Game Discussion: Cubot - The Complexity of Simplicity

Not Available?

• LorneLorne768,442
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 09:38
    Anyone getting this when trying to purchase it?

I am in Canada, but that shouldn't matter because I can buy it from Steam on a Canadian PC. I have a Canadian / American account on my xbox account and neither can get it.

I am thinking because I am on the west coast I won't get it until the morning? Morning being about 10am my time, which is when I usually expect stuff like this.

Anyone know if it's going to be region locked or US only?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 January 16 at 13:20
    Unavailable for me in the US as well
  • SpilnerSpilner853,477
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 14:12
    UK too, most likely the store listing is up before the game is live.
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • LorneLorne768,442
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:38
    Okay, yup waiting for this thing to come up then. $1.99 for a 1000 gamerscore, I'm down.
  • Posted on 08 January 16 at 18:03
    It's 2 dollars? wow, I wish more indie devs would price their games accurately like that. I'm wondering why it isn't available.
  • LorneLorne768,442
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 19:25
    I (and a couple others) have tweeted the dev letting him know it's not available, he did say it'll be available in the UK so I'm sure it'll be available in Canada as well.
  • SpilnerSpilner853,477
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 19:33
    Lorne117 said:I (and a couple others) have tweeted the dev letting him know it's not available, he did say it'll be available in the UK so I'm sure it'll be available in Canada as well.I tried tweeting xbox support who gave the usual spiel.
  • LorneLorne768,442
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 19:57
    I checked his Twitter more and he is in communication wth ID@XBOX about it. Apparently another game (Unepic) is suffering from the same problem so it's probably an XBOX related problem and not the dev.
  • Nate1528Nate15282,503,744
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 20:16
    Yeah I can't wait to play this game and its still down!
    nate 1528
  • ZedarboyZedarboy1,823,447
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 01:24
    It says not available on the Xbox, but is available to buy on xbox.com
  • SpilnerSpilner853,477
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 01:42, Edited on 09 January 16 at 01:46 by Spilner
    Zedarboy said:It says not available on the Xbox, but is available to buy on xbox.comWhich region?

Edit: Got it, went to store, changed to French region, could buy, tried to which logged me in then switched back to UK and the buy screen came up.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 January 16 at 02:20
    Yep. Just grabbed it off xbox.com. Downloading now. That 1K is so close I can taste it
  • ZedarboyZedarboy1,823,447
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 02:21
    Spilner said:Zedarboy said:It says not available on the Xbox, but is available to buy on xbox.comWhich region?

Edit: Got it, went to store, changed to French region, could buy, tried to which logged me in then switched back to UK and the buy screen came up.
    Weird. I just used UK region.
  • SpilnerSpilner853,477
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 02:45
    Think was just my cache tbh
  • Nate1528Nate15282,503,744
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 03:27
    Sweet its up now.
    nate 1528
  • VegettoVegetto1,678,337
    Posted on 10 January 16 at 00:12
    It's not available at the german store. :(
  • SpilnerSpilner853,477
    Posted on 10 January 16 at 02:23
    Kojiro Hyuga XT said:It's not available at the german store. :(Change regions and buy elsewhere then, imagine your euros are good in france or the like
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 January 16 at 10:20
    I don't know the game, but from MS I know, they put it up per Country. So it can be that France sees it earlier then another and other way around (but you should asume UK is more important then FR, but € is bigger then £). Germany bans certain games like Dead Rising.

I buyed in a Dutch Store (Mediamarkt) my X1 before MS official sold it in NL, so needed another way to buy from Digital Xbox Store and took Germany (as I'm partly German). Buyed DR3 on disk and coudn't find the DLC for it few weeks later. Then started to use Ireland as they are the only country that has English & €.
    Twitch & YT: KlikoTV | Twitter: @Klikopedia
  • Posted on 12 January 16 at 13:48, Edited on 12 January 16 at 13:49 by Evenger Ostro
    Kojiro Hyuga XT said:It's not available at the german store. :(Lots of ID@Xbox games aren't and won't be available in the German store. That is mostly due to USK ratings and the cost. I've asked a couple devs about their games and if they plan to release them in more regions and they said Germany isn't worth it because of USK being quite expensive and MS is not allowed to sell games in Germany without the rating. The dev of Cubot replied exactly that.

Changing the console's region is easy but you will need prepaid cards for different countries. I couldn't even use the € on my profile/account in France or the Netherlands, I had to use a new prepaid card to pay for downloads. I'd suggest creating a profile for the UK, it's the easiest way I've encountered. You need to fake some info but it works and MS doesn't care about the fake info it seems. I've used that profile for years now for purchases in the UK.
    Nintendo fanboy who loves Sega and plays XBox, seriously
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76586,031
    Posted on 02 October 20 at 15:18
    Evenger Ostro said:
    Kojiro Hyuga XT said:
    It's not available at the german store. :(
    Lots of ID@Xbox games aren't and won't be available in the German store. That is mostly due to USK ratings and the cost. I've asked a couple devs about their games and if they plan to release them in more regions and they said Germany isn't worth it because of USK being quite expensive and MS is not allowed to sell games in Germany without the rating. The dev of Cubot replied exactly that.

Changing the console's region is easy but you will need prepaid cards for different countries. I couldn't even use the € on my profile/account in France or the Netherlands, I had to use a new prepaid card to pay for downloads. I'd suggest creating a profile for the UK, it's the easiest way I've encountered. You need to fake some info but it works and MS doesn't care about the fake info it seems. I've used that profile for years now for purchases in the UK.
    Ah geez... 2020 and it's still not available in Germany. While the USK has gotten a lot more lenient regarding censoring and banning games during this last generation, apparently they're a bunch of greedy wankers now.

I did just successfully buy it in the Ireland store, though. Used my credit card as usual; no prepaid cards needed.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.