Site News

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

The TrueAchievements Staff Game of the Year 2015

• Posted on 09 January 16 at 03:13
    My top game as well! Loved Life is Strange from beginning to end.
  • B0WM4NXB0WM4NX390,229
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 03:19
    How did Rise of the Tomb Raider not make the list...? What the hell is up with this years competition?
    -Murder for The Crows-
  • hawk synhawk syn127,014
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 03:51
    Wow I'm surprised by true fan truefanboys that they didn't have a complete call of duty and halo board
    Dude chill
  • Burnah BrosBurnah Bros280,627
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 04:58
    Good list! Looking forward to checking out the games in TA's top 5 that I've yet to play.
    Burnah Bros
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy456,100
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 06:58
    Otherwise known as a list of highest budget games put in a seemingly random order.

Do people not remember what a bloody mess Batman was when it came out and how long it took them to patch? Is it even fixed yet?
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • TenFootBunnyTenFootBunny280,648
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 07:50
    JMJimmy said:Otherwise known as a list of highest budget games put in a seemingly random order.

Do people not remember what a bloody mess Batman was when it came out and how long it took them to patch? Is it even fixed yet?
    I don't know/care about Arkham Knight and didn't play it on any platform. However, the PC port was so bad that it got pulled from Steam and then, when it returned, was still buggy to the point of being unplayable. Some console-exclusive sites gave the game okay ratings, but a vast majority of multi-platform sites and independent reviewers put Arkham Knight on their "Worst of 2015" lists with the caveat that it was at least playable on consoles.

As for the reviews from people who played it, all I heard was that they made the Batmobile front-and-center, Batman was almost an afterthought, and the driving mechanics were frustrating. After watching some let's plays, I'm pretty sure it's a game I'll never pick up.

One thing is for sure - it's a shame that Arkham Knight beat Witcher 3, considering the most-common reason that Witcher 3 didn't win a single award (on both staff GOTY and user GOTY) was that people just didn't play it. I heard terrible things about the Witcher series, and was so unenthusiastic about Witcher 3 that it sat on my shelf for four months, then it become my favorite game of all time. It was THAT good.
  • Posted on 09 January 16 at 08:57
    Parallax Demon said:Where is this Mediterranean hillside exactly located winkhahaha clap
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant561,281
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 09:13
    Shadow 00 Fox said:Parallax Demon said:Where is this Mediterranean hillside exactly located winkhahaha clapI already went there. I was too late. She may have been eligible, many moons ago.
  • DarzlatDarzlat129,338
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 10:15
    This list is better
  • Posted on 09 January 16 at 10:29
    You should really do some TA top 5 lists again!

Anyways, I haven't played any of these games, though I own most of them, or just ordered them. My backlog is too big, and I try to play games series in order of their release. Atm I don't really have the time to play RPG's, so it'll probably still take quite some time until I'm going to play Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, seeing that I haven't played their prequels, yet.
    Too many games, too little time. First world problem. shock
  • spacedvest2spacedvest2752,933
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 10:42
    I like your game choices, but I don't agree with the order at all. I would have put Witcher at #1, Fallout at #2, Life is Strange maybe 3 or 4.
  • wbswbs912,842
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 11:19
    Pretty good list I just wish Rare Replay could have had a spot in there somewhere
  • Posted on 09 January 16 at 13:30
    I cannot bring myself to play LIS or Witcher 3. LIS just doesn't interest me at all and after giving Witcher 2 a shot, I promptly decided that there were other games that would be more enjoyable for me. I do plan on getting fallout 4 at some point.
    MGS V... I know it had a rough start, but come on. Couldn't even get an honorable mention here?
    So, it begins...
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,233,117
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 13:36
    Aura of Heroism said:I cannot bring myself to play LIS or Witcher 3. LIS just doesn't interest me at all and after giving Witcher 2 a shot, I promptly decided that there were other games that would be more enjoyable for me. I do plan on getting fallout 4 at some point.
    MGS V... I know it had a rough start, but come on. Couldn't even get an honorable mention here?
    It would've been an honourable mention if more staff voted on it. The reason Ori was, is I believe that it came 6th.
  • Daelus1Daelus1519,853
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 14:11
    IdeaLista82 said:Compare:

Games that excel in one department tend to struggle in another, but The Witcher 3 manages to exceed in all of them. Stunning graphics, a heartfelt story, fleshed out characters, solid gameplay and a beautiful soundtrack are all present here, helping to create one of the best RPG's ever to grace the gaming community. Even at eighty hours in, I was still eager to hop straight back into the world that Geralt inhabits and enjoy the plethora of content on offer. It's an RPG fan's ultimate gaming dream.

To

Fallout 4 is not a perfect game. The plot is not memorable, the world is a lot smaller compared to The Witcher or Skyrim, the graphics could be better and the RPG-element is downtuned again.
    But, when you start to play it, it's so addictive. It's an open world filled with easter eggs, funny encounters, places to explore, goodies to be found etc. That's what all Bethesda games are; the story gives you a reason to start the game, and before you know it, you're doing all kind of things not story related at all.
    Fallout 4 gives you all of that in the best looking world ever created by Bethesda.

Is it just me who thinks something is not right here with positions on the list?
    You need to read TA's review of the game; one of the more honest reviews of the game I had seen. The reviewer acknowledged the game was far from perfect (despite giving it a perfect score....don't ask :P)
  • Posted on 09 January 16 at 14:42
    Daelus1 said:You need to read TA's review of the game; one of the more honest reviews of the game I had seen. The reviewer acknowledged the game was far from perfect (despite giving it a perfect score....don't ask :P)Please read this for an explanation of the scoring system.

And there's no such thing as a perfect game!
  • NomstuffNomstuff699,053
    Posted on 09 January 16 at 14:45
    TrueAchievement said:Daelus1 said:You need to read TA's review of the game; one of the more honest reviews of the game I had seen. The reviewer acknowledged the game was far from perfect (despite giving it a perfect score....don't ask :P)Please read this for an explanation of the scoring system.

And there's no such thing as a perfect game!
    Except for Kirby's Adventure
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 January 16 at 17:58
    I really want to finish Black Flag so I can play Unity and Syndicate.

People have lobbed Assassins Creed in with Call Of Duty as an 'annual' game, but who cares? Assassins Creed is still one of the highest quality games out there. Yes, even AC3 I thoroughly enjoyed.

It got popular, I guess...and with popularity becomes unfound hatred.
  • Posted on 09 January 16 at 18:24, Edited on 09 January 16 at 18:29 by xPut Name Herex
  • Posted on 09 January 16 at 18:34
    Dang3R Gaming said:It was put lower because they are ranked by how many people on the team put it as one of their top two games. More people voted for Fallout as their higher choice/overall, compared to Witcher at least. Honestly, with such a small amount of people being able to vote on this, it literally takes 4-5 people agreeing for a game to get high on the staff list.

Trecool00 said:These opinions are wrong.And opinions can't be wrong, they're not facts facepalm
    Racism cant be wrong??? I dare say otherwise. The opinion that someone thinks they are superior based off race is appalling.

I know its an extreme but highlights the duality of such statements. Morally, ethically, and factually are all governed by different sets of rules.

Now watch me ride off into the sunset on my high horse

HAIL BRODIN THE SWOLEFATHER!!!
    http://bookofbrodin.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Brodin_Wiki

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!
    BY FYRE BE PURGED
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.