Site Wishlist - Archive

Archived site wishlist posts

Show us a session feedback number that actually serves a purpose

• Implemented
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 December 15 at 12:51
    What is that number even supposed to be good for? I've seen a guy with 600+ feedback ruin a session. If you actually look at his feedback there's a ton of negatives. Why even have that number if it's meaningless? This feedback number beside peoples' names in sessions serves the same purpose as the 5 stars on XBL profiles on 360. NOTHING! Nobody cares how many sessions a bad booster was in. They're still a bad booster. This should be improved on. Show us a % positive like ebay does or something that serves a purpose.

I had brought this up in another topic, and I realized that one's not in the wishlist forum, so let's get it going here.
    100% Onyx MAX on Halo: Reach 6/19/2012: 230+ DAYS playtime, 69+ million credits. 1.4 million FF kills.
  • JamPound32JamPound321,394,468
    Posted on 28 December 15 at 14:13
    That's why you hover over the feedback score and you can see how many positive/neutrals/negatives they have.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 December 15 at 14:48, Edited on 28 December 15 at 14:51 by
    JamP0und32 said:That's why you hover over the feedback score and you can see how many positive/neutrals/negatives they have.Ok, I admit I never noticed that. Fact remains the feedback score is rather pointless. It might as well be the feedback icon that appears on profile pages.
    100% Onyx MAX on Halo: Reach 6/19/2012: 230+ DAYS playtime, 69+ million credits. 1.4 million FF kills.
  • Posted on 28 December 15 at 16:23
    There is a formula that I've figured out for the feedback. Each session is worth up to 1 point. How much of that you actually get depends on your feedback from that session and how many people left you feedback.

Session value = Players leaving feedback / Feedback points

Positive = +1
    Neutral = 0
    Negative. = -1

So three positive and one negative would be 4/2 or 0.5 for the session. These values add up, so the more sessions you join, the higher the total is going to be.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,133,642
    Posted on 28 December 15 at 17:00
    Pom poms at the ready cheerleaders!
    Posted on 28 December 15 at 17:15
    I don't think you two read his post...
  • SpilnerSpilner1,133,642
    Posted on 28 December 15 at 17:18
    I know they didn't but I wanted to show the explanation.
    Ive already replied in another thread.
    Pom poms at the ready cheerleaders!
  • EhrenfriedEhrenfried175,361
    Posted on 28 December 15 at 18:46
    Is there a method to get back to a say 100.00 score? (all positive)
    I've seen people here with a 22.00 feedback including 1 neutral or 1 negative.
    I got 400+ positive and 1 neg, but I'm still at 131.75, I want my .00 back.
    www.sal2740.beepworld.de
    Posted on 28 December 15 at 18:50, Edited on 28 December 15 at 18:51 by JamPound32
    Ehrenfried said:Is there a method to get back to a say 100.00 score? (all positive)
    I've seen people here with a 22.00 feedback including 1 neutral or 1 negative.
    I got 400+ positive and 1 neg, but I'm still at 131.75, I want my .00 back.
    Be in a session where you get 3 negs and 1 positive. No way without more neutrals/negatives.
  • Posted on 28 December 15 at 19:09
    JamP0und32 said:I don't think you two read his post...I did actually read the post. I was just attempting to quickly explain how the feedback you get in a session affects the feedback score that it's shown when somebody joins a session. Because the feedback system virtually always results in a positive number, even if it is just a fraction, if you pay on enough sessions, that number week climb into the hundreds like he was talking about. Because of this, the only way to truly determine what kind of booster it's joining your session is to actually check the feedback given.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 December 15 at 19:47
    HyruleBalverine said:JamP0und32 said:I don't think you two read his post...I did actually read the post. I was just attempting to quickly explain how the feedback you get in a session affects the feedback score that it's shown when somebody joins a session. Because the feedback system virtually always results in a positive number, even if it is just a fraction, if you pay on enough sessions, that number week climb into the hundreds like he was talking about. Because of this, the only way to truly determine what kind of booster it's joining your session is to actually check the feedback given.Which proves my point that it's just as meaningless as the stars on the Xbox 360 rep system.
  • Posted on 28 December 15 at 20:45, Edited on 28 December 15 at 20:46 by HyruleBalverine
    Yes and no. At least here, you can see what the feedback was for and if it was legitimate. You can also see how long ago it was. I have some negative feedback from right after I started boosting. The just called me a no show, but never actually sent me an invite to the session. Apparently, when though it never said this in the session notes, he expected us to message him at session time. That negative marred my feedback for a while, as I built it back up with positives for all of the good sessions I was in.
    The total number is basically meaningless because a high number is more just indicative of a larger number of sessions played. It's the feedback itself that matters.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,083,789
    Posted on 28 December 15 at 22:22
    Agree with the OP.

How about a % displayed of positives? My session feedback score is 188.75. As a %, it is 98.52%. That is so much clearer. All the current score shows is that one has been in many a session.

You may suggest hovering, but if you are on the mobile site, or a touch device, doesn't work. It would be simpler as %, and easy to compare.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,849,905
    Posted on 28 December 15 at 22:47
    +1. % positive + # of session should give all necessary info. The current system makes the quantity metrics override the quality metrics.
  • Posted on 29 December 15 at 04:11
    I like this.
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
  • DCM7734DCM7734216,636
    Posted on 29 December 15 at 04:48, Edited on 29 December 15 at 07:36 by DCM7734
    I'm good with changing this. A big number means nothing, as long as you've done enough good sessions to balance out the bad.

Edit note: Damn Autocorrect
  • Posted on 29 December 15 at 05:33
    DCM7734 said:I'm good with changing this. A big number men's nothing, as long as you've done enough good sessions to balance out the bad.Uno sessions, I presume?
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
  • DCM7734DCM7734216,636
    Posted on 29 December 15 at 06:07
    BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:DCM7734 said:I'm good with changing this. A big number men's nothing, as long as you've done enough good sessions to balance out the bad.Uno sessions, I presume?-_- iPad, I think.

But not sure what you mean by Uno.
  • misfit119misfit1191,163,759
    Posted on 29 December 15 at 06:25
    LuckyConquerer2 said:Agree with the OP.

How about a % displayed of positives? My session feedback score is 188.75. As a %, it is 98.52%. That is so much clearer. All the current score shows is that one has been in many a session.
    I agree with this as well. I'd argue for keeping the hovering, since it gives extra information, and leave it so that when someone clicks on it then it still shows the same feedback page. But have the icon itself give a feedback percentage instead.

I mean, I get why it uses that number. People on this site love themselves having big numbers because e-peen and stuff (teasing) and while I'm sure some people will still give bad feedback, this makes a lot of sense. One of the biggest issues I've come across with feedback is people will give good feedback to no shows because they can't be assed to remember who was in the session or to avoid retaliatory feedback so the issue is still going to be there but at least a percentage will help make the number mean something.

DCM7734 said:BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:DCM7734 said:I'm good with changing this. A big number men's nothing, as long as you've done enough good sessions to balance out the bad.Uno sessions, I presume?-_- iPad, I think.

But not sure what you mean by Uno.
    Pretty sure I know. Unfortunately.... Go turn on Uno. Enable other peoples cams. Marvel at the number of people showing their genitals. Weep.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • DCM7734DCM7734216,636
    Posted on 29 December 15 at 07:35
    misfit119 said:BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:But not sure what you mean by Uno.Pretty sure I know. Unfortunately.... Go turn on Uno. Enable other peoples cams. Marvel at the number of people showing their genitals. Weep.Oh... I see now.
    Still, a typo. I'll go fix it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads