Game Info Submission Archive: Viva Piñata Forum

Archive for the Game Info Submission board

Viva Piñata - Game Info submissions

Related game: Viva Piñata

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 26 December 15 at 00:53
https://www.trueachievements.com/LuckyConquerer2.htm has just submitted some Game Info for Viva Piñata.

These changes are for All Regions.

Display Name change from Viva Piñata to Ignore

LuckyConquerer2 said:
Hi

I know the estimated completion times are are done by user submission but can you override them?

I ask, because of this:
Viva PiñataSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Viva Piñata worth 54 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

It is impossible to beat this game in sub-50 hours, yet the completion time says 40-50.

Can that be changed?
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 26 December 15 at 12:20
50 hours is 40-50. I rated it that because I didn't play a second after 50 hours. The ratings really needed to not overlap. So it should be 40-49 hours and the same for the other periods.
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 26 December 15 at 19:11
But 40 suggests it can be done in that time. I agree with that overlap.
Xyjar
Xyjar
Posted on 29 December 15 at 19:14, Edited on 04 January 16 at 23:49 by Xyjar
I put 25-30 because that's how long I actually played for 100%. The other 25 was leaving it on unattended while sleeping.

As a new person to the game, I am much more concerned with how much actual time commitment is required. I would not typically want to start a game with a 100+ estimate since it would likely be left incomplete. But if I knew it could be completed in 10 hours of playtime + leaving it turned on unattended for 90, I wouldn't be too intimidated to start it.
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 29 December 15 at 19:16
What you spent idling counts as game time. You had to leave the console on. It is a 50 hour completion, nothing less.
Xyjar
Xyjar
Posted on 02 January 16 at 07:47
Not disputing that. Just saying the USEFUL number is 25. While 50 is a useless number to anyone interested in the game for the reasons I listed above.

Therefore, I will leave my completion estimate at 25, despite it being technically inaccurate. We are simply defining "game time" differently.

I always appreciate the outliers on the completion estimates graph who agree with my reasoning when I look at games so I actually understand the time commitment required.
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 02 January 16 at 07:53
There is only one definition. This is not something that needs different interpretations. It needs to be a consensus.

How long does this game take to complete? That is what TA asks. Not how long do you play the game not counting idling.

This game takes 50 hours. There is nothing to dispute over that.
Xyjar
Xyjar
Posted on 04 January 16 at 23:47
LuckyConquerer2 said:There is only one definition. This is not something that needs different interpretations. It needs to be a consensus.It's actually very easy for many people to have their own uniquely nuanced definitions of thousands of words in the dictionary - such as "take" or "play". Unless you want to take away awesome features such as crowd-sourcing completion estimates (and replace it with an approved TA gaming panel that still can't guarantee perfect data), expecting consensus among 300,000 site users is unrealistic.

I'm just glad others disagree with you, otherwise the completion graph would be meaningless. Instead, we can see a bell curve around 25 and again at 50, which is very informative for everybody, regardless of whether they use my or your completion reasoning.

LuckyConquerer2 said:How long does this game take to complete? That is what TA asks. Not how long do you play the game not counting idling.Nope. Here is the exact verbiage on TA's Completion Times page:

"Please enter the amount of time it took you to earn all of the achievements in the content."

Sorry, but it did not take me 50 hours to complete Viva Pinata. It did however take my Xbox's power supply that much time, and you are welcome to define it that way if you wish. But I define "amount of time it took me" as 25 hours, without hesitation. I was not even in the same city as my Xbox for a big chunk of the other 25 hours.

LuckyConquerer2 said:This game takes 50 hours. There is nothing to dispute over that.Side note, it sounds pretty silly to keep using such closed statements as this. If you want to say 1+1=2, then sure. But hi there, I am clearly here disputing your claim that this game takes 50 hours (even if you disagree).
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 05 January 16 at 00:00, Edited on 05 January 16 at 00:03 by LuckyKant
facepalm

"Please enter the amount of time it took you to earn all of the achievements in the content."
If you struggle to understand that sentence, I cannot help you. You still switched the console on, you still idled it, you still have to pay the electricity bill for that useage. With your reasoning, you should tell your supplier that you did not were not playing for the device for an extra 25 hours, so you should not pay.

You mention about looking at the time and wanting an accurate picture. If it said 25 hours, and then one starts the game. After a while, they realise that need to double that, then they would say it is inaccurate.

I am not continuing discussing this with you as it will go around in circles, and we will not agree, unless you see the truth. wink
Xyjar
Xyjar
Posted on 05 January 16 at 00:29
LuckyConquerer2 said:"Please enter the amount of time it took you to earn all of the achievements in the content."
If you struggle to understand that sentence, I cannot help you. You still switched the console on, you still idled it, you still have to pay the electricity bill for that useage. With your reasoning, you should tell your supplier that you did not were not playing for the device for an extra 25 hours, so you should not pay.
That analogy makes no sense. What I'm saying is not remotely similar to trying to shortchange my power company.

You mention about looking at the time and wanting an accurate picture. If it said 25 hours, and then one starts the game. After a while, they realise that need to double that, then they would say it is inaccurate. That is why I am advocating no changes to the current system. Both of us can get what we want out of the completion graphs with multiple bell curves.

I am not continuing discussing this with you as it will go around in circles, and we will not agree, unless you see the truth. winkOkay, thanks for the discussion. smile
WebChimp UK
WebChimp UK
Posted on 19 January 16 at 09:08, Edited on 19 January 16 at 09:09 by WebChimp UK
Thanks for the submission, LuckyConquerer2. We understand your concern, but as we display a bar chart of all completion time estimates made against a title, it's not something we're really too worried about at present.

As you've noted, it would be great if everyone kept the "Please enter the amount of time it took you to earn all of the achievements in the content." statement in mind when voting, and while we could add a "minimum estimate" this isn't something we really think is needed at the moment.

If a user is blatantly abusing the system, then they will have their permissions to set any completion estimates revoked by the Site Moderation team.

Thanks again for the submission, and hope you understand our reasoning. toast
Information Posted on 19 January 16 at 11:54
This post was archived by theshadow
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 19 January 16 at 13:08
WebChimp UK said:As you've noted, it would be great if everyone kept the "Please enter the amount of time it took you to earn all of the achievements in the content." statement in mind when votingI am glad you said that. This sort of calculation is not open for interpretation. There is only one correct method to getting the correct answer.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.