Game Discussion: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Forum

Help... just help

AuthorMessage
Darkness727420
Posted on 09 January 16 at 20:55
Help with the first challenge. Why in fucks name should I not have upgraded my sabers? Why???

Ok so my rage is over at the moment with this game, could someone give me an explanation? Also IF I do start a new save will I have to do what I've already done achievement wise for the challenges?

I'm not understanding why the sabers shouldn't be upgraded, it makes no god damn sense
HyruleBalverine
Posted on 09 January 16 at 22:42, Edited on 09 January 16 at 22:42 by HyruleBalverine
As I recall (admittedly, I haven't 100%ed the game yet), the more you upgrade your sabres, the more challenging the challenge becomes. I've read that it becomes practically impossible for the average user to do this if you've upgraded and is infinitely easier if you haven't upgraded at all.
Darkness727420
Posted on 09 January 16 at 23:07
Mmmmppphhh lol I'll fight through as I've gotten to the last one with 55 seconds left. I just need to get the timing down I guess. I'm one to refuse to go back that far and restart cause of one challenge. Does upgrading make each slash take longer or the entire combo longer? Or both lol
Ultras500
Ultras500
Posted on 09 January 16 at 23:07
Basically what Hyrule said except you can upgrade it once as I don't think you can get a gold medal without at least one upgrade due to not getting an added time bonus. On the flip side if you fully upgrade it the combos take so long to do it is extremely difficult to get gold. Unfortunately if you have fully upgraded it you will have to start a new save and redo the challenges which also means going through the story once more to unlock the challenges again etc.

If you think the combo challenge is hard wait until you get to the holocron challenge on the moving blocks.
Darkness727420
Posted on 09 January 16 at 23:12
Already gold medaled the holocron challenge, I'm just gonna have to sit down and go ham and this lol
Handydarkness
Handydarkness
Posted on 10 January 16 at 02:34
Trial and error is key with that. Keep at it. Persistence pays off.
Darkness727420
Posted on 10 January 16 at 03:58
Just got gold, score 56.088. I went ham, it possible to do with fully upgraded sabers. That and my refusal to do shit over again
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 10 January 16 at 20:06
Ultras500 said:Basically what Hyrule said except you can upgrade it once as I don't think you can get a gold medal without at least one upgrade due to not getting an added time bonus. On the flip side if you fully upgrade it the combos take so long to do it is extremely difficult to get gold. Unfortunately if you have fully upgraded it you will have to start a new save and redo the challenges which also means going through the story once more to unlock the challenges again etc.

If you think the combo challenge is hard wait until you get to the holocron challenge on the moving blocks.
It's possible to do it without any upgrades. I did it that way. The trick is you have to be EXACT with the timing. All the combos should flow into the next and it seems the 'bots spawn just so to be hit by a perfect flowing combo. You really need to get into the zone on it, much like doing the freeform combat in Arkham Asylum/City.

That being said, I can't imagine getting a Platinum on it, regardless of what you use. The combos just take too long that the added time bonus barely keeps pace with them.
MoneyShot360
MoneyShot360
Posted on 02 June 16 at 15:21
Got gold with fully upgraded sabers. Couple of things to note were to stay away from the middle where the bot spawns as he can sometimes pop up and hit you delaying time. The last combo of xxxx xxxx I tested a few times and the best way for me was to count 2 full seconds in between sections rather then just winging it each time.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.