazy price differences, as is often the case. I guess the real reason has something to do with oversea business, as sometimes the USD prices are also higher than the EUR or GBP prices. I'd say it depends on where the developer, or publisher has it's main headquarter. I just feel sorry for the Australian people, as they seem to be paying more almost all the time...
  • frenchdawgfrenchdawg952,040
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 00:27Permalink
    The main issue with the Australian prices is that they apply the same percentages of the sale, but the price still isn't reasonable because the list price isn't reasonable. Years old 360 games like black ops are still sitting on the marketplace at $100! For whatever reason the digital marketplace does not adjust their prices to reflect the actual market in most cases, where games such as this will be $20-$30 on a shelf. The sale prices are somewhat competitive with what our shelf prices are, but only for a day/week depending on the sale.

They just don't care. The marketplace has been like this since the start, they have very little incentive to change it now unless everyone stops buying stuff from the digital marketplace, which won't happen.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.