Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft's 2016 Titles - Release Window Updates

• Posted on 05 January 16 at 16:00
    Obscure Ale said:DeadlyName0 said:Obscure Ale said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.More games Microsoft also release on PC the better IMO since the console and PC are a different target market with only a small amount of overlap.

More sales = more chance of sequels + bigger budget + More games + maybe even more studios. All in all the gamers win.
    I wouldn't feel I'm winning if I would own an Xbox One right now, because I have a PC already and if it's like this way, I don't see the point of owning an Xbox One! except BC.
    That's exactly the point I made like 90% of each market is a separate thing completely leaving very few who would both be consider themselves a PC gamer and a console gamer.
    So I don't really know what to do now? I was planning to get an Xbox One, but now I think I will have rethink this again.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D2,055,259
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 16:13
    And I won't be playing a vast majority of these until probably 2018 at the earliest. lol
  • FaalbaardFaalbaard234,851
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 16:26
    Cw Icecold said:Let's hope that we can play Red Dead Redemption 2 this year clap^^this^^

Gta V story dlc would keep me satisfied as well! toast
  • Posted on 05 January 16 at 17:04, Edited on 05 January 16 at 17:05 by Mobius Evalon
    Fanta Morgana said:Mobius Evalon said:You can easily build an entry gaming rig for the same price tag as an Xbone with far more memory, storage space, and GPU power.While that may be the case, you certainly can't play the games on the same graphic fidelity. To make a game look as good as it does on a console you need way higher specs in your PC to reach the same result.
    I'm not that big into PC like I used to so I don't know what kind of rig around 300-350$ would get you but I kinda doubt that it would get you enough power to run games at the same graphic level as an Xbox one does.
    I feel that is always a point that is misrepresented by PC-evangelists.
    However I would be curious to read what kind of components you would pick for a rig that costs 350$ max.
    Well let me clarify: for about $550 you can build a very competent gaming rig. I bought my Xbone at $500 and I didn't know they were at $350. Can't make a PC worth owning at the $350 mark.

I'm not a PC evangelist either. My entire PC gaming history is like 3 games on Steam and one GFWL.
    My opinions are often unpopular and acerbic.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 January 16 at 17:23
    Gears sucks. Hurry up and release it so it can be forgotten about and we can move on.
  • U2NUMBU2NUMB957,332
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 17:42
    In general we need MANY more Xbox Windows 10 games... seriously get on this MS. Not talking just AAA games..
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,629,250
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 17:46
    DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.Its just ms cashing in. And for ms' bank balance and those people who stack the same game multiple times and reward ms by buying the same game for a different platform multiple times
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,629,250
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 17:50
    None of these games have any appeal to me. I'm waiting for hitman, the division and apparently watch dogs 2 is gona be out this year. Still not even bothered even getting an xbox1 yet
  • CeeDaRulaCeeDaRula115,130
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 17:50, Edited on 05 January 16 at 17:52 by CeeDaRula
    punkyliar said:Edowh said:Skanker irl said:gallzy111 said:Quite surprised they've brought Gears of War 4 ahead, as said above, I really hope this doesn't mean they are rushing a release.It's been almost five years since Gears 3 came out. I don't think they are rushing laughIt's been 1 year since The Coalition owns GoW..
    Really hope they take their time
    Nearly 2 years actually. The Coalition (or Black Tusk as they were known back then) got the rights and started developing the game on January 27th, 2014:

Microsoft Studios Acquires Gears Rights
    Ya, as much as I don't like calling it a "Gears of War game" GOWJ roll was released in March 19th of 2013, so it's only been a little over 2 years.

As for me I'm waiting on Gears of war 4 and Doom! toast
    Shoot em' up!!!
  • Linkx41Linkx4178,951
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 18:41
    I just want a release date for Gears!
    Hooray for Windows 10!
  • EurydaceEurydace642,385
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 19:09, Edited on 05 January 16 at 19:11 by Eurydace
    Mobius Evalon said:Eurydace said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.You don't have to buy and use a $1000 computer for one.You can easily build an entry gaming rig for the same price tag as an Xbone with far more memory, storage space, and GPU power.DeadlyName0 said:Eurydace said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.You don't have to buy and use a $1000 computer for one.Dude, first of all you have no knowledge of PC's, if you have no knowledge, please don't talk about them. 500 $ or euros PC's can play games very easily! Plus for the owners of PC's, there is no point of getting an Xbox One if this continues. I wanted to get an Xbox One, but I guess I will have to think about it.DustinNeverBone said:Eurydace said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.You don't have to buy and use a $1000 computer for one.You could play these games with a $500 PC. If you've bought a PC or laptop in the last 2-3 years you can play these games.Last year I played way more on PC than Xbox. I know what things cost.

A PC doesn't begin to be worth it until $1000 over either console. A $500 is garbage and the negatives far outweigh any benefits (of which there are none.

I play games as a casual hobby. Being a PC gamer isn't conducive to that. I've done both.

To more adequately answer the original question, PC gamers were likely not going to buy an Xbone anyway. Might as well sell them your games and get them in your ecosystem. MS isn't in the gaming industry to beat PC and PS4. They're here to sell you on the brand.
  • Posted on 05 January 16 at 19:30, Edited on 05 January 16 at 19:31 by DeadlyName0
    NO1KEV said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.Its just ms cashing in. And for ms' bank balance and those people who stack the same game multiple times and reward ms by buying the same game for a different platform multiple timesI don't know mate... It is just so dissapointing to see exclusive games releasing on PC too...

Eurydace said:Mobius Evalon said:Eurydace said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry
    I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.
    You don't have to buy and use a $1000 computer for one.
    You can easily build an entry gaming rig for the same price tag as an Xbone with far more memory, storage space, and GPU power.
    DeadlyName0 said:Eurydace said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.You don't have to buy and use a $1000 computer for one.Dude, first of all you have no knowledge of PC's, if you have no knowledge, please don't talk about them. 500 $ or euros PC's can play games very easily! Plus for the owners of PC's, there is no point of getting an Xbox One if this continues. I wanted to get an Xbox One, but I guess I will have to think about it.DustinNeverBone said:Eurydace said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.You don't have to buy and use a $1000 computer for one.You could play these games with a $500 PC. If you've bought a PC or laptop in the last 2-3 years you can play these games.Last year I played way more on PC than Xbox. I know what things cost.

A PC doesn't begin to be worth it until $1000 over either console. A $500 is garbage and the negatives far outweigh any benefits (of which there are none.

I play games as a casual hobby. Being a PC gamer isn't conducive to that. I've done both.

To more adequately answer the original question, PC gamers were likely not going to buy an Xbone anyway. Might as well sell them your games and get them in your ecosystem. MS isn't in the gaming industry to beat PC and PS4. They're here to sell you on the brand.
    A 500$ PC is garbage?! WTH did I just hear? At least it's competent with the consoles. I'm gaming on consoles and PC, but hearing to this statement, gets my eyes popped.
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 19:51
    DeadlyName0 said:NO1KEV said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.Its just ms cashing in. And for ms' bank balance and those people who stack the same game multiple times and reward ms by buying the same game for a different platform multiple timesI don't know mate... It is just so dissapointing to see exclusive games releasing on PC too...

Eurydace said:Mobius Evalon said:Eurydace said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry
    You can easily build an entry gaming rig for the same price tag as an Xbone with far more memory, storage space, and GPU power.
    DeadlyName0 said:Eurydace said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.You don't have to buy and use a $1000 computer for one.Dude, first of all you have no knowledge of PC's, if you have no knowledge, please don't talk about them. 500 $ or euros PC's can play games very easily! Plus for the owners of PC's, there is no point of getting an Xbox One if this continues. I wanted to get an Xbox One, but I guess I will have to think about it.DustinNeverBone said:Eurydace said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.You don't have to buy and use a $1000 computer for one.You could play these games with a $500 PC. If you've bought a PC or laptop in the last 2-3 years you can play these games.Last year I played way more on PC than Xbox. I know what things cost.

A 500$ PC is garbage?! WTH did I just hear? At least it's competent with the consoles. I'm gaming on consoles and PC, but hearing to this statement, gets my eyes popped.
    A $500 PC will be woefully inadequate within a couple years. The same consoles will appear to produce better visuals due to optimization. It certainly wouldn't last an entire generation.
  • FairPowerFairPower178,321 178,321 GamerScore
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 19:54
    DustinNeverBone said:Eurydace said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.You don't have to buy and use a $1000 computer for one.You could play these games with a $500 PC. If you've bought a PC or laptop in the last 2-3 years you can play these games.I second this, built a 420 euro PC 2 years ago, can play most modern games, depending on how well they are optimized for PC and console, some look better on PC some look worse.
    -FairPower
  • Posted on 05 January 16 at 22:07
    Eurydace said:DeadlyName0 said:NO1KEV said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.Its just ms cashing in. And for ms' bank balance and those people who stack the same game multiple times and reward ms by buying the same game for a different platform multiple timesI don't know mate... It is just so dissapointing to see exclusive games releasing on PC too...

A $500 PC will be woefully inadequate within a couple years. The same consoles will appear to produce better visuals due to optimization. It certainly wouldn't last an entire generation.
    Now you do have a point there...
  • Chris8875Chris8875682,109
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 22:10
    Red Dead Redemption 2.

That is all.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,085,997
    Posted on 05 January 16 at 22:47
    Gears 4, you shall be mine.
    Posted on 06 January 16 at 00:05
    And that's what I mean by value. Consoles last longer. You need a really expensive PC to match that.
  • Posted on 06 January 16 at 01:22
    I can't wait for more information on Recore.

Did anyone else think, "This is making me think of recore.." When first seeing Rey and BB-8 going across the sand on Jakku? compute
    "I should go."
  • MDArcadeMDArcade163,717
    Posted on 06 January 16 at 03:08
    Eurydace said:Mobius Evalon said:Eurydace said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.You don't have to buy and use a $1000 computer for one.You can easily build an entry gaming rig for the same price tag as an Xbone with far more memory, storage space, and GPU power.DeadlyName0 said:Eurydace said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.You don't have to buy and use a $1000 computer for one.Dude, first of all you have no knowledge of PC's, if you have no knowledge, please don't talk about them. 500 $ or euros PC's can play games very easily! Plus for the owners of PC's, there is no point of getting an Xbox One if this continues. I wanted to get an Xbox One, but I guess I will have to think about it.DustinNeverBone said:Eurydace said:DeadlyName0 said:I'm pretty worried to see exclusive games to Xbox One going to PC too cry I see no point getting an Xbox One if that's the case.You don't have to buy and use a $1000 computer for one.You could play these games with a $500 PC. If you've bought a PC or laptop in the last 2-3 years you can play these games.Last year I played way more on PC than Xbox. I know what things cost.

I'm sorry you're overpaying for something a PC a few hundred dollars less can do.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.