Site News

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

The TrueAchievements Staff Game of the Year 2015

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:29
    Does this count as a TA Top 5?

If it does there's something important I should let you know...
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane
  • Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:30, Edited on 08 January 16 at 16:33 by DownInFlames85
    Nice to see some more Life Is Strange love, also my personal choice for Game Of The Year 2015. A fine list of other games here as well.
    Hotter than Abba in Nevada sun, in a real small car, with the windows rolled up. OH!
  • Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:30
    Well, even if I disagree with the Reader's Choice final results, I like them MUCH more than yours.laugh
  • Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:32
    Great list of games, all deserving.
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite2,479,047
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:41
    YES! YES! YES! THIS IS TRUE GAME OF THE YEAR!

Well done Life is Strange!
  • SpilnerSpilner799,156
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:42
    Better list.
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • BeanpotterBeanpotter1,140,406
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:43
    Oddworld X said:Does this count as a TA Top 5?

If it does there's something important I should let you know...
    As long as it's not remotely boaty and weather related, please, continue...

I'm playing Witcher 3 at the mo and it's the best gaming world I've ever inhabited. Fallout was great but I tired of it a little towards the end.
    Mame Tobikomi!
  • Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:50
    Not only do you consider Batman: World of Tanks a Game of the Year candidate, but to have it above The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt... I've lost all respect for you. I'll never buy another Rocksteady game because of Arkham Knight, and I loved Arkham Asylum and especially Arkham City.

I could rant forever on my issues with game itself and the Season Pass, but what kills me are the "episodes." Here's something "fun" to try: start up any of the Arkham Episodes, simultaneously have a friend go to the bathroom... see who's done first.
    Here's my chance to show my creativity.... nope, got nothing.
  • ukinsproukinspro1,323,569
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:50
    So a lot of people's game of the year was about High School Girls.

This seems so very wrong!!!!
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant561,281
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:53
    I really, really do not get the love for Life is Strange. Played the demo and eugh. WTF?
  • SkelixSkelix976,694
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:55
    hey planting - I agree Dragon Mania Legends is a damn good freemium Gameloft game, not sure if you played Six Guns and/or that Order Chaos mmo. Both great games as well.

Only thing that kills Six Guns is the 100% completion bug, and Order Chaos is hit with a server bug that kills the mailbox/chest storage, but if mmo's don't enrage you should def check that one out.

Just wish more of their games were actually completable, like 2 outa 3 of their games are broke whether freemium or paid!
  • Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:55
    LuckyConquerer2 said:I really, really do not get the love for Life is Strange. Played the demo and eugh. WTF?It gets much better after episode 1.
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant561,281
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:57
    Mystic Typh00n said:LuckyConquerer2 said:I really, really do not get the love for Life is Strange. Played the demo and eugh. WTF?It gets much better after episode 1.It was the rewind feature that I disliked. Is that constant?
  • Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:58
    Yeah, it's the main feature of the game really.
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • imaidiot19imaidiot19827,450
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:59
    I would have voted for Tomb Raider, had I finished it in 2015. But great list, minus some nuclear waste.
    Yes, I know I am.
  • AllOvaMyselfAllOvaMyself763,508
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 16:59
    Well, at least you managed to get the Witcher in there this time...
    Without me, it's just aweso.
  • SpilnerSpilner799,156
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 17:01
    LuckyConquerer2 said:Mystic Typh00n said:LuckyConquerer2 said:I really, really do not get the love for Life is Strange. Played the demo and eugh. WTF?It gets much better after episode 1.It was the rewind feature that I disliked. Is that constant?Literally the basis of the game and story.
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,233,117
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 17:04
    Current Future said:Not only do you consider Batman: World of Tanks a Game of the Year candidate, but to have it above The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt... I've lost all respect for you. I'll never buy another Rocksteady game because of Arkham Knight, and I loved Arkham Asylum and especially Arkham City.

I could rant forever on my issues with game itself and the Season Pass, but what kills me are the "episodes." Here's something "fun" to try: start up any of the Arkham Episodes, simultaneously have a friend go to the bathroom... see who's done first.
    Well considering this is from a smaller pool of people, all choosing their favourite games, not surprising it may not appear on top. Some on staff (me included), haven't even played Witcher or had started it at the time of voting.
  • SoupaBuoySoupaBuoy461,094
    Posted on 08 January 16 at 17:04
    The list is pretty good - personally not my top game, but we've had some highlights this year :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.