The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Countdown to 2016 Sale - Week 1 Deals

• MattQuin89MattQuin89695,094
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 00:33
    Lego Movie & Marvel for me. Possibly Never Alone bundle as well!
  • scotwolf2scotwolf22,151,292
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 00:57
    Not much for me so far, I either already have them or not interested or over priced...i was interested in the new tomb raider on one/360 and mad max on one but both are cheaper buying a disc online and I expect both to be in online retailers sales after Xmas...
    I'm tempted though by kings quest.
    And I'm sure some daily deals will add to my backlog
  • KugareKugare3,828,591
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 00:57
    Yesterday i bought Need for Speed for 28€ and now they added the Deluxe Edition for 32€... and of course you can buy the deluxe upgrade for 15€. Nice bitch move.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,360
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 00:57, Edited on 23 December 15 at 02:43 by HolyHalfDead
    Great work ChewieOnIce and for adding in the DwG.

You can get a better discount on FM6 Standard and Deluxe from the MS store:
    Standard Edition (includes Ten Year Anniversary Car Pack) 33% off ($39.99)
    Deluxe Edition (includes VIP and Fast and Furious Car Pack) 25% off ($59.99)

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Sale
    Premier Sexy Costume & Movie Set (4 costumes and 4 movies) 30% off ($10.49)
    Last Getaway Costume Set (18 costumes) 30% off ($17.49)
    Last Getaway Premier Set (18+4 costumes and 4 movies) 40% off ($23.99)
    Core Fighters - Female Fighters Set (17 characters) 40% off ($22.49)
    Last Getaway Premier Set + Fighters (17 characters and 18+4 costumes and 4 movies) 50% off ($38.75)
    Core Fighters - Male Fighters Set (13 characters) 40% off ($16.49)
    Xbox 360
    Last Getaway Costume Set (18 costumes) 30% off ($17.49)
    Ultimate Sexy Costumes (14 costumes) 40% off ($8.99)
    Tropical Sexy Costume Set (14 costumes) 40% off ($8.99)
    Private Paradise Set (12 movies) 40% off ($14.99)
    Phase 4's Private Paradise (1 movie) 40% off ($1.79)
    Nyotengu's Private Paradise (1 movie) 40% off ($1.79)
    Marie Rose's Private Paradise (1 movie) 40% off ($1.79)
    Honoka's Private Paradise (1 movie) 40% off ($1.79)
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Pare ESPPare ESP2,461,184
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 00:58
    ChewieOnIce said:Redders 1984 said:Chewie you rockrock, thanks for this list. You give your time, to save me time and it's appreciated. Merry Christmas toasttoast

The extra DwG stuff has now been added. Now, after 12 hours doing this, I sleep.

See you tomorrow with the new daily deals!
    Thanks to update so fast!!! You did an excellent work today as usual. Have a good night
  • Pare ESPPare ESP2,461,184
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 01:02
    Kugare said:Yesterday i bought Need for Speed for 28€ and now they added the Deluxe Edition for 32€... and of course you can buy the deluxe upgrade for 15€. Nice bitch move.not a nice move. Since it is MS fault maybe you can explain what happened and claim money back and buy the deluxe edition
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,337
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 01:06
    Pare ESP said:Kugare said:Yesterday i bought Need for Speed for 28€ and now they added the Deluxe Edition for 32€... and of course you can buy the deluxe upgrade for 15€. Nice bitch move.not a nice move. Since it is MS fault maybe you can explain what happened and claim money back and buy the deluxe editionTo be honest deluxe isn't worth it, car is stock and easily out paced quickly, extras skins and stuff are meh and the 10% discount is negateable as you get tonnes of money.
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite5,299,568
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 01:07, Edited on 23 December 15 at 01:12 by Dwaggienite
    Antr0p0phagus said:Spilner said:Why Always Spud said:Everyone outside of the US getting shafted with the conversion rates once again!

When will Microsoft (and Sony for that matter) learn!
    Yeah those UNTAXED American prices don't really convert to the other TAXED prices do they.
    laugh You do know the US sales tax rates, right? They are a joke and don't explain the big price differences. However, often the prices are close to the EUR prices. So after their highest tax, they pay nearly the same price as people in countries with the EUR as a currency.
    It still doesn't explain crazy price differences, as is often the case. I guess the real reason has something to do with oversea business, as sometimes the USD prices are also higher than the EUR or GBP prices. I'd say it depends on where the developer, or publisher has it's main headquarter. I just feel sorry for the Australian people, as they seem to be paying more almost all the time...
    Yeah, I'm sorry, but the following prices do not agree with you:
    Current exchange rate: £1 = $1.48

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - 67% off - Now US$6.60 / £16.50
    (UK price = $24.46 - almost 4X the US price).

Also remember, the normal price for this is $19.99 / £49.99 ($74.11).

Whoever chose this price needs to be called on this blatant price-gouging. This price is not this price because of tax. It's this price because of GREED.

Titanfall "Deluxe Edition" (includes Season Pass) - 75% off - Now US$5.00 / £6.00
    UK price = $8.89 (1.8x the price)

Dragon Ball XenoVerse - 50% off - Now US$20.00 / £25.00
    UK Price = $37.06 (almost 2x the price)

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - 75% off - Now US$5.00 / £8.00
    UK Price = $11.86 (more than 2x the price)

The LEGO Movie Videogame - 75% off - Now US$5.00 / £8.00
    UK Price = $11.86 (more than 2x the price)

Call of Duty: Black Ops - 75% off - Now US$9.99 / £11.24
    UK Price = $16.66 (1.7x the price)

Forza Horizon - 50% off - Now US$9.99 / £14.99
    UK Price = $22.22 (More than 2x the price)

And just so that Spilner doesn't call me out on being biased, the other prices are about accurate ;)
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 01:08
    Didn't PNH slap you into silence in other sales posts?
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf671,264
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 01:11
    i bought final fantasy type 0 for the x1 on black friday from microsofts website in canada for 20$, free shipping, and came with a 10$ bonus code which i bought a 10$ xbox cash card with.

so 30$ USD is a terrible price.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf671,264
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 01:12
    also i found the lego movie to be the worst of the lego games i have played, i didnt enjoy it at all
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 01:22, Edited on 23 December 15 at 01:45 by HolyHalfDead
    Dwaggienite said:Yeah, I'm sorry, but the following prices do not agree with you:
    Current exchange rate: £1 = $1.48

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - 67% off - Now US$6.60 / £16.50
    I just checked and Lego Batman 3 costs £30 in the UK, and you are complaining about it being £16.50!

http://game.net/en/lego-batman-3-beyond-gotham-299593

I have no idea why you are converting from US dollars using the current exchange rate and expecting to pay that price in the UK. Have you ever looked at how much cheaper cars are in the US than the UK, or houses, TVs, fuel, even a cup of coffee.

Go into GAME, demand US prices, and if they drop their prices you will find digital drops to match.

This is how things are in the real world, accept it and move on.

However, Traveller's Tales are one of the worst for no reducing international base prices on older games.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 01:30, Edited on 23 December 15 at 01:30 by Dwaggienite
    HolyHa1fDead said:Dwaggienite said:LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - 67% off - Now US$6.60 / £16.50
    I just checked and Lego Batman 3 costs £30 in the UK, and you are complaining about it being £16.50!

http://game.net/en/lego-batman-3-beyond-gotham-299593

I have no idea why you are converting from US dollars using the current exchange rate and expecting to pay that price in the UK. Have you ever looked at how much cheaper cars are in the US than the UK, or houses, TVs, fuel, even a cup of coffee.

Go into GAME, demand US prices, and if they drop their prices you will find digital drops to match.

This is how things are in the real world, accept it and move on.
    Because these items are not real world items. They are digital.

Even if you take into consideration the 20% VAT tax for the item for the UK, and the 15-20% for the US sales tax... the price for this item is STILL obscene.

Also, don't ever count GAME prices, they NEVER lower their prices. On ebay, it's £16 including P&P.
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 01:32
    Ebay isn't a retail store, you're wanting to compare retail prices, champ. Game, as expensive and crap as they are are the retail standard.
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 01:34, Edited on 23 December 15 at 01:37 by Dwaggienite
    Spilner said:Ebay isn't a retail store, you're wanting to compare retail prices, champ. Game, as expensive and crap as they are are the retail standard.http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KJG41KK?keywords=lego%...

£16.94 on Amazon then. Same real-world item.

The point that I'm making, even if you pay the US tax price, the price for this item digitally is £5ish.

The discrepancy for this item CANNOT be put down to just tax, and you know it. The other items I mentioned earlier... you could, kind of.

But this is the major problematic item. It is just unfair pricing.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,120,098
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 01:37
    Spilner said:Ebay isn't a retail store, you're wanting to compare retail prices, champ. Game, as expensive and crap as they are are the retail standard.I find GAME to be pretty good when it comes to trade ins. I use their price match offer so they match CEX + £1, and get more for my money. If I was paying cash, I would go online, Amazon etc. I get your point. Also, GAME have free delivery on all orders.

rocking23nf said:also i found the lego movie to be the worst of the lego games i have played, i didnt enjoy it at allI enjoyed, as well as the movie. Did you watch the movie? I am guessing you played it on a different tag.
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 01:58, Edited on 23 December 15 at 02:01 by HolyHalfDead
    Dwaggienite said:Because these items are not real world items. They are digital.And what has digital got to do with it? Digital is just a distribution method, it does not affect the value of the goods being distributed.

A company will sell it's goods for what people are prepared to pay (it owes it to it's employees and shareholders to do so). If nobody is prepared to pay £29.99 (or any other asking price) for Lego Batman 3, then the company will go bust.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,567,894
    Posted on 23 December 15 at 02:00
    Antr0p0phagus said:Spilner said:Why Always Spud said:Everyone outside of the US getting shafted with the conversion rates once again!

When will Microsoft (and Sony for that matter) learn!
    Yeah those UNTAXED American prices don't really convert to the other TAXED prices do they.
    laugh You do know the US sales tax rates, right? They are a joke and don't explain the big price differences. However, often the prices are close to the EUR prices. So after their highest tax, they pay nearly the same price as people in countries with the EUR as a currency.
    It still doesn't explain crazy price differences, as is often the case. I guess the real reason has something to do with oversea business, as sometimes the USD prices are also higher than the EUR or GBP prices. I'd say it depends on where the developer, or publisher has it's main headquarter. I just feel sorry for the Australian people, as they seem to be paying more almost all the time...
    You actually got it pretty close, it's not where the main headquarters are though it's where the money is located and where the company wants to spend the money. If you end up moving money across borders (especially UK/EU to USA), the country you are taking the money from puts a significant tariff on the cash being moved and the company loses a lot that way. For a post I had earlier in the day on it (naturally laugh), see XBL Countdown to 2016 Sale - December 22nd
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads