The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Countdown to 2016 Sale - December 26th

• EdweirddEdweirdd395,319
    Posted on 26 December 15 at 18:12Permalink
    Definitely going to get BF4 now. I've been on the fence but for that price I can't pass that up.
  • capicawlcapicawl554,150
    Posted on 26 December 15 at 18:18Permalink
    Doominatorx6 said:UA1 is common as dirt but UA2 is a little harder to find for a fair price.

They've said before that the DLC is 'NEVER coming back' but the games themselves sort of appeared on XBLM out of nowhere.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    Thank god I never got rid of mine. It was a steal at $29 5 years ago and to this day I feel the same way.
  • R1KM4NR1KM4N534,111
    Posted on 26 December 15 at 18:20Permalink
    How can they justify those prices on the Marvel games? One is 9 years old, the other is 6 and they are both for a last gen system. $5 each would have been acceptable, maybe even up to $10 at a (very big) push. Anything over that is crazy.
  • Posted on 26 December 15 at 18:35Permalink
    Held off but bought the premium pack, now just need to get the game. Is anyone in the same boat and wants to do this from scratch all MP cheevos?
  • Posted on 26 December 15 at 19:59Permalink
    LOST Thanu said:If I buy Battlefield 4 Premium Edition for the One, can I also download the DLC's on the 360?No.

It used to be (And might still be) that if you purchase it on the 360, you also get it on the One, but it's never worked the other way around.
  • Posted on 26 December 15 at 20:11Permalink
    Marketplace link for BF4 is Xbox One version
  • Posted on 26 December 15 at 20:54Permalink
    NMANOZ said:Goggs25 said:anyone know how long the daily deals are gonig on for friend of mine says until new years eve.

Yet another day of crappy xbox one games on sale and a 2nd day of good xbox 360 gaames on sale just with they put more games on daily sale
    Yes, hence the Countdown to New Year name. wink
    laugh
    Press X to Jason
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo167,314
    Posted on 26 December 15 at 21:05Permalink
    I was shocked to see the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games on there. I remember buying the DLC for both of them many years ago when they briefly returned before being delisted again. I had no idea that there had been some sort of deal made to re-list the games themselves earlier this year. $40 a piece would be highway robbery, but I'm very tempted for less than 1/3 that price. Not that I see myself having the time or energy to place either one. But to be honest, that's 98% of sale games I buy. Which is depressing. laugh
  • Posted on 27 December 15 at 00:14Permalink
    According to Major Nelson, tomorrow's deals are Sunset Overdrive & for the 360, PvZ GW.
  • ElyohElyoh792,905
    Posted on 27 December 15 at 01:04Permalink
    Sgt Bucky B said:According to Major Nelson, tomorrow's deals are Sunset Overdrive & for the 360, PvZ GW.HolyHa1fDead said:Elyoh said:YEEEEEEEES! For the 27th, Sunset Overdrive and it's deluxe edition are both 33% off.

I have friends nagging me to get it, was really hoping to see the deluxe edition go on sale as effectively that's the best discount I'll get on the season pass smile
    Yep, and Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare (Xbox 360) 60% off (70% with Gold)

Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • BROOKER 513BROOKER 513405,358
    Posted on 27 December 15 at 01:25Permalink
    xAcCeSs DeNiEd said:Held off but bought the premium pack, now just need to get the game. Is anyone in the same boat and wants to do this from scratch all MP cheevos?I am. Just bought the 360 version Premium. It said in the description that it carries over to the ONE version but when I go to download it. It tries to charge me $24.99 so not sure if it carries over or not. And I must buy a disc copy as well.
    DEATH IS CERTAIN.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,397,943
    Posted on 27 December 15 at 01:56Permalink
    R1KM4N said:How can they justify those prices on the Marvel games? One is 9 years old, the other is 6 and they are both for a last gen system. $5 each would have been acceptable, maybe even up to $10 at a (very big) push. Anything over that is crazy.Because, it's a licensed title. Why do people have such a problem understanding that?
  • Posted on 27 December 15 at 02:00Permalink
    GTA 4 or 5 for the win....LOL
  • Saint GavinSaint Gavin244,071
    Posted on 27 December 15 at 05:40Permalink
    RomanAround said:Battlefield 4 is an awesome game! £22 for the base game plus the premium pass is actually excellent value.

Unlike BF: Hardline the BF4 premium pass is for 5 DLC map packs, adding 20 maps to the 10 in the base game. Plus it also added 5 game modes to the 7 modes that existed in the base game.

On top of that DICE have released 4 additional, free DLC packs this year:

1) Weapons Crate (New game mode and weapons)
    2) Night Operations DLC - New night time map and night vision gadgets/weapons
    3) Community Operations DLC - New map built from the ground up in collaboration with BF4 players.
    4) Legacy Operations DLC - A recreation of the 2 old maps from previous BF games, merged together into one huge map (Dragon Valley and Noshahr Canals), plus more new modes.

Plus there is still more DLC to come, including 2 more night maps.

So overall you'll be getting 14 game modes, 33 maps (soon to be 35), over 100 weapons and over 50 gadgets. Plus an OK single player campaign.

Great value. Player counts are also much higher on BF4 than BF:Hardline and, unlike Hardline, lots of people play the DLC maps and all of the modes. (BF4's Peak concurrent player count on December 24th was 17,244 on Xbox One compared to Hardline's 6,789).
    Just out of curiosity where did you get those stats for concurrent players and the confirmation of 2 more maps? I love Battlefield also btw Highly recommend
  • Posted on 27 December 15 at 07:35Permalink
    ThreeHaddock62 said:LOST Thanu said:If I buy Battlefield 4 Premium Edition for the One, can I also download the DLC's on the 360?No.

It used to be (And might still be) that if you purchase it on the 360, you also get it on the One, but it's never worked the other way around.
    Yeah buy the 360 Premium, get the xbone version free
    Same for Hardline and Black Flag
    I'm Awkward With Potential: Boss Major
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo252,570
    Posted on 27 December 15 at 07:57Permalink
    I don't think I'll be hanging on for anything amazing this year... Santa came and luckily I should be studying instead.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • GottleGottle566,006
    Posted on 27 December 15 at 16:12, Edited on 27 December 15 at 16:32 by GottlePermalink
    Guys, MUA GoD is the Gold edition one...this means that it contains BOTH the DLCs.
    Hurry up, it's still on sale right now!
    Gold edition on disc is sold on amazon and ebay for about 50$...is it cheap for you?! Well, not for me, especially considering that this is a 2006-2007 game.

Does anyone knows if also MUA2 GoD contains all DLCs?
  • Posted on 27 December 15 at 18:20Permalink
    Gottle said:Guys, MUA GoD is the Gold edition one...this means that it contains BOTH the DLCs.
    Gold edition on disc is sold on amazon and ebay for about 50$...is it cheap for you?! Well, not for me, especially considering that this is a 2006-2007 game.

Yes it does! smile
  • Posted on 27 December 15 at 18:27Permalink
    Gottle said:Guys, MUA GoD is the Gold edition one...this means that it contains BOTH the DLCs.

Damnit!! Thanks for the heads-up, Gottle but I didn't see this in time. Was the only thing stopping me from buying as well. They really should have updated the product listing when they re-added these to the marketplace a couple of months ago... Even if most people don't care about achievements, you'd think Activision would want to make it known that you're getting extra content included.

Ah, well - least I know for next time. Thanks.

Did make me laugh seeing the usual comments about them being cheaper elsewhere though... they aren't (in the UK anyway) but don't let facts stop you. roll
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,397,943
    Posted on 27 December 15 at 18:34Permalink
    MasterChief Tom said:Did make me laugh seeing the usual comments about them being cheaper elsewhere though... they aren't (in the UK anyway) but don't let facts stop you. rollPlus, some people prefer to buy digital nowadays (like me). So, the "you can get it cheaper elsewhere" argument is moot.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.